My try at building the 1/6 Scale Falcon Cockpit

Looks good. I'd love to have even just the seats to download the print file and print them :) I have heard of acetone working but I think with PLA it has to be an acetone bath, which I have heard of numerous techniques but the simplest one involves putting newspaper in the bottom of a vase, pour some acetone/nail polish remover on it so it soaks into the paper, then flip it overtop of your print so the vapours sink down onto the print. Never tried it though. I've printed a few things, but haven't had to do much sanding yet.

Looks good. I'd love to have even just the seats to download the print file and print them :) I have heard of acetone working but I think with PLA it has to be an acetone bath, which I have heard of numerous techniques but the simplest one involves putting newspaper in the bottom of a vase, pour some acetone/nail polish remover on it so it soaks into the paper, then flip it overtop of your print so the vapours sink down onto the print. Never tried it though. I've printed a few things, but haven't had to do much sanding yet.

I tried the acetone bath as well with no success. :( You can download the files at https://grabcad.com/library/millennium-falcon-captain-s-chair. You''l just need to down scale the files to suite your needs. Hope that helps.

Man great stuff there ! Has anyone ever sized the saucer on a 1/6 scale falcon. I've got a 12 foot satellite dish. LOL just kidding, I do have the dish but working on the five footer, and its plenty big enough.

Sorry I don't have any coke cans...

Beer cans? ;)

Iz... Looking good!

FYI: There is small flat spot at the VERY top of the console nose just above the upper instrument panel. A light sanding on a flat surface should get the desired look. :)

Last edited:
Well I went back to try to print off the Nav seat. My friend fixed the file and I used Simplify3D to slice it and print it in 3 different part. It looks pretty good. I have to sand, glue, and paint it but I think it will nice when it is done. :D

IMG_20150715_224645 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150715_224717 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150715_224802 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20150715_224809 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

Sorry for the bad pics. I took them late last night. I try and take some better ones this weekend.

The Nav chair is not bad at all...a little more TLC on the smoothing and they would be A+;)...I know that it's a learning experience and we appreciate the effort you're putting into it!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back