I printed my own parts from my local library for a tenth off the price they offer on its site. I know build 3d parts take time and effort but in my opinion the price is elevated.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'd love to hear/see close ups of people's experience of the Falcon hold flooring described by Shapeways as STRONG & FLEXIBLE: BLACK/WHITE NYLON PLASTIC WITH A MATTE FINISH AND SLIGHT GRAIN... it's the slight grain that's bothering me. There's 'polished' descriptions too!.

Thing is I expect it to be smooth whatever its description and for its money. Im the type who wants to see actual photography of various items as well as graphics when it comes to online shopping.

They do a sample grade packs of there various textures but again not cheap.
I will never buy the SWF again. Its junk. I will only buy FUD.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for that, lve had them in both from Shapeways just received my SWF that was polished and still I found both very poor quality and took loads of work to even give a half descent surface finish. More on them parts recieved and finished later.

Last edited:
Have any of you had success printing super small detailed parts on shapeways? I'm talking like parts with sub-mm details.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Have any of you had success printing super small detailed parts on shapeways? I'm talking like parts with sub-mm details.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hi SirCharles77,
smallest details ive had from them so far is the TFA radar in UFD. (Ultra Fine Detail).It took lots of careful ultra fine sanding due to lines over many areas, some were perfect! and replacing the radars front poles with brass rod as they were brittle.

Last edited:
The said TFA radar finished with added weather flaking etc...

mTcLUzQl.jpg

Last edited:
This is the Single Pit with Topper for DeAgo Falcon made by Shapeways from Satyr's Model designs.
Described asWhite Strong & Flexible Polished: White nylon plastic polished to reveal a smooth matte finish.

I found again the texture print less that smooth, somewhat chalk grain- like so washed and fine sanded what l could.
The bottom grid l noticed was not properly printed out, its details weren't sharp but can live will that due to it far down and pipe covered.

The long horizontal pipes l threw away and replaced with various cotton bud tubes and bits of metals/alloys stripped
from old RC helicopters which gave a much improved finish below.

7FfttdRl.jpg

1XoyHqxl.jpg

E2wvbISl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also hope to the elements, not god! that it's been fully measured to fit within the perimeters and base pegs etc, not had a chance yet!, kinda didn't think.

Thanks, lve a question for all you that joined the Falcons top & bottom halfs.... did you manage it on your own or did you have help!?

Use the supplied mandible supports. Then you can use the supplied big 4 screws from the underside to raise or lower the hull in millimeters. This gets the enitre bottom half level. When thats done.......makes mating the top like buttah.

Right, sorry about the delays but l've been so busy full colouring a Dark Horse Comics graphic novel but finished now to focus in part on the FALCON...

YdB8c7Ol.jpg

lnCRADCl.jpg

sgqY0Rwl.jpg

Above is the joining of cockpit to the top half via disassembly. I believe issue 93... painless so far!

Last edited:
TIP: inside the cockpit join ive put some black elections tape to hide the light joins. Use your screwdriver to rub it in firmly and add glue if you worry about it slacking off!

6WOQcjdl.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back