House of Ten - Master of Castles - Now on SYFY

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Oh... we were on Adult Swim Friday night...

Big ups to ya, man! Congratulations!

Thanks! yeah it really is a "toe in door" thing. The first series got us the second, the second got use more time to fix designs, get a few more talented people on board, and expand the world so we can break off into full episodes OFF the rooftop.

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Oh... we were on Adult Swim Friday night...

First animation on series 2 is coming in. These guys are knocking it out of the park...

A still...

shark.jpg

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Series 2 in the works...

Later today... it's coming... Series 2 debuts.

Series 2 is like a 180 from the first series. We're so friggin happy with it.

While I enjoyed and still love the first series, these next 5 episodes really grow the show in style, story, and funny.

Man can't wait til it's uploaded.

Stay tuned!

CIC.jpg

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Series 2 in the can!... should be up today!

AND WE'RE UP!

Shark week starts NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CITY IN CRISIS - "Shark Week" Continues! Episode 7 is live!

Introducing Farm Boy!

Voice acted by Conrad Vernon (Director of Seth Rogen's "Sausage Party", Shrek 2, Monsters vs. Aliens, and the voice of "The Ginger Bread Man" in the Shrek series.)

These are hilarious, man. Eric Lassard? The Commandant from Police Academy?

These are hilarious, man. Eric Lassard? The Commandant from Police Academy?

YES!

Didn't figure anyone would ever catch that!

Guess what I had playing in the background while writing these episodes.... heh.

Nice. When I was growing up, my mom didn't have cable or a tv antenna for a while, so I had several "classic" gems on repeat as the background noise behind whatever I was doing in the living room. Three Amigos, the Money Pit, Mannequin, Big Trouble in Little China, One Crazy Summer, and yep, the Police Academies.

There's a special place in my heart for all of those.

Nice. When I was growing up, my mom didn't have cable or a tv antenna for a while, so I had several "classic" gems on repeat as the background noise behind whatever I was doing in the living room. Three Amigos, the Money Pit, Mannequin, Big Trouble in Little China, One Crazy Summer, and yep, the Police Academies.

There's a special place in my heart for all of those.

So we are aiming for a full blown series of this (which would then leave the rooftops) but a lot is riding on how this is received on the Mondo channel.

It is being VERY well received. Next to no negative feedback (and there is often a LOT of hate for shorts on the Mondo channel.

The reason I say this is that a lot of this show is an outlet for me to nerd out on stuff I loved as a kid... it's always going to be filled with pop culture references... And all those movies you mentioned are ones that are pretty much SCREAMING to be referenced.

Especially Big Trouble in Little China...

Series 2 continues!

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Guppy's Origins?!?! Episode 8 is UP!

Part 4 of 5!

- - - Updated - - -

Poor Jonah Hill! Haha

The Voice of Farm Boy is friends with Jonah... so we kinda gave a little nod to him (I'm a big fan, btw... but the Sitter did suck)

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Shark Week continues! Episode 9 is UP!

Well this is a first for me...

someone made a reaction vid for our last show.

I'm not saying we're as good or noteworthy as the Force Awakens trailer... just that we both have reaction videos so you can make your own deductions.

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Shark Week continues! Episode 9 is UP!

And we end the second series with a bang....

Welp, what's up next?

I have a chat with the Producer in Toronto on Monday to discuss future projects... see if this is something we're going to package.

Of course I would still like to keep making them... but I'm torn. It's parody, which is fun, but I kind of want to springboard into my own series with original IP.

We'll see though!

Thanks for support, the three who check it out/commented! When you're a small cog in the big industry wheel, getting any sort of feedback is great.

-EL

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - SERIES 2 FInale is LIVE! alright... don't everyone click at once

0080270070.png

So with the short series done, the next step is to push it to full, 22 min eps.

I know that seems nuts, considering it's a show with guys talking on a roof top, but we have a pretty big world set up in our heads, and a plan for where to go with this property.

Just gotta hope we don't get sued by DC, heh.

I just keep thinking "Rick and Morty"... "Doc and Marty".... we'll be okay.

Anyway, I can't go into much detail, but the pitch is being put together, and we've already been given a big thumbs up for our "springboard" episodes. It may not seem like much, but every time we hand something in and get our "Gold star", we're that much closer to 22 minutes, and a LOT of fun.

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Steps to full series...?

The continuing saga of getting an animated show to air!

tenshortsandaseason.jpg

Sure this may not interest everyone, but for those in this industry, who are trying to create their own content, this may be helpful to see the process... success or failure.

Anyway it's been quiet for a while, but things are moving forward again!

