Here's a neat little trick from Page 16 of ianlawrencemodels.com

With the use of a mirror he is able to extend the tunnel on the other side of the cargo hold.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

I've gotta steal this idea.

@yaroon
are you one of the belgium 501st builders that are legendary?

if so, then you gain my ultimate respect.

we are know like those yes but not all builders are 501st and not all belgian 501st are builders ;)
we have a seperated group that does the building BCD vzw ( Belgian costume division) ( i know confusing) We have done some non starwars related builds like our jurrasic world gate and stargate ;)
d290eca514a2b6cd17cf12d852ac3a69.jpg

c32da3dbcecfe55f100b6752d37aff23.jpg

But yes most know us a the belgian builders

My TIP: Remember that Thread-cutting tap from issue 42, well you can use it if you like to create the threads like in the studio model on the left & right top mandibles..
STARBOARD%20MAND%205.jpg

The 2nd hole you can see here will have a tiny Grub Screw inserted when a get them!. They are on their way on a very slow boat from China!. ;-)

NOTE: l used a Dremel drill to punch through the cage very, very carefully, if you don't have experience in dremeling don't.

Last edited:
Search your findings... you know it to be true... leased l hope it's that issue, bloody looked loads for its references ... ;-).

Last edited:
G'day DARKVIEW, just wanted to say a big ' THANKS ' . As you may recall, I've been following threads/builds such as yours and Brian Taylor's since the beginning of this MF project. Mark Warren and S4Simon are also great inspirations re; the directly applied oils on plastic approach for the base coat. Thing is, on several of the earlier issued pieces, I kind of went 'overboard ' during the application of said oils ( W/N Alkyd Black ), and have tried various methods/ techniques ( thinners, degreasers, 'dettol', ect,etc...), to 'lighten' these areas (to pretty crap results ), but then I remembered your suggestion about erasers in an earlier post on your thread. Man!, it works a treat!. Not only does the over-applied base coat come of easily but it also acts as a blending agent. I've been using a normal Stadler eraser, but also experimenting with 'kneadable ' ones for more intricate areas. Don't know who did it first, but I found out about it for the first time on your thread. So, again ' Thanks'. P.s. Please continue to advise, amaze, and inspire. Cheers , Ged.

Yep that was my idea, I use my rubber ended pencil for weather streak details etc. Combination of assorts really, love to experiment. Glad it's going well.

PORT (UPPER,LOWER) MANDIBLE
(Issue 83 onwards)With this port mandible I decided to cut & glue certain parts before the black oil weathering as an experiment,
Unlike the STARBOARD I did all parts on the runners first.
IMG_7192_zpsi2urgwis.jpg

Below: the resses rubbed from the black oil, l found that a brush, plain & dry helped get into awkward areas & helped remove the black,
also cotton buds.
IMG_7196_zpsp9i7zbsn.jpg

Last edited:
G'day Jordan, it isn't clear on the first post titled ' Port Mandible ', re;the oil base coat. The #2 ( post ) clearly seems to show base coating/weathering , but in both you've got a masked off area. Have you changed your method of application, or found a better way re;' how-to?'. Thanks as always ✌️Ged

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back