Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Clown

Just a FYI, I started "stocking up on some supplies", to restore my new clown and I ordered a new Rubies "Dots the Clown" costume, which is what I got before, and they had two ruffled collars like the movie, well now they only have one collar!?, the online photos and the packaging still show two!?, shame they have to screw with everything to cut costs and fatten their bottom line, if they're going to alter something at least update pics and let people know.

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to paint the head of my clown and I'm torn between making him "Nice" or "Evil", lets take a vote, let me know what you guys think;

ishot-693.jpg PeeWee13.jpg

Are you repainting the clown you posted photos of above? Or is this some other project? I think my vote would go for 'evil' face .. probably more fun to paint and more recognizable to other people.

Hi DB,
Yes, I'm re-painting the clown pictured, I'm leaning toward evil, definitely more recognizable as a Big Adventure clown, as far as more fun goes, I painted both and they are both difficult, But I think the evil one is a little more so, because of the smaller details around the eyes.

Well DB, since you were the the only one to cast a vote, the majority rules!, it's Evil by a landslide!, I got it penciled on and also got the costume back from the tailors and built him a new box and mounted the hands, I guess it's face painting time next:

IMG_1322.JPG 040.JPG 042.JPG 044.JPG

Last edited:
I finally got around to working on a 3D model of the clown shoes. It's not perfect by any means, but I think that I now have a better idea how to approach it. I began modeling it after one of the shoes that I have, but Duckbutt's shoes are much more detailed. I have to believe that the molds were made of something that degraded over time or someone made a copy of one of the original shoes and the resulting mold was made out of a poor material.

3d_shoe.jpg

Yaaay !,
I'm sure you'll knock 'em outta the park, they will be better and stronger than the originals and be a 100% better than Halloween kids costume shoes that I was forced to settle for, talk about No detail, Thanks for posting.

I'm getting ready to paint the head of my clown and I'm torn between making him "Nice" or "Evil", lets take a vote, let me know what you guys think;
Is that really a choice? They're both terrifying. Why not make a removable/replaceable face? It would be good to make it extra horrifying, but also allow you to switch them out between "Nice" or "Evil" with some magnets. I'd definitely put a skull under the clown face.

Is that really a choice? They're both terrifying. Why not make a removable/replaceable face? It would be good to make it extra horrifying, but also allow you to switch them out between "Nice" or "Evil" with some magnets. I'd definitely put a skull under the clown face.

I have been giving this some thought. Since I can now 3D print clown heads, I was going to "cut out" the face portion of the clown and make it where it can be swapped out.

I managed to print a clown head for the first time. I printed it as two halves, just like the original vacuum formed ones. I attempted it twice before, but as a solid piece. The file size was too large and the printer did not load it properly. What I like about this approach it required no printing supports and they are only 1/16" thick. They also only take 1.5 days each to print. The solid head would not mesh properly at any thickness below 1/4". There are some print blemishes on the chin, nose, and crown of the head due to thinning, but overall, I think it worked out well.
20200807_103928.jpg
20200807_103935.jpg
20200807_103951.jpg
20200807_104013.jpg
20200807_104035.jpg
20200807_104048.jpg
20200807_104107.jpg
20200807_104136.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back