LIfe Size X-Wing

kattosha

A group of us are working on a project that would produce a life size X-wing (from the original movie) which would make a great prop for photo ops. It will be in a publicly accessible area, so it's not restricted as to who uses it.I have a model that I am using for dimensions, but that is a slow and painful process. I'm certain that someone out there has measured one of these before, does anyone know where I could find a dimensional drawing?

Hi K,

I dont have the 1:1 scale dimensions. But I do have several pics that will def help! The original designers created a steel subframe before adding the plywood skin - might be something to consider since there will be heavy traffic.

Enjoy!

Jedi_xwingA1_zpska6wea6u.jpg

XWING%20ANHthruJEDI%20Cockpit_zpsopj49mng.jpg

dagobah05_zpsgcceo7br.jpg

X-Wing20Workshop_zpsxbj9gbtw.jpg

ESB Cockpit
xwingtext2_zpsfeaaacxc.jpg

Star-Wars-Han-X-Wing_zpsvpxp4mik.jpg

X-Wing_zpsftgzvv73.jpg

Thanks, some of those pictures will definitely help. we haven't decided if we are going to have the cockpit openable yet as we may want it to remain sealed just to avoid liability issues. You always have the idiots out that that want to sue the car manufacturer because they got their fingers caught in the door. That part of the equation will probably require a talk with the locations lawyers and insurance company.But the seat shouldn't be too much of an issue our sponsor has access to some comparable racing seats and a reupholster.

If access might be an issue, you could always create just a shell of a cockpit with minimal details & greeblies - unless there would be no way to get that high? If this is sitting say... in a park, you know kids and fans alike will be climbing all over it. :)

Just a thought

Awesome pics! I never noticed that the "screen" that R2 communicates with Luke on appears to just be a sheet of paper or card stock somewhat sloppily stuck under some sort of transparent framing.

is that hunt master seat used for hunting? like being placed in tree stands? or is that a race car seat?

is that hunt master seat used for hunting? like being placed in tree stands? or is that a race car seat?

Hi H,

They were a race car seat found primarily in the UK - if I remember correctly. They are really tough to find. Huntmaster's were also used in the Millennium Falcon cockpit - pilot & co-pilot chairs. We're hoping to find 1 and then reverse engineer and create a template.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436290120.809327.jpg Ep V looks like this Parker hydraulic cylinder to open cockpit. We use them at work. About $1400 new...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Only now... Do you understand..."

Do you know who you are talking to???

First off, Sofaking is NOT the OP of this thread...

You might ought to check out his full scale Falcon cockpit thread before that kind of comment....

Yes, for this one function... That is expensive in the grand scheme of things...

More can often be done for less...

You're just now realizing that this isn't going to be cheap?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back