AMIE robot form The Red Planet

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437990370.084509.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437990396.430700.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome.

I always liked the robot from that movie. Very cool. As someone else touched on earlier, the way it moved like an animal was really neat.

Pics are very satisfying, good stuff. Bits from the extra vehicular suit may be few but great to see. I can easily still see Carrie Anne wearing that.

Still watching...

Alright folks, I looked at this thread for a few days now and I've waited to see where it was going (with the AMIE build thread/research along the years, I wasn't holding my breath).
But when somebody promised to have pics of the real one, then my interest peaked;).
Amazing pics and thank you for having shared those with us! Looking forward to any development pertaining to that prop. (Liked the film btw).

Well guys, AMEE has finally come out to play :D
This is amazingto see, but it is also a surprise as there is very few parts that I can recognizefrom the build I was involved in.
There must have been a major rebuild after Ileft the show, the head is totally different style and the torso was made astwo sided, vac formed parts not a fiberglassunit. The legs are reusing one shape that was only made for the upper leg alone. I am going to have to study the photos more closely to see if I can recognizeany more of the parts.
This prop is closer to the digital AMEE than what Iremember of the first build. But it is a great asset to creating a full size AMEE atlast.
Raven this is quite an achievement to track down the original prop, Bravo

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the gas bottle that can be clearly seen in one of the chariots in Gladiator.

I get the production pressures, time constraints etc. I really do, what really annoys me is the thought that maybe they think the audience is too dumb to notice, or some such thought. I hope I'm wrong.

Let me add a little fuel. We were watching Robinson Crusoe on Mars (ok, crappy one I know but it's from my younger days) and when our leading man enters a cave he's never been in, as they pan right, there's a fire extinguisher that they probably thought was out of view. Hey, at least they're safe on the set? ;-)

some of the parts were used in the "debris" cannon for the ending explosion. so im assuming after they filmed that, they just threw everything into boxes, very VERY curious to see if he has all the parts!! and im really REALLY hoping RAVEN can lockdown this purchase!!! he would own an EPIC red planet collection!! :love

Hi guys
Well I have been looking at the prop parts again andthere are a lot of parts missing. It is a mixture of unused and finished parts,some have been painted where as others are in primer or the original resin.There are parts that look to be from a different versions of the droid and othersthat look to me, that they don’t belong on AMEE at all.
I have borrowed somepictures from an earlier thread by RPF member Shiffs who has done a fantasticjob of research on the digital AMEE, just using frame grabs. It is to compare the prop to digital AMEE Sothe question comes up again
Will The Real AMEE Please Stand Up
Personally, Ithink to do a definitive plane of AMEE, will have to be some were between the prop parts and Shiffs 3D model.
Still from the film.jpg
3D model by RPF member Shiffs.jpgAmeeScalingPreview by Shiffs.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437990396_430700.jpg

Still from the film.jpg

3D model by RPF member Shiffs.jpg

AmeeScalingPreview by Shiffs.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437990396_430700.jpg

Hey guys so pleased to have founds these - it looks the rear legs are there and indeed some parts that don't fit. He has more parts and is looking for them in his attic

Yep I think we need other box of stuff and discount this other stuff. Although it is from the film

I would have to agree we need to see all the parts he has, and a whole lotta different camera angles. that head could be a first gen. sculpt? then changes galore.... GaryArm, I wouldn't do a blend of the digital amee and the practical, the body parts pictured are more rounded on the practical, way WAY different on the digital. wouldn't look good at all i.m.h.o... plus this whole thread was about building the "practical" and getting her back to its original self......;)

Do you have any pics at of the folded AMEE ? Then we can all see if that can help us

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back