Far from perfect . . . but the Devil loves a trier!

Falcon with TFA radar . . .

2IX42ykl.jpg

a9QzXC7l.jpg

Last edited:
What did you think of Bladerunner 2049 ? I thought it was great.

Now with the hype training speeding up for The Last Jedi, and a couple of cool comic book films to come (Justice League and Ragnarok) it's a good time of year movie wise !

Bladerunner 2049-I really liked it, l need another visit to truly process the movie. Also liked the new Star Wars trailer and look forward to seeing the Falcon mostly ;-).

Nice, lovin the planetary backgrounds !!

I know there are a lot of pics in the thread during the build, but have you done a hi-res "scan" of both sides of your Falcon ? I'm thinking close up shots to document the final streaks, markings etc. Sort of like a Darkview "archive for the ages" of this bird :)

The movie original Falcons quite bare from the search I've done over the years Portaler!!

Im going for a landed bird eventually Craig ;-).

I got good news from Deagostini today that the extra greebie parts are going to be with us within a month

Any news on these extra parts Darkview ? That post was from August ! Now we're in October.....

Yes l have.... hope they now show but will if not...top/bottom I guess.

Yes top/bottom. I was thinking more a birdseye view directly from above, so I can use it for all the dots, spots & streak locations etc. Sort of more documentary shots than artistic....

Anyway, just a suggestion. Would really appreciate it.

By the way. Perhaps it's to do with the new site you are using for hosting the pics, but they don't zoom so well.

As lve said above still waiting for parts, I'll have a look for 2 or so high res pictures of the majority of the Falcons weathering soon. Hope yours is coming on well.

As lve said above still waiting for parts, I'll have a look for 2 or so high res pictures of the majority of the Falcons weathering soon. Hope yours is coming on well.

Ah, it helps if I could read ! Missed the comment above about the parts (went straight to the photos :). The parts must be ready soon surely !!

I use Flickr for hi-res pics. There you can click on the pic in the thread and go to the online image and see it in hi-res.

Mine is coming along slowly. Another project during the summer sidetracked me ! But looking through the images certainly gets the enthusiasm up again. I convinced myself this is my winter indoors project ! Steady she goes :)

Thing is with the Falcon is not to think 'rush it' lam happy with a 'bit by bit' progression, l know it looks kinda complete but there's always more to add, improve etc but thats the beauty of this build :).

Last edited:
G’day Jordan , Hoping you and yours are well .
You’re certainly showing off your Falcon to great effect in recent posts... congrats again mate :p .
Was needing some clarification from you please . You mentioned / shared in an earlier post that you ended up using ‘ Exhaust - Fan Grills & Blades ‘ from 3D projects (? ) ... site belonging to RPF member Gus ... is that right ? . Asking cause I’m thinking of doing the same , if they’re still available that is . Been looking around , and they seem as detailed ( if not more so ) than others available at Shapeways or Paragrafix , yet easier to work with .

I vaguely remember you being quite happy with them also (?) . You didn’t have any issues with adding / replacing them onto the panels did you ? Referring to size and fit / mods etc...
Any , and all help / advice regarding this matter is greatly appreciated .

:cheersGed

Thanks all is well and looking forward to Hallowe'en. Yes Gus exhausts/fans are excellent, loved the finished results with them, lll put up a close-up tomorrow tho I hope the old f*#kbucket links are working for Crome & Firefox users. I've still the old exhausts done that Deago supplied done too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back