AMIE robot form The Red Planet

there on my comp. tower buried in storage. I think there is a picture/video of the practical amee head (which looks a lot different then what you have pictured) and the original unfold, im back to work 6 days a week, so I will try to get it a.s.a.p. but don't hold your breath. lol MORE PIC'S, MORE PIC'S!!!

That head is not the one that was made for the first build of AMEE (my involvement)
It could be one made under the art director Owen Paterson, a really nice guy. (Owen was art director on all the Matrix films)
I think they redesigned AMEE again in the post digital stage.
From memory there is a scene early in the film where they are loading a folded up AMEE into her storage hole and the face of the head is pushed into the camera lens that will give an idea of the props appearance then.

But we still have the problem of too many AMEEs as there were at least two prop designs

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually if you look up Red Planet AMEE on you tube you can see it folded up. I think the head and legs we are looking at is the one in that shot when it's sitting there. When they then get it to unfold it looks totally different digitally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to find the end scene to see AMEE destroyed. The guy I know has the box launcher and parachute used too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438257725.571937.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438257737.689459.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438257746.279779.jpg

I mean I don't think we can use the parts to make an upright AMEE just a folded version

Maybe you're right Raven; looks like, in those screen caps, that the piece you have might be from a folded prop:unsure.

You can spot some of the parts in the pictures for sure. Definitely folded AMEE - hard to get a good screen cap to see how it goes together

I think they deliberately tried to limit the screen time of prop AMEE with editing after the shoot, because it was decided in post to change her again.
I am away on a Job at the moment, but when I get home I will photo shop the images of Raven’s parts and try to reassemble AMEE as I remember the prop in her standing upright pose
Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
I am finding this VERY interesting.... it looks like there might have been 2 "practical" versions and the digital version. in the explosion scene you can clearly see amee "layed out" as the probe slams into her. and I think this is the version GARYARM is reffering to. her head has 2 mandables and the sides look like princess lea's cinabon hair do. but to see these pic's raven has provided is making me a firm believer there was a second practical version.... Im friggin at a loss for words as a huge red planet fan......this is getting exciting for me....... itleast :eek looking forward to garyarms pic's and more from raven's contact!!!!

I think we have a lot of the parts for the initial Amee we see but it also came with the parachute and yellow device so I think they are one and the same but maybe some details got changed slightly towards the end of the film

Doesn't look the same does it??

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438594651.945460.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438594651.945460.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 129
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438594698.667865.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438594698.667865.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 109
Yes it does, it's just that some details (top and front of the eye) are missing from the piece you have.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back