Denix Mauser Mods and ESB Blaster Re-Build WIP

Two things occur to me every time I view this thread:

1. The Mauser looks amazing now.
2. Your fingers and arms have GOT to be killing you from all the filing.

Keep up the great work man.

Two things occur to me every time I view this thread:

1. The Mauser looks amazing now.
2. Your fingers and arms have GOT to be killing you from all the filing.

Keep up the great work man.

Thanks man. My arm did cramp up pretty bad at one point from all the filing, lol. It hasn't been too bad though.

The old Blast-Tech scope mount is good, but the hole was too low.

I filled it and made a new hole just above. Looks great now. I'm going to clean up the rough edges before I paint it.

STOP....what version are you trying to build?

Th short BT bracket was intended for the Han ESB/ Hoth afaik, but should sit way higher, with its upper edge resting against the upper receivers lower edge.
If you´re intending to do a Luke/ Han Bespin, this mount is not what you should proceed with (too small!)

Would be a shame to invest so much time and efforts into a Denix conversion and not go the extra mile IMHO

Markus

STOP....what version are you trying to build?

Th short BT bracket was intended for the Han ESB/ Hoth afaik, but should sit way higher, with its upper edge resting against the upper receivers lower edge.
If you´re intending to do a Luke/ Han Bespin, this mount is not what you should proceed with (too small!)

Would be a shame to invest so much time and efforts into a Denix conversion and not go the extra mile IMHO

Markus

I am doing a Han/Luke Bespin. According to the latest info from Boba Debt's thread, the old Blast Tech mount is right on in it's general size. 1.75" high and 1.25" inches wide. The Hoth bracket should be a little shorter. When John made these brackets the Hoth mounting system was unknown so he based it on the Bespin version. Obviously you know your blasters and I'm not trying to argue, but this is how I understand it. When I put the scope on, everything looks ok to me.

so the mount you attached features the correct height of 1,75"? Must be the dimensions/ taper of the mount that´s irritating me in this case, plus the hole that´s still slightly off IMHO.

hmmmm....

Markus

Yes, the height is correct. I think there are a number of things at play here. I don't think the angle on the back of the bracket is quite right and there may be some distortion in that photo with the mount on the gun. It even looks weird to me. Looks much better in person. Also, the whole bracket probably is a little small because the Denix is gigantic compared to a real Mauser, but oh well. I'll take some better photos later.

In the meantime Markus, I want you to take a deep breath, relax, and sit back with a beer. Everything's going to work out fine. :D:cheers

Yes, the height is correct. I think there are a number of things at play here. I don't think the angle on the back of the bracket is quite right and there may be some distortion in that photo with the mount on the gun. It even looks weird to me. Looks much better in person. Also, the whole bracket probably is a little small because the Denix is gigantic compared to a real Mauser, but oh well. I'll take some better photos later.

In the meantime Markus, I want you to take a deep breath, relax, and sit back with a beer. Everything's going to work out fine. :D:cheers

BEER...I hear you buddy.
got one now ;)

Markus

My God Man! That Denix looks unbelievable! Well worth the time and effort. I now what its like to only have files and a Dremel to work with...

Hell I had a lathe and a mill and mine didn't turn out this good!
20150526_132252.jpg

I was actually working on an M19 scope today. I had a request to make it out of brass for authenticity. Should have some pics of the finished parts soon.

Awesome work. Totally taking the time to clean up my next two!

I've been working on my scope a little. It's a good cast, solid resin but it has a glass lens which is kind of neat. After working on the paint I noticed that a lot of the surface texture had disappeared. I wanted to get that 'cast metal' look back, so I cut a piece of foam into a jagged shape and saturated it with Krylon satin clear. Sponged it on randomly and had instant texture. I took this pic immediately afterward so it's still a little shiny.

I also scrapped the original tiny bolts for some bigger vintage ones I found. I drilled out the old threaded inserts and epoxied the correct nuts into the bottom of the scope. I blued the heads to give the bolts that dark look.

Thanks guys. I haven't been making much progress on this lately, but here's where it sits now. I got the scope bracket all cleaned up and ready for paint. The edges were super rough and it took a lot of grinding/filing to get them nice. Now I'm just waiting on the knurled disc for the mount and a new flash hider.

Well, congratulations on a great build, and after seeing this thread you have inspired me to do my Denix C96. Thanks for the great pictures and text.

Hey How'd you fill in the lettering o the resin scope? This is incredible, I too thought that was a real one :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back