Solo: A Star Wars Story

There isn't anything to gleaned from that teaser. I think we'll get a better sense when we see the whole thing. As bad of an idea I have been toting this movie to be, I'm more indifferent than anything else.

I’m probably in the minority.. I WANTED the Lord Miller fun comedy with Donald Glover Lando.

still has Glover, looks interesting, but not really getting sucked in yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Presenting some other dork in Han's costume is inherently a losing game. Our first gut-reaction to the sight of it was always gonna be bad. Same reason why we are crapping on the whole existence of this movie.

I don't think their hiding him indicates very much one way or another. They are just showing their strengths instead of the weaknesses. (Any) new guy will do a better job of becoming Han in rolling movie footage than in static shots. When the movie is rolling he has the whole supporting apparatus. The background, Chewie, the music, etc.

If this is 10 years before ANH I can see it. I mean if you are a dude with a new car, and who doesn’t care about cleaning, you’re a grease monkey making mods, and you drive like a maniac your car willlook beat to hell in a decade.

I’m a car guy, my daily driver was a 04 ranger, falling apart every day. Never washed it... let the rain do its job for me

I can kinda see Han saying ***** it, and let the falcon go to ****. Supposedly he didn’t work hard for it and cheated his way to owning it

So why bother taking care of it?

Another part of me says he did it on purpose to help it smuggle

I too can see this even in our own history, run runners use to take old beat up sedans and convert their suspension and engines to smuggle Booze way back then (fords flat head v8 was the motor of choice back then)

I was bitching with my friend tonight at work about it. Googled and found out Han is 29 in ANH... say Han is 20 in this film, then that’s only 9 years..

Then my friend brought up my truck because he knew the troubles I’ve had with it, and It kinda clicked and I can except the clean falcon now

The nose though... I hope they explain the nose, even with a few guys here explaining it I can’t see it mechanically moving?!

I’m curious if chewie is the reasoning why the falcon goes to hell... seems like he can’t even handle a basic brake job on the falcon in ESB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm digging this so far! I don't know WTH is going on with the Sequels, but apparently 98% of Lucasfilm's good concept artists/design team is working on these anthology movies! I really liked the Imperial recruiter talking about how great it is.

First of all, to a friend/co-worker who can't be bothered to indulge me in "Solo" discussions because he just KNOWS it's going to be a sh!tshow: "Suck it, buddy". :)

I'll admit, in the post-TLJ era, my bar is LOW. That said, I'm getting my Imperial Navy backstory in some measure, and it already made me do something that TLJ couldn't do: It made me smile for 45 seconds.

I just don't see Ron Howard attaching himself to a piece of crap; that's pretty much what I'm hanging my hat on at this point. What can I say, I'm super excited for tomorrow morning. :)

I think the full trailer tomorrow will give us a better idea of the movie itself, but then again I loved the Last Jedi trailer and the movie itself crushed my soul so I'm not going to put too much stock in it either.

Feel the same way, I'm actually hoping the Solo trailer sucks then at least I can convince myself the movie will be good, based on my experience with The Last Jedi. Also love the Apple store interior of the Falcon.

Going back in time to stop World War Two
83a7b98b8437ee794e17f5e628f98937.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back