Denix Mauser Mods and ESB Blaster Re-Build WIP

Well done indeed. I've been wanting to do this myself on my current WIP blaster but am dubious about attempting it by hand.
Already drilled the release button 1mm off centre, which to my eyes appears more like a mile. :facepalm

Will you be making it a MGC lookalike?
Do you think you could incorporate a MGC trigger, given the internals of a Denix?

Markus

Will you be making it a MGC lookalike?
Do you think you could incorporate a MGC trigger, given the internals of a Denix?

Markus

This is more of just a cosmetic overhaul I guess. I'm not going to mess with any internal parts. I don't think there's too much you can do with the Denix parts anyway.

Looking great!

Any thoughts on how you're going to finish it (paint, bluing, etc.), or is it too early to ask?

Combo of both I think. I'll have to play around a bit. I had to fill some holes with JB Weld and I know that won't take the bluing.

Combo of both I think. I'll have to play around a bit. I had to fill some holes with JB Weld and I know that won't take the bluing.

That's exactly what I was wondering, so I'll be very curious to see how the finish turns out after the appropriate modifications. I have an accurized Denix from one of Bobadebt's runs, but after seeing this thread I'm thinking of taking a file to those "washers" on mine as well. It's a small thing, but man what a difference.

That's exactly what I was wondering, so I'll be very curious to see how the finish turns out after the appropriate modifications. I have an accurized Denix from one of Bobadebt's runs, but after seeing this thread I'm thinking of taking a file to those "washers" on mine as well. It's a small thing, but man what a difference.

I know what you mean. But be careful, it's a slippery slope, lol. I'm going to try some different paint techniques. I'll keep you updated.

This is basically a better version of what I was going to do! I will copy this and save £300 on an MGC. Is it mostly hand files for re-shaping the hammer?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back