Jurassic World ACU Asset Containment Unit Uniform

All together my kit cost about $600 more or less. I managed to get some discounts but in the end I felt it was all worth it. I'm still in the market for alternative gear such as the screen accurate charcoal 5.11 pants and perhaps a Kryptk Typhoon pants as well. Not to mention the airsoft gun that I'm waiting on till the bluray comes out.

Special thanks to the ACU/Ingen guys for the fanfilm, the research, and the fun times down at Comic-Con!

IMG_20150711_183906.jpg

We have been fairing pretty good on the left is a screen used hat and on the right is our mandrake dyed (Rit dye Evening blue---> Navy Blue ---> Royal Blue) mind you the screen used one has faded out over the year and the camera phone is not to good.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e...9558092_4370600764003616770_o_zpstl4eq0ih.jpg
Question when you dyed the mandrake, did you mix the dyes together than dye it or did you dye it one color than dye it the next color?

Question when you dyed the mandrake, did you mix the dyes together than dye it or did you dye it one color than dye it the next color?

I believe my friend dyed it evening blue first, when that was not dark enough he added a mix of Navy and Royal (75% Royal 25% Navy).

Just out of curiosity, any of you ACU guys sporting the 'tracker' smartwatch?

-MJ

Oddly enough I just managed to get a screen to cleanly come off a dummy watch. Only destroyed a few trying. A buddy told me a screen used one was sold on a Movie Prop group on Facebook. Did anyone see a picture of it. He said it had it looked like a dummy with the tracking radar sticker under the screen.

Mmmm, yeah. I was given pics of two alleged stunt watches, which have a simplified graphic on a black background. The tracker graphic on them doesn't look too much like the one(s) on screen... I'm working on a replica of the tracker graphic.

Attachments

• TwoTrackers2.jpg
    TwoTrackers2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 184
Mmmm, yeah. I was given pics of two alleged stunt watches, which have a simplified graphic on a black background. The tracker graphic on them doesn't look too much like the one(s) on screen... I'm working on a replica of the tracker graphic.

Could we see the pic of the stunt watches?

I'm a little gun shy about sharing that pic.

I can tell you they appear to have gray straps, and a sort of tinted, domed-epoxy looking crystals or screens, with brushed metal bezels, pretty similar to the watch on the left on my pic. I'm guessing the director wanted the GUI equivalent of 'more teeth', so the watch interface was made busier, the stream was added to the map, and the screen size was made larger. Just a guess though. And I was almost done with my replica of the version on the left :(

I'm also wondering if they did multiple takes of the blood drops, because their position doesn't match... Both of these images came from trailers, but one may have been newer than the other.

-MJ

I'm a little gun shy about sharing that pic.

I can tell you they appear to have gray straps, and a sort of tinted, domed-epoxy looking crystals or screens, with brushed metal bezels, pretty similar to the watch on the left on my pic. I'm guessing the director wanted the GUI equivalent of 'more teeth', so the watch interface was made busier, the stream was added to the map, and the screen size was made larger. Just a guess though. And I was almost done with my replica of the version on the left :(

I'm also wondering if they did multiple takes of the blood drops, because their position doesn't match... Both of these images came from trailers, but one may have been newer than the other.

-MJ

That's ashame. Does anyone else here have pics of the watches?

All together my kit cost about $600 more or less. I managed to get some discounts but in the end I felt it was all worth it. I'm still in the market for alternative gear such as the screen accurate charcoal 5.11 pants and perhaps a Kryptk Typhoon pants as well. Not to mention the airsoft gun that I'm waiting on till the bluray comes out.

Special thanks to the ACU/Ingen guys for the fanfilm, the research, and the fun times down at Comic-Con!

View attachment 502749

Your loadout looks really good! I figures around $500 for the entire thing, depending if I purchased the belt or not.

I really wish the Masada airsoft I purchased last year was black now!

EDIT -
I picked up one of the dummy watches on Ebay. They're hard to beat for that price!
11692585_847423598627912_5950224000702586187_n_zpsnmjmmmmz.jpg

yes nothing fancy just a $10 dummy version off ebay maybe will take the screen off later and add a graphic.

If you do take the screen off make sure you heat the face up nice and evenly. Its got some strong adhesive behind it and will crack if you so much as sweat while trying to pry it up unheated. Plus there is a bezel sticker behind that screen that scratches even easier. Took me 3 watches.

I'm thinking of picking up a hat, what would you guys recommend? Typhon, or just dyed Mandrake?
Typhon is fine as is in my opinion, the dyed mandrake was done for the film. But if you want to try out dying the mandrake go for it might take a few go's to get to the right color. I plan on giving it a shot at dying the mandrake when I can afford it.

Typhon is fine as is in my opinion, the dyed mandrake was done for the film. But if you want to try out dying the mandrake go for it might take a few go's to get to the right color. I plan on giving it a shot at dying the mandrake when I can afford it.

I wonder why they chose to dye the uniforms. The company makes two blue camo patterns (Neptune and Pontus).

So essentially you're saying they created a modified replica of an existing product for the sake of lighting.

That about sums it up. I wouldn't dismiss lighting either, it's a big part of filmmaking, how a scene is lit can often affect the mood and appearance of the scene. If you look at the scene where the ACU team is tracking the I-Rex, the one where they get wiped out by ol' Indy, you can see why they wanted something that was on the lighter side, as it was lit and shot, if they went with something too dark you aren't going to see much more than the actors hands & faces. On the other hand, if the shot the scene brighter it likely would have lost a lot of its tension because running around in dark jungle where you can't see that far in front or around you is much creepier than running around in a brightly lit jungle where you can see all around you for long distances.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back