My try at building the 1/6 Scale Falcon Cockpit

Iz,

Here is a close up of the throttle greeblie. As always, kudos to Starkiller for the 3D design

20130517_053624_zps3dfd79ac.jpg

This is cool.

I was hoping someone would do this for the 1/12" scale like the 6" Black Series (Han and Chewbacca are great) and Bandai models also make an awesome 3-CPO at 1/12" as well.
I also played around with scaling the MF and came up with about 10 feet long. Is that right?

I was hoping someone would do this for the 1/12" scale like the 6" Black Series (Han and Chewbacca are great) and Bandai models also make an awesome 3-CPO at 1/12" as well.
I also played around with scaling the MF and came up with about 10 feet long. Is that right?

Considering the full-size 1/6 scale ship is 18 feet long, I'd say 1/12 at 9'-10' is indeed just about right.

Considering the full-size 1/6 scale ship is 18 feet long, I'd say 1/12 at 9'-10' is indeed just about right.

Cool. Once I worked out the length, I decided anything larger than a single sheet 8 x 4 sheet of MDF was not going to happen any time soon due to it being un-practical.
I am still interested in doing just the cock pit and have a section of 10" pipe that may serve the purpose.

Man great stuff there ! Has anyone ever sized the saucer on a 1/6 scale falcon. I've got a 12 foot satellite dish. LOL just kidding, I do have the dish but working on the five footer, and its plenty big enough.
I was thinking that too, use the satellite dish as a master for heating styrene sheet into :)

OMG! Those little rocker switches! I already feel sorry your fingers with all the filling and sanding that's about to happen. Dont forget the little black dot :)

Question: Are you using foamcore for the main build? If so, will you be covering with sheet styrene?

Looking great so far!

OMG! Those little rocker switches! I already feel sorry your fingers with all the filling and sanding that's about to happen. Dont forget the little black dot :)

Question: Are you using foamcore for the main build? If so, will you be covering with sheet styrene?

Looking great so far!

I think I'm going to stick with foam core. and Like I did with the X-wing I will cover it in Styrene. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back