Delete

sp1derman

Sr Member
I'm buying a lawgiver kit soon and he warns you on purchase that if you paint it black it's for display only.
I thought that as the lawgiver is unrealistic we can carry them in black?
So my question to all the UK judges are you carrying bright orange guns or is the seller just being over cautious?
Thanks

Last edited:
Re: A quick question for all the UK judges

I carry a Black Lawgiver & as long as it is carried in context {at a recognised event} then there shouldn't be a problem. Transport it to an event covered.
Now the Law. To sell someone a realistic imitation firearm {ie Black} you should ideally have some defence under the Law {UKARA is the well known defence but not the only one} .If you have no defence but are over the age of 18 years then the seller can legally sell you a brightly coloured or two toned IF {Imitation firearm}.
However the Law is very vague, the seller could sell you a RIF because they personally know you attend comic cons dressed as a Judge & a RIF is part of your costume. The seller has satisfied themselves that you have it for a legitimate purpose. They would be as guilty of selling you a RIF if it was for display or to be worn as a sidearm as part of your costume if you had no defence at all. But the truth is the Police wouldn't do anything if it was sold to a responsible adult.
In short UK Judges carry & wear Black Lawgivers but we carry them responsibly.

I carry a Black Lawgiver & as long as it is carried in context {at a recognised event} then there shouldn't be a problem. Transport it to an event covered.
Now the Law. To sell someone a realistic imitation firearm {ie Black} you should ideally have some defence under the Law {UKARA is the well known defence but not the only one} .If you have no defence but are over the age of 18 years then the seller can legally sell you a brightly coloured or two toned IF {Imitation firearm}.
However the Law is very vague, the seller could sell you a RIF because they personally know you attend comic cons dressed as a Judge & a RIF is part of your costume. The seller has satisfied themselves that you have it for a legitimate purpose. They would be as guilty of selling you a RIF if it was for display or to be worn as a sidearm as part of your costume if you had no defence at all. But the truth is the Police wouldn't do anything if it was sold to a responsible adult.
In short UK Judges carry & wear Black Lawgivers but we carry them responsibly.
Cheers that clears alot up. I'm planning to wear my judge suit on a pub crawl for Halloween the gun I'm getting Comes with 2 silencer attachments my plan was to leave 1 orange and attatch it when out in the pubs do you think the police would confiscate Lawgivers don't actually look like a realistic firearm :-/ stupid British laws lol

Speaking from a 'Captain Sensible' standpoint.... I would be careful, you may start with good intentions, but after a few pubs and beers it may seem like a good idea to wave it around and arrest some 'perps' while running down your local high street.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there. Wouldn't want to see a member of the forum in trouble with the police.

Judge Responsibly!

Personally, if it involved a Pub crawl i'd recommend no weaponry at all. Regardless of the colour you can be charged with Firearms offences if someone believes that you have a weapon. Bright Orange or not the Police have protocols for dealing with a suspected firearm & it involves an Armed Response Unit. You can be charged for making a gun sign with your fingers so taking out an Imitation Firearm means things go downhill from there. Alcohol & Guns don't mix. Especially in our Anti Gun society. & it may be that someone else gets hold of the Gun & isn't as well behaved as you. Before long the areas in lockdown & you are looking at some angry Police Officers? I'm just being cautious.

Speaking from a 'Captain Sensible' standpoint.... I would be careful, you may start with good intentions, but after a few pubs and beers it may seem like a good idea to wave it around and arrest some 'perps' while running down your local high street.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there. Wouldn't want to see a member of the forum in trouble with the police.

Judge Responsibly!

Personally, if it involved a Pub crawl i'd recommend no weaponry at all. Regardless of the colour you can be charged with Firearms offences if someone believes that you have a weapon. Bright Orange or not the Police have protocols for dealing with a suspected firearm & it involves an Armed Response Unit. You can be charged for making a gun sign with your fingers so taking out an Imitation Firearm means things go downhill from there. Alcohol & Guns don't mix. Especially in our Anti Gun society. & it may be that someone else gets hold of the Gun & isn't as well behaved as you. Before long the areas in lockdown & you are looking at some angry Police Officers? I'm just being cautious.

I've actually found out there is a special con at the end of my road over Halloween so I think rather then judging on a pub crawl I'll go that and if I want to go down the pub after I'll put the gun away. Would there be a problem with a neck gun with no alterations? Just won't Feel right posing as dredd without a lawgiver. I saw lots of people in my local club over Halloween with blue bb guns ect my town seems quite law but don't want to risk it.

The alternative is my cousin normally has Halloween party every year no problem in house with it and the wear it to LFCC next year

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back