I’ve been leaving my Falcon out for 2 months to dust etc, then lightly brushing it off for a extra weathering with a big quality Revel drybrush, I covered the gun ports and cockpit in that time. Happy with its added effect.

592E8E1A-1DCB-4D11-A0D7-FE06A1606B36.jpegC4AD8165-1800-4970-AB1E-BBFD451C947C.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been leaving my Falcon out for 2 months to dust etc, then lightly brushing it off for a extra weathering with a big quality Revel drybrush, I covered the gun ports and cockpit in that time. Happy with its added effect.

View attachment 840004View attachment 840005

Nice Darkview ! What a great model where even dust ads to the look :)

Quick question on the streak lines for the top hull.

You mentioned on the page linked below that you use Tamiya mask tape, the Tamiya weathering kits and brushes. I'm assuming you simply used the brushes to brush on Soot or Oil Stain on ? Those makeup applicators don't really apply it uniformly on larger surfaces.

Would that be a correct assumption ?

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240711&p=4057360&viewfull=1#post4057360

Sorry been away in the land of No.6 festival on shoot. Ok use brushes on tape area, use fine art brushes of different sizes

Last edited:
Amazing build. I went through a lot of the pages but I can't find where you may have answered this question.

Since you did not use an airbrush on this can you tell me what kind of paint brush you used on the colored sections as they look great and I can't see any brush lines?

Thanks

Could not find it on pg. 10 but I can ask at the hobby store as well. I am having some eye problems so I don't last long on the computer before my eyes freak out.

Thanks

Hi l just used Reeves paint brushes and Humbrol red (areas masked off) on page 10 halfway down you can see the brushes next to the falcon cockpit & corridor, these bigger brushes give a nice clean spread when dry.

Hey Jordan. Quick question. I'm doing the engine vents (DeAgistini stock). For the vent mesh did you use standard weathering with thinned oil lamp black, or Tamiya weathering kit Soot black ?

I'm just a bit hesitant to use oil paints in the vents as they are pretty fine.

In theory the vent mesh could be left as they are. Stock DeAgostini does have a fair bit of variation in the "painting" they have done on them, so was looking to even them out a bit. Can you remember what you did ?

Hi, sorry for the late response, my vents were painted Matt black Humbrol then Tamiya weathering with My big Reeves brush layer by layer till just right! Hope that helps.

Last edited:
A HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL. My falcon ramp/light power juice is low for the first time ....
Question: How longs enough time for a full charge from my Millennium Falcon mains Power Adaptor charge port from its underbelly connection?

Also do you charge it in off or on button mode?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, seems all my photography’s back up, tried it on a few computers and all running to my build.
Still looking for a acrylic or glass display case to fit my Falcon, been advised to look at aquarium tanks!! Needs to be reasonable prices. The search continues...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back