As of this morning an 11 minute pitch pilot has been handed in to the production company bankrolling our series so far... If we get approval, we could be recording by next week...

And another artist in Toronto is putting together the pitch bible.

Once all this is put together, we hand it over to a Studio/Broadcaster in Toronto that has first right of refusal on the series. They have 45 days to decide to greenlight us. If they pass, we are then free to shop it around...

I personally like the company that has first dibs... so I hope they go for it. Sounds like they like the show and want to work with us, so here's hoping!

Anyway the pilot turned out great... more popculture references... more of me getting to complain about things I hate or gush over things I love through the mouths of animated characters. More comedic violence... more talking and talking and talking....

It's fun.

Re: CITY IN CRISIS - Plus future House of Ten projects

Updating this thread for anyone curious about how much of a pain it is to sell a show these days....

tenshortsandaseason.jpg

So with the popularity of Sausage Party there was a LOT of interest in City in Crisis...

Especially when it got out how many people worked on both.

Co47z3tUEAA126H.jpg

Conrad Vernon "Farm Boy" - Director of Sausage Party
Greg Tiernan "Black Leprechaun - Director of Sausage Party
Jordan Vanderzalm "Commissioner Jordan/City Shark" - PReviz supervisor, scratch track for Nick Krohl
Kevin Pavlovic "Co Creator" - Editor of Sausage party
(NeoRutty) Ellery VanDooyeweert "Co Creator" - Editor of Sausage party
Max Lunberg "Guppy" - Michael Cera's scratch voice
Scott Underwood "Extra voices" - voiced Gum, Twink, bag of chips in Sausage Party.

So it was crazy with the calls. But as it stands, no one will pull the trigger because adult animation is STILL a tough sell.

I got a call today about interest... and working on putting together a package for them... but in the mean time, moved on to more KID oriented stuff. Easier sell!

Toy Hunters - had this brewing for about 10 years now, and wasn't until "Gravity Falls" proved kids like creepy stuff that this started getting traction. Then "Stranger Things" hit and suddenly people were REALLY interested.

bikes copy.jpg

I also have a show about a boy and his best friend - the voice that narrates his life..."Just Adam"

pamplet copy.jpg

And two other shows and a feature I've already signed NDA's on that I can't hype until they're ready to let me!

So for the two people who follow this thread... MORE COMING!

Re: House of Ten - From City in Crisis to a greenlight for "Bronan - Master of Castle

For the few following this story of a Canadian creator trying to make his mark in entertainment with his Canadian friends...

City in Crisis is pretty much dead in the water for now. BUT (as we are fond of quoting here...) THERE IS ANOTHER...

So the short version of the story is that I put in for funding for new episodes of City in Crisis a few months ago, and it was turned down (too bad as they were really funny scripts).

I was pretty bummed.

But as is the way with this industry, just as you finish licking your wounds, BOOM, things turn your way again...

I was contacted a few months ago by people at Mondo Toons in the US. We did City in Crisis through a project called "Bite on Mondo" which was basically a Mondo thing where they gave money to Canadians to create content. It was awesome, but you kinda want to work directly with Mondo...

Well I guess at Mondo headquarters they liked what we were doing with City in Crisis, and so were then contacted by their development team to pitch new stuff. I sent them a few idea and they ended up choosing the one that was most like City in Crisis... another parody.

So as of yesterday I got the greenlight for "Bronan - Master of Castles" - A He-Man meets Game of Thrones parody short series.

As per usual with our stuff, it will be very nostalgic (drawing and parodying from the 80's He-Man filmation toons) with tons of pop culture references and heavy on the relationship humor (Since it's also parodying Game of Thrones - maybe some incestious relationships?)

Anyway, as usual, I will post updates and stories about the fun of starting a project from scratch... as much as my NDA's allow!

Re: House of Ten - From City in Crisis to a greenlight for "Bronan - Master of Castle

Woke up this morning to this announcement...

http://kidscreen.com/2017/10/12/blue-ant-unveils-new-animation-arm/

I had no idea this was happening, but nice to see my show "Toy Hunters" pimped in the the toon trades.

Hopefully more info coming!

It's a fun series paying homage to classic horror and thrillers... and 80's pop culture.

Powerglove.png

Toy Hunters5.jpg

Toy Hunters3.jpg

Hopefully a trailer soon!

Re: House of Ten - First still for "Master of Castles"

Production still for our next show, "Master of Castles"!

Pilot is going to be done by Mid Feb, and then we should see what kind of episode order we get...

MOC-Promo-02.png

Of course we're assuming they WILL order episodes.

He-Man meets Game of Thrones parody... it's fun as f@ck so far!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back