1/18 Firefox

I posted this here because i wasnt sure if the filming mini was exactly this size. I think it was a little bigger. So 1/18 works out to be 42 inches long. Hopefully we can get this into Kit form soon. Special Thanks to a few good friends who are helping out with the Printing and files. No names at this point not sure if they want any credit yet. But the STl is being worked on. and should have some parts soon. Good to see this getting done. Finally, ive wanted one since way back when i did my X jet.

Heres a few pics of the file. Color indicates parts breakdown. This is just a quick render. not all parts may be printed. Might get a few photo etched. still working on the details.

Al

That is my all time favourite movie aircraft! Will it be downloadable, or will you be selling sections through a 3d printshop , like shapeways?

That is my all time favourite movie aircraft! Will it be downloadable, or will you be selling sections through a 3d printshop , like shapeways?

Still Discussing whats going to happen. It will probably be kitted. But i know i want a Fiberglass Version. might make available a resin cast version. I will let you know as it gets closer to molding.

Al

You know Al

I thought we were mates

I'm doing my thing, you helped me, you inspire me

AND then

Firefox

BANG

My favourite

42"

how am i supposed to finish my stuff with you flaunting your perfect stuff, an giggling it in my face
i've always wanted this plane big and in my life

!/.12 baby

Gag

Just beautiful my friend

PS

MY FRIGGIN BOOK

Very very much interested!

My dream is to make a diorama of the following scene.. where Clint is about to board the Mig 31....and the 2nd prototype is in the background...YES!! Very much LIKE!!!

Mig31Firefox1982.jpgPrevueloClint1-450x206.jpg

Opps...it is 1/18 scale very BIG I guess for a diorama...but it is cool to think of the possibilities....

No genius here, just like to make things. Not sure about a smaller one yet. Once this one gets done. If theres enough interest maybe will do a smaller version. The file can be scaled to any size. Possibly after the four foot X wing and sand skiff im working on.

Might someone outline the basic process that arrives at fiberglass 'kit' parts? My conceptual block is what to (efficiently) make the master from and then translate it into fiberglass tooling. I don't have access to CNC or CAD resources myself, other than 2D AutoCAD, so I am forced to carve it essentially by hand (old school) Would like to use cheap building foam sheet but haven't yet found a decent bonding agent for gluing up the profile blocks...

Regards, Robert

If you look at my profile. Under threads. Look for X jet. Theres a pretty good breakdown of pattern to finshed fiberglass part.

To glue the foam together i use 5 minute epoxy. The trick is to use the glue as far in as possible. You dont want to be carving the foam and hit glue. Doesnt always work that way. But i try. Its a pain to sand the glue. If i hit a spot i usually chip it out and fill with bondo

Thanks for the tip, IED-BH. Great job on the X-Men jet, eh. Looks like you were using some grade of modeling foam, probably works better than construction panel...

Regards, Robert

Thanks for the tip, IED-BH. Great job on the X-Men jet, eh. Looks like you were using some grade of modeling foam, probably works better than construction panel...

Regards, Robert

Robert, Doesnt matter what you use as long as your building. As for the Fire fox. Parts will be hitting the printer Very soon. of course i will post pics and construction as i go.

Al

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back