Solo: A Star Wars Story

China will reportedly change the name of Solo: A Star Wars Story into Ranger Solo to try and*get some people in the theater to see it.*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/movieweb.com/amp/han-solo-different-chinese-title-star-wars/

I didn't realize TLJ bombed so badly in China. I knew it bombed, but I did not know it was yanked from theaters after TWO weeks. Although, I'm certainly not surprised.

But hey, in this article it says about promotions here in the U.S.:

"The only real piece of promotional material that has been seen for Solo: A Star Wars Story is the official poster."

Have we seen this poster? Is it simply the logo and film name??

The Wook

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we seen this poster? Is it simply the logo and film name??

The Wook

Yeeeeep. It’s annoying me - I’m not someone who avoids trailers, I love them - I want to see some footage!!!

No one has been more optimistic about this film than me and I’m getting really bothered by this total lack of ANYTHING.

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It amazes me how many people are bashing this movie repeatedly. I mean, if you just KNOW it's going to tank because it's going to suck so badly, state your piece then go away. But nnooooooo...you actually ENJOY coming back here over and over again just to post negativity. That, my friend, is truly the definition of an on line hater.
Personally, I'm looking forward to this movie and I think it's going to be pretty epic. I may be wrong but I don't think so. We have a couple of solid characters and a pretty spectacular director behind the film.
I'll leave you little whiners to your hating game.
Enjoy! :lol

It amazes me how many people are bashing this movie repeatedly. I mean, if you just KNOW it's going to tank because it's going to suck so badly, state your piece then go away. But nnooooooo...you actually ENJOY coming back here over and over again just to post negativity. That, my friend, is truly the definition of an on line hater.
Personally, I'm looking forward to this movie and I think it's going to be pretty epic. I may be wrong but I don't think so. We have a couple of solid characters and a pretty spectacular director behind the film.
I'll leave you little whiners to your hating game.
Enjoy! :lol

Ya know, Funky? For a guy who's been here for 17 years, you sure do get amazed easily. ;)

The Wook

Ya know, Funky? For a guy who's been here for 17 years, you sure do get amazed easily. ;)

The Wook

That made quip made me laugh out loud !
I don’t understand the Wookiee language at all ... but I can well imagine Chewy ‘ growling ‘ what you just said .:lol! , - after all Han was known for his sarky one liners too , so it isn’t a stretch to imagine some of that rubbed of onto Chewbacca ! :lol

Ged

If you think you're going to be disappointed in a movie before it comes out, and you in fact don't enjoy it, your preconceived notions are affirmed

If you think you're going to be disappointed, then upon viewing the film you decide you enjoy it, are you disappointed again?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

For years Chewie was a happy-go-lucky wookiee, who enjoyed hanging out in the cantina. You've heard of the heroic and virtuous Luke Skywalker? And you've also heard of the cowardly and homicidal, Jake Skywalker? Well, here is Chewie hangin' with the lush in their family, Luke's older cousin, Mike Skywalker.

View attachment 790190

But then when Disney bought Lucasfilm, Chewie was rarely spotted, as he spent all his time hiding from Kathleen Kennedy.

View attachment 790191

That was because of the time KK told Chewie they were going to the Cantina but instead took him to the vet, to try and do to him, what she does to all the males (snip, snip).

Maybe if they had released it in china at the same time as the rest of the world, so many people wouldn't have seen illegal copies before the real film came out.

I havent been able to find any actual data or even a comment from Disney themselves that would help to support that theory.

I havent been able to find any actual data or even a comment from Disney themselves that would help to support that theory.

Not to go off subject, but how is Hong Kong Disney doing? Last I read, its down by 20%. Then up again. IDK...Maybe thats a reflection of how China is reacting to TLJ.

I think this subject might need to be a separate thread. Interesting enough though

Its difficult to quantify intellectual property theft in China but it's real and widespread. Disney has never said straight up what the economic impact of piracy is when they release in the US and Europe a few weeks before China but it likey has some material impact. A more coordinated release schedule for any film is likely more disarrable.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back