1, shoulder bird

IMG_1351.JPG IMG_1354.JPG

looks a little weird as it is but I based it on my mortis one

62.JPG

2, name badge (not finished)

IMG_1357.JPG needs worbla coating and paint then should finish like this 50.JPG

3, belt buckle

IMG_1359.JPG as above needs finishing to look like 55.JPG

I built a lot of elements for judge mortis and a few for judge fire from every piece of scrap foam and plastic I had left and used all my worbla scraps

weird question = along side judge fear I started a judge mortis build for a family member so it could be a team up thing but they now have lost interest, in fairness they did buy a lot of the materials needed. for financial reasons judge fear is in a rut but with a much smaller outlay I could finish judge mortis as it only needs a large sheet of worbla, this would be painted and finished minus hands feet and a body suit though. there is also a judge fire badge, belt buckle and shoulder bird I did to inspire a third party but that never took shape. so my question is do I finish judge mortis and sell what I have made and also sell the three judge fire parts. I know I bit off a lot more than I could chew with three separate ventures but there a genuine interest in mortis and a partial in fire (lesson learnt) has anyone ever sold a costume project that was not a 3d build or a prop.

I've never thought of selling, but my guess is (well, from my sparse experience) we would never recoup the costs. I 'dredd' to think of how much I've spent on my Judge Death costume so far...there's been some trial and a lot of error. Personally, I would love to see your Fear completed, and I would keep the others and go back to them (if you can store them)

I am desperately trying to finish my Death this week...I got told last month that I had to move out of my flat, and want it done and in storage for Comic Con in October, so I'm feverishly (and roughly) getting it done to a reasonable state. Hopefully I can show it to get everyone's feedback,

But my general feeling is hold onto the stuff...you never know when you will meet like minded dark judges needing to inhabit new bodies... :)

thanks thewinedfox, judge mortis and fire were never for me I really liked making them but judge fear is what I wanted ill finish mortis and put it on ebay ill also stick the fire bits on too. yeah im sure those reincarnating dark judges don't shop at primark for there suits :lol if you get stuck or if I can help in any way let me know ill do my best

:thumbsup
I didn't realise the LFCC is this weekend...and John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra will give a talk! Now I really want to get it done by then to try it out, especially as Olympia is only a quick taxi ride across the river.

My biggest worry is the shoes...I added some wooden blocks to ladies wedges to give me some height and thought it would be enough to balance me, but they still seem unsteady.

There is nothing more embarrassing as an evil fiend from another dimension falling over while administering justice, I think you'll agree.

normally its the ankle area that needs the support more to aid balance, taller boots would be a better option your get the height and support. yeah I had grit in one of my 24 eyes time I worked out what one the perp had gone :lol post pics if you get to go

got my surf boots today so now I can attach the feet to them. going to hot glue and stitch them (I say going to with some confidence

qwerty.jpg

I decided to make the mortis suit elements ill eBay them when all completed. didn't want to start a new thread just show the extent of my madness lol

ill list them one at a time doing them all at once makes it crash :facepalm

SPINE

1.JPG 2.JPG 4.JPG 6.JPG

Last edited:
couple of bits I forgot to add, exposed right rib section

20.JPG 21.JPG

and tail

9.JPG its only six sections now, not because I stepped on it I had............technical issues (cough)

Wow how have I missed this, it all looks amazing but the helmet and the cow skull are just unbelievable.
Just outstanding :)

thank you spacebob, helmet come out great but separate opening visors are a pain :angry cow skull awaiting a paint job then its done. yeah im a lost in the dredd section rearly visited lol

- - - Updated - - -

That tail looks perfect. :)

thanks thewingedfox, normal animal tails are complicated but this is a copy of a horse tail much easier

Have finished what i have been calling "judge death starter kit"

x1.JPG x2.JPG x3.JPG x4.JPG x5.JPG

i based the look and colour scheme on this figure

x0.jpg

and nearly finished the "judge mortis starter kit" these should help finance finishing my "judge fear"

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back