1/18 Firefox

Alright. got some pics of the first parts to be printed. should be finished printing by next week. then i will clean up all the parts and test fit. then primer adjust anything that needs it. theres always clean up no matter how good the print is. once all thats done we will decide on how we want to mold it .

The panel lines are cut deep to help when we add the primer so they dont get lost.

Thanks for looking.

Al

Sorry, I knew that.. well, I was thinking something smaller looking one of the images of the printed parts in your hand. Fooled myself!
Regards, Robert

Blimey, this looks good - great work! Suddenly an embarrassment of Firefox riches but there can't be too many after all these years. :thumbsup

Blimey, this looks good - great work! Suddenly an embarrassment of Firefox riches but there can't be too many after all these years. :thumbsup

YES, to long has the world waited for this... we are making it happen this summer. parts should be dont this week. then i will get to prepping them for molding.

LOL.

At this scale you should seriously give some thought to doing lightweight epoxy-glass castings. Dual market - I think you'd find the model can be adapted to EDF RC. :D

At this scale you should seriously give some thought to doing lightweight epoxy-glass castings. Dual market - I think you'd find the model can be adapted to EDF RC. :D

Thats all i ever do. Not a fan of solid resin parts. I only use resin for detail parts. Check out my X jet. All epoxy fiberglass. Only way to make it.

Yeah, figures. They really shouldn't cost that much; there's some patent-trolling going on in that sector, or so I'm told. But at least it is driving a lot of innovation; home units which can do parts this nice - at speed and a sane price - are on the horizon. Congrats on the 3D model btw, that's some accurate-looking work.

Yeah, I realise you would have specified if the CG was your own work. Pass on my congrats? I know an accurate 'fox when I see one, and there haven't been many. :p

Oh hell, now I have that big butts song stuck in my head. :lol That is one sexy (and huge) rear end. :lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back