Thanks, that’s good to know. I’d worry about making a mess of building it but will look into tutorials etc...I’ve left the glass out of my cockpit like the original.

Thanks for the reply, I think I’ll try the clear styrene sheet on the redundant cockpit and see what I think. I get why you’d leave the windows off to more accurately reflect the filming model, but I’d be concerned about dust buildup over time...

PS
I’ve been to pound shop and got brushes, wedge shaped foam brushes, and foam tipped makeup sticks. All for £3! :cool:thumbsup

Hey Jordan ,

In my post #1237 , I’d mentioned that we hadn’t heard from you in a while ( obviously only seemed like ! ) .
Anyhoo , on a whim I went back to the start of your thread and ... you’ve gotten all your pics up again right !? , I mean since that photobucket debacle ?
Not sure when you found the time to do so , ( or how I missed it ? ) but it’s really appreciated .
So much easier to (re)follow your build with images to go along with the written details . Thank you .

:cheersGed

Last edited:
Hey Jordan ,

In my post #1237 , I’d mentioned that we hadn’t heard from you in a while ( obviously only seemed like ! ) .
Anyhoo , on a whim I went back to the start of your thread and ... you’ve gotten all your pics up again right !? , I mean since that photobucket debacle ?
Not sure when you found the time to do so , ( or how I missed it ? ) but it’s really appreciated .
So much easier to (re)follow your build with images to go along with the written details . Thank you .

:cheersGed

I got an email from photobucket saying as a gift of goodwill they will switch on their photo service for a few weeks......now is the time to do some repair work before they disappear again

J

That’s great news about PB Jaitea, i didn’t get an email saying they were reverting my 3rd party pics, and l hear they’ll may stay up but I’d best get copying them over soon.

Last edited:
Not meaning to hijack your thread, but as I used your method of weathering my continuing Falcon build, I was hoping you would give me your opinion of how I have done. Please bear in mind that I have never done anything like this before and I can't believe I have chosen such a large project to start with!
Anyhow, please be totally (bordering on brutally!) honest with your assessment.

Thanking you in advance... :D
Falcon_Underside_Weathered.jpg

BTW
I don't know if you heard about the Star Wars garden ornaments that were doing the rounds over Christmas. My daughter bought my fiancée an R2-D2 one and it was quite well detailed. After many months of being asked to paint it, I did. Here's a peek at before and after...
20180610_094710.jpg

Last edited:
@ Deathlok: well done.
Maye it is „better“ to add the reds, greys and the yellow before you start with the oilwash. My 2cents.
Kuat.

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but as I used your method of weathering my continuing Falcon build, I was hoping you would give me your opinion of how I have done. Please bear in mind that I have never done anything like this before and I can't believe I have chosen such a large project to start with!
Anyhow, please be totally (bordering on brutally!) honest with your assessment.

Thanking you in advance... :D
View attachment 823225

BTW
I don't know if you heard about the Star Wars garden ornaments that were doing the rounds over Christmas. My daughter bought my fiancée an R2-D2 one and it was quite well detailed. After many months of being asked to paint it, I did. Here's a peek at before and after...
View attachment 823224

Great job on this ornament! [emoji1363][emoji1363]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ Deathlok: well done.
Maye it is „better“ to add the reds, greys and the yellow before you start with the oilwash. My 2cents.
Kuat.
You are probably right on that, I got a bit carried away once I got all the panels on the sub frame... ;)

Great job on this ornament! [emoji1363][emoji1363]
Thanks Harry, I think I got it about 95% where I wanted it to be. First time painting rocks to look like, well, rocks...

I did the wash like yours first then the greys/reds after, l just blended them in. Only difference is I did them panel by panel here and there...see earlier pages on that.

Sorry, I meant which kit for the DL-44 ? Or did you buy it and are making the holster as a scratch build ? Got any mid-complete photos ?

I’d like to continue this but worry the thread would loosen, even though it’s a related continuous link to The Falcon and all! ... unless the moderators deems it ok! If not a new thread.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back