Denix Mauser Mods and ESB Blaster Re-Build WIP

Next up are those two notches that go on the sides by the bolt. Anyone know what they are there for? Do they have any function on a real mauser?

Thanks for the compliments. Much respect to you guys, so it means a lot.

Still working on the finish, but man, that metal is smooth now. I got rid of all that nasty pitting. Detail is still pretty sharp, so things are looking good.

IMG_1305_zpskxpdx4qu.jpg

Thanks guys! Next up on the chopping block is the site. I popped the slide off and filed all the edges to get rid of those ugly seams. I also took off the "butt". I got it down as far as I could without cutting into the hole for the pin. You can't really tell in the pic but I also rounded the front end a little so it's not so squared off and more like a real one.

I'm going to darken and weather it a little bit with some perma blue.

That sight looks really cool silver on top of the black gun. I know it wouldn't be accurate to leave it that way, but it does look cool like this.

That sight looks really cool silver on top of the black gun. I know it wouldn't be accurate to leave it that way, but it does look cool like this.

Yeah, I agree. I'm just going to darken it a little and then rub steel wool on it so it's got an old kind of look and blends in a little better.

I got everything put back together today. The site parts were all re-blued and weathered. I had to cut down the pin a little because I had countersunk the holes. I refinished and weathered the grips a while ago too.

It might be time to start working on the blaster parts. My scope bracket and flash hider need some attention.

Thanks guys. After I put the site back on, it started flopping around whenever you moved the gun. In the past, I had fixed this by gluing it down. This time I went for something a little different. I drilled out holes for small neodymium magnets and set them flush into the gun. Now the site clicks into place and stays put unless you want to raise it.

Thanks guys. After I put the site back on, it started flopping around whenever you moved the gun. In the past, I had fixed this by gluing it down. This time I went for something a little different. I drilled out holes for small neodymium magnets and set them flush into the gun. Now the site clicks into place and stays put unless you want to raise it.

Brilliant!

I need to do this to mine as well. Thanks for the idea.

Are you taking orders yet? :p

Should I start considering that? Lol!

Brilliant!

I need to do this to mine as well. Thanks for the idea.

Here's the magnet before touching up the paint. The other one is on the bottom of the slide.

I also had to make another extractor for the bolt. I ruined the first one by reshaping it too much. This is cut out of thin steel and blued just like the other one.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back