Solo: A Star Wars Story

No, who knows, Solo might be so much fun and not requiring any backstory it does great. Expectation for IX will be set accordingly.

If they dont know who Luke is, I`m sure that Han Solo is on every kids bedroom wall.:lol

Your our only inside voice so please tell us what expectations will be set accordingly means?

My fear is that if "Solo" does horrible in China, they might decide to scrap the "Obi-Wan" film/films. It's the only rumoured SW I'm looking forward to. Even worse, if they try and cater to China in a possible futile attempt. It just may never, ever work there.

Last edited:
My fear is that if "Solo" does horrible in China, they might decide to scrap the "Obi-Wan" film/films. It's the only rumoured SW I'm looking forward to. Even worse, if they try and cater to China in a possible futile attempt. It just may never, ever work there.

No offence to any of the Chinese people out there, but do not scrap them!! Put them on Netflix!! so i cant justify paying that subscription. :angry Keep the SW Netflix rolling.

Just dont do the crap that was done with ST Discovery.

HA!!! I figured it out.. they made a baby......

111.jpg

I know it's a big new market, but since when do all movie successes rely on China? Movies have made craploads of money without China before 2017.

Its relevant as it will soon be the worlds biggest market, has nothing to do with a film quality granted, or does it? but as such it has a place in the conversation in my opinion, maybe not.

I realize that this image is an amalgam ... but Man, if Alden looked THIS good as Solo it sure wouldn't hurt.

111 (1) a.jpg

Here's hoping whatever they come up with at least FEELS like Han

Oh yeah, I've seen that channel...the dude that looks like he's broadcasting from a ski lodge built in the 70's in Vail after taking a few generous bong hits...exercising his right under The Constitution to wear a rally cap ("It's like a switch I turn on").

I don't want to say he's more full of it than a septic tank, but his prior videos on TLJ, complete with the claims of "inside sources", were all over the place with baseless speculation, day dreaming, and inaccuracies (the "leaked 'Toddler Anakin Skywalker Halloween Costume'" is a knee slapper)

His prior videos just seemed like clickbait in my humble opinion....but I'll check this one out...

Some of these early reviews are sounding very "corporate"..."the lead is an EXCELLENT Han Solo...the actor playing Lando will KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF...it FEELS and looks like "Old Star Wars...(I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea.)"

Hmmmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want them to make a Netflix series focusing on the politics and cultural impact after ROTS. Bring Genevieve O'Reilly and Jimmy smitts back as Bail organa and have Millie Bobbie Brown play a young Leia.

I never thought I'd say this, but this is what I need out of Star Wars anymore, I think. Sure, I need a (hopefully) smile-laden "Solo" to rinse my palate after TLJ, but I wouldn't mind my Star Wars a bit more Trekkish (which is funny, as I HATED Star Trek as a child, but watch TOS religiously now). I need emotional and political layers.

NOTE: I know I'm never getting that, but I thought Rogue One was a damn fine attempt. It may have even nailed it, and I'm just too critical of the film after I was probably too awed by the teaser trailer.

Yeah, and they can call it SNORE WARS. Sounds awesome. :rolleyes

Hey, this is coming from a kid who grew up the PT being as much Star Wars as the OT, even somewhat more novel and exciting. I'm used to cultural exploration and politics in SW. The OT didn't need it, because of its setup and it's being the first series. I find the ST extremely lacking in that area, and coming off the OT and the galactic scale they're trying to operate on without giving any sort of political or cultural explanation just doesn't work with me.

I never thought I'd say this, but this is what I need out of Star Wars anymore, I think. Sure, I need a (hopefully) smile-laden "Solo" to rinse my palate after TLJ, but I wouldn't mind my Star Wars a bit more Trekkish (which is funny, as I HATED Star Trek as a child, but watch TOS religiously now). I need emotional and political layers.

NOTE: I know I'm never getting that, but I thought Rogue One was a damn fine attempt. It may have even nailed it, and I'm just too critical of the film after I was probably too awed by the teaser trailer.

I definitely think Rogue One nailed the feel, and meshed the PT and OT styles perfectly

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back