Heath Ledger Full head

toxicvenom

After my first attempt at the Joker
Wanted to have a go at the full head to make a full display, Modding a life cast as its only my second attempt.

sculpted the missing rear of the head and shoulders, then using monster clay to sculpt the face into the Joker........

joker2.jpg joker3.jpg joker4.jpg joker1.jpg

Refined the scar on the last picture , less is more as they say......
Got a lovely blister on my finger from pressing the clay to stick to the resin cast LoL..

More work before I cast it but happy so far.......

Heath Ledger Full Head Update

Here is the Head So far, still some Paint Finessing to do but Happy.
only my first full head sculpt and mold so happy it went well......
Took a lot of time and materials but wanted to do it as best I could....
Jokerpull3.jpg First resin pull....Jokerpull1.jpgJokerred2.jpg Paint so far...
Jokerred3.1.jpg 20150614_104748.jpg Now for the hair.... Anyone give me advice on
doing the hairline right on a resin bust ...tiny drill and glue maybe..??

Last edited:
Thanks... the paint job was quite a quick one , it tends to look better slapping it on than being fussy
then the next time I look at it I tend to fiddle some more....got to learn to leave it but I am to much of a fuss pott..LOL
I am used to using an airbrush on cars and tend to take too long on getting that perfect.....

Just a quick mock up... all the hair to style only quickly done adding more browns and greens to it..
through it on a mannequin torso just to see what ive got....
20150630_123101-1.jpg 20150630_122936-2.jpg Lots to do ,distressing the costume will be with the grey jacket and coat..
Just wanted to see him sort of done......

Hair work mostly done bit more trimming and some green highlights.
hair2.jpg hair1.jpg hair3.jpg

Got a headless mannequin .. now to put it all together with the full costume and
hopefully getting a drain cover to stand him on....

Heres the costume..... Got to finish the shoes. add some more detail to the coat ,stitching around the lapels add more accurate buttons and attack it with boot polish.
the shirt was washed in a dilute black acrylic wash to give it a more screen look, may darken down the waist coat and put the flower and dime button on.
still looking for some better trousers, going to ask Lindy Hemming for the material supplier but she is hard to get hold of most of the time....
getting the Gotham manhole to replace the glass base....
20150710_220502.jpg 20150710_220449.jpg 20150710_220407.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back