Same goes for the under cockpit if you've added extra lights . . .

6WOQcjdl.jpg

Last edited:
2 TIPS: before you join the 2 main upper and bottom, use a brush to clear all dust into piles carefully
(if like me you've had them not covered for months before joining) and then carefully use a vacuum to suck up the dust...

1yaisFYl.jpg

2 Below: Tighten all screws upper and under and if you've used the original screwdriver from issue 1 throughout change it!.
l for instance used the screwdriver from the X-wing issue (you can get them all over DIY stores tho). l found it worked loads better as the
old one started to wear.

yrFb9vQl.jpg

Last edited:
This is where l start adding any parts that's left starting off with the 2 Deflector shield projectors, l simple painted Lamp Black oil with the usual method l've mentioned throughout, l stuck the parts together first tho then put the black on and wiped almost as soon as l'd added it.

nbIpZkPl.jpg

From issue 98: Results below . . .

kZtSXg0l.jpg

Last edited:
Back on Page 27 l did tests of the 'splatter' effect, after long thought and as mine nears it's near completion.
l decided added just a slight touch of it (call it a happy medium).

lf your going down this path do tests as lve shown and clear the toothbrush lots of paint before flickin :).
Below: Matt Black and Matt Orange 85 Humbrol enamels mixed with white spirit thinner.

TEDDnd6l.jpg

Subtle:

2U78BQel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Portaler, l'll do that last, lm thinking of the initial shoot details 1st, then one or two fantasy artworks in space/deserts etc. I've still other ideas in mind like the spaceport gas pumps so still lots to show over the year.

Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

Hi Darkview, your Falcon is coming together nicely. Can I ask what color you used for the red and grey panels?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Coming together nicely, red looks a spot on base red, I used Humbrol matt 153 Red... Not to bright & not to dark. I then masked them and added weathering/Dremel scratches etc.. think page 2 & 5 somewhere mention it. I used the TAMIYA weathering kits over the masked dried red patched areas, you can tone it to the studio references etc.

Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

Coming together nicely, red looks a spot on base red, I used Humbrol matt 153 Red... Not to bright & not to dark. I then masked them and added weathering/Dremel scratches etc.. think page 2 & 5 somewhere mention it. I used the TAMIYA weathering kits over the masked dried red patched areas, you can tone it to the studio references etc.
Thanks, yeah I'm going to tone the red down. What about your grey?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I used Humbrol Matt grey mixed with a tad Matt white if to dark but Tamiya neutral Grey is as good as any...go with what you eye sees is best while checking studio references, as lve said in the past it's the lighting on the original that can deceive so get as many cross references of the original as possible and get a happy medium.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back