Solo: A Star Wars Story

I doubt that very much in such a promotion driven industry. In fact the industry survives and only thrives on promotion. Not even a still? Cmon.

I think the lack of promotional images is a function of the reshoots and tight schedule Ron Howard has been working to lock the film up. They used a lot of promo images and video for Rogue One that never appeared in the final cut if the film which caused some confusion. Probably best to let Ron finish and make sure they are using the right stuff. And if the choice is no Solo media releases before TLJ is done then that’s going to apply to all of it except a generic teaser poster.

This is going to sound crazy.... but I think the misleading and unused footage in the R1 trailers were part of the magic. I saw the movie opening night and loved that I hadn’t seen key scenes or shots already and that even the dialogue was different. I thought it might’ve been artsy and on purpose... which in my mind would be a neat way to show the look and feel of the movie. But nothing more.

im sure you are right about the pickup shoots and piles of footage to try to salvage etc.

but, that also sounds like a mess and not a recipe for a great movie. That in my mind... a Solo film SHOULD be.

We we shall see I guess.

I have the feeling Lando will be made out to be the better pilot, more skilled, more intelligent, better with women, and will just flat out be the star of the movie.

After destroying everything about Luke, Vader and palpatine that made them such powerful unique and just flat out awesome characters for all these years... they really need to destroy Han a bit more too. Really just show what a loser he is. We need a movie about that...

Well, but (in some eyes, like Disney), Han, already has 2 things going against him. Sorry to say, but its kind of the trend, so far.

Very big fan of Billy Dee`s work as Lando and am actually looking forward to seeing how young Glover tackles it.

But why did they make him look like he parts his hair with a lightsaber?..... Jeez.

lightsaber parting.jpg

Speaking of getting a room, what mpaa rating do you think it will have?
PG-13, like the rest of the newer Star Wars

- - - Updated - - -

Very big fan of Billy Dee`s work as Lando and am actually looking forward to seeing how young Glover tackles it.

But why did they make him look like he parts his hair with a lightsaber?..... Jeez.

I'm still not sure if that "poster" is real or fake, but the hair could also be a result of a blaster shot too ;)

Never underestimate Hollywood trying to make everything as PC as possible whether it fits the story or not. Let the Kessel Run be Han's record. To me it's more racist when they change a character or story that was traditionally one character to another. It makes Lando less of a character if you have to switch a white character's accomplishments to him. Give Lando his own story. We already know Lando is an awesome pilot because of referencing the Battle of Tanaab and the Death Star battle. Flesh out more of his character. Part of me says that Han might try to pass it off as his own record, but the other part wants Lando to have his own story not always connected to Han.

I dont think they'll be taking away that record from Han. I know he never actually said it was him but it's well enough implied. Also I doubt he would take the record so personally as he does in TFA if it wasn't him.

I think it would be cool though if it was somehow Chewie that actually got the record.

The ship has the record.... doesn't matter who was piloting,

I personally WANT it to be Lando, cuz Donald Glover rules...

But yeah, the Falcon is it's own character at this point...

Side note: I LOVED Adam Driver's read of "Blow that piece of junk OUTTA THE SKY!"... he's truly the best ACTOR in the series so far.

Last edited:
What they really should have done was a Lando/Millennium Falcon film which has more creative potential with deeper roots. In that film there may be a Solo cameo at best.

I'm already looking forward much more to Donald Glover as Lando while having almost zero interest in Han.

Never underestimate Hollywood trying to make everything as PC as possible whether it fits the story or not. Let the Kessel Run be Han's record. To me it's more racist when they change a character or story that was traditionally one character to another. It makes Lando less of a character if you have to switch a white character's accomplishments to him. Give Lando his own story. We already know Lando is an awesome pilot because of referencing the Battle of Tanaab and the Death Star battle. Flesh out more of his character. Part of me says that Han might try to pass it off as his own record, but the other part wants Lando to have his own story not always connected to Han.

They very well may, Jason, but even in TFA Rey say it’s the ship that did the run. We all just assumed Han piloted it. It might be a fun flip if the script to find out Lando was the pilot. Or maybe they flew it together.

They very well may, Jason, but even in TFA Rey say it’s the ship that did the run. We all just assumed Han piloted it. It might be a fun flip if the script to find out Lando was the pilot. Or maybe they flew it together.

Or maybe a girl piloted the Falcon to a Kessel Run under 12 parsecs. I bet Emelia Clarke did it! WOO-HOOOOO!!!

archerfilmfestival-web-img_4330_-_h_2017.jpg

Last edited:
Explain to me the love for Donald Glover? I got nothing against the actor as I don't think I've seen him in any other movie or TV.

All I know at this time is younger Lando = awsomeness + Colt 45.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

While they could go that route - cuz you're right, no one ever said Han flew the Falcon on the Kessel Run, not even him - after decades of fans believing otherwise and never thinking twice about their thinking, it would be a damn shame for Disney to suddenly flip that on its head and give the accomplishment to someone else. Plus with all the seeming disinterest in this movie and the lack of advertising so far, they can't afford to take that kind of risk, especially with TLJ underperforming (in relation to TFA).

And on a personal level, I can't take any more SW disappointment this year!

While they could go that route - cuz you're right, no one ever said Han flew the Falcon on the Kessel Run, not even him - after decades of fans believing otherwise and never thinking twice about their thinking, it would be a damn shame for Disney to suddenly flip that on its head and give the accomplishment to someone else. Plus with all the seeming disinterest in this movie and the lack of advertising so far, they can't afford to take that kind of risk, especially with TLJ underperforming (in relation to TFA).

And on a personal level, I can't take any more SW disappointment this year!

Well, it’s already been filmed and edited so whatever choice they made that ship has sailed. And just to correct your performance estimates, here’s how the second film in a SW trilogy has historically performed:

ANH $307 mil
ESB $209 mil
(sequel down by 32%)

TPM $431 mil
AOTC $302 mil
(sequel down by 30%)

TFA $936 mil
TLJ $611 mil
(sequel down by 34%)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back