Judge fear

got side tracked from the helmet while waiting to get all the filler so I completed the teleport device, there is only one semi clear pic of this so I used some artistic licence lol.

IMG_0910[1].JPG IMG_0861[1].JPG IMG_0899[1].JPG IMG_0900[1].JPG IMG_0901[1].JPG

I made it green based as the dark judges armour and gadgets often match the street judges, I also made it look dirty and aged to match the rest of the suit

finished two more elements, first being the knee pads gave them a beat up dirty look.

20.JPG 21.JPG 22.JPG

also finished the dimension jump globe, from the comic i have no idea if its clear with black highlights or black with white highlights ? i went for black looked better.

23a.PNG 24.JPG 25.JPG 26.JPG

i have sort of started on the helmet, im taking my time as its the cherry on the cake regarding this suit build so i don't wanna rush it.

28.JPG 29.JPG

Last edited:
irony is that at the moment i have the time but not the money so i do little low cost bits so that when i have the money and not the time most of it should be done i hope :wacko weird logic i know lol

IMG_0995.JPG

I removed the neck section and the back of the head then primed it and gave it a base coat.

Last edited:
feet_werewolf_brown.png

IMG_1007.JPG

these were the feet I bought, i de-constructed them and kept the uppers then I will re-attach them to surf/divers neoprene boots.

Last edited:
cool, I am going to be using these ones as there only fronted so I wont get sweaty hands lol I am going to use a Warhammer 40,000 ork paint job on the face mask, hands, feet and shrunken head.

h3.jpg

will be cool to have the four dark judges at a con one day.

gothic, WOW this build is looking great!

I haven't been on here in so long I feel obligated to mention what I'm doing in the Dredd forum. haha. I was working on a Dredd 2012 female judge suit (my first build) in 2013, but scrapped/sold it all off early 2014. Turns out I'm a bit crazy about screen accuracy and that equals a lot of money when it comes to the Dredd 2012 getup! I've learned so much more since then and recently had the idea to do a comic Judge. Since there are so many variations in the illustrations over the years it gives a lot more freedom on the build.

Glad I came to check things out here, can't wait to see what you post next. How long have you been working with EVA foam? - Those shoulders, knee pads, etc look so good, from foam detailing to paint. Are you planning on having this done for a certain event like Halloween or a con?

Thanks HeyLetsRock, its my first time using EVA foam I watched a lot of YouTube tutorials then bought a pack of floor mats and practiced on a few before making those ones. The suit is for a con what one will depend on when I finish it. Its my first build and a first in costume as I am normally the guy asking for pics with other cosplayers.
look forward to your build there are some good PSI andersons classic comic version builds around to get ideas and tutorials from

with luck

IMG_1017.JPG + IMG_1021.JPG + IMG_0994.JPG = 14.jpg

I bought twenty four one inch half circle eyes from eBay then made around a hundred latex skin and eye patches. The mask is a cheap Halloween one and xtrickortreats finished mask is my benchmark.

Last edited:
did anyone order an eyepuccino, making the skin patches was a newbie mistake I thought it would save time so I went back to cotton wool balls and latex

IMG_1029.JPG

I then added more layers and gave it a sinew look then base coated it dark green gave it a green ink wash then dry brushed with a lighter green

"gaze into the face of fear"

IMG_1042.JPG

Last edited:
friend pointed out that judge fear wears a slave collar that the pauldrons chains connect to :angry so another element was found, its a plastic slave collar painted brown and..............you guessed it more rust added (will the rust ever end) oh and never type slave collar into an internet search like I did ............its just wrong :facepalm
IMG_1059.JPG

next is hands and feet colour matched to the mask, the helmet is still on hold but I did make a work base for it (almost progress :lol)

IMG_1066.JPG

Last edited:
been working on the name badge, its the first time I have used worbla there is no mention on the YouTube videos about chasing the smaller pieces when you turn on the heat gun :wacko but its all good.
5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

working on the helmet bade now will give it a similar paint scheme

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back