This is just to show the legs under, l wasn't going to release the bolts just yet as the 4 are correct height till l join the top half....
its just to give an impression of the finished gears..

The one on the left isn't placed in, it's just for sample...

IMG_8217_zpsotavy21i.jpg

Last edited:
Question? Since lots of people have now finished or joined there Falcon halfs are there any 'light bleed' issues around the cockpit outer joins or has the joining helped seal the problem l recall in early stages of making it. I know some created inner tin foil covers or painted it black like myself.. but wondered if it in place helped those who just did it by the book so to speak.

Last edited:
Hey Darkview,

Any issues being able to take the landing gear assemblies in and out of their housing? Meaning, once I place them in am I going to have to rip them apart to get them out?

Hi Mike,
Nothing, l designed the 'doors' parts to be part of the landing gears we get so they are a unit in themselves. I just hold the feet & push in then pull out if that's what you mean.

Yes, that answers my question thanks. I can't remember where I read, but somewhere it said that I needed to decide if I wanted them in or out, because they couldn't be removed after I set in or something crazy like that.

TIP: If by any chance the landing gears are feeling 'slack' ! ... you'll see I painted the tops Matt Black, it helps the fittings 'cling' more firm. Do test fits first. With my route I added screws and glue for the doors on top so painted black after to make it look aesthetically more pleasing as a plus.

Last edited:
Also I could mention that those who want doors a tad more accurate to what I've done can ... could just rebuy the issues (expensive tho) with the doors...then half them etc... then do my part 'door' attachment etc....

Last edited:
Hey Darkview,

Any issues being able to take the landing gear assemblies in and out of their housing? Meaning, once I place them in am I going to have to rip them apart to get them out?

Back to your query update...lve only placed the front leg in for a visual sample (in/out ok) not the others....BUT .... for those of you who have issue 98 on the assembly page 10 -under LANDING LEGS header it says the legs are not designed to be removed and replaced without damage!!! I think lm reading this correctly..!!!. So if you plan to have the legs permanently perhaps using the landing covers for flaps customed would be a more accurate detailed option....

Still I'd like to know those who've placed all five legs in if they've got them out ok or not?.

Last edited:
You found it! That is what I read, but couldn't remember where. I would like to know the answer to this also. It would seem very pointless to design removable covers if they weren't meant to be switched out.

I could have sworn I saw somewhere (on Youtube I think) that someone had fitted magnets so the legs/landing gear were easily removable.

I guess that's the direction I was thinking you might be heading Darkview, as you'd mentioned previously that yours will also be in the flight position (i.e. with retracted/removed landing gear).

Or am I missing the point ?

Yes but I was under the impression it was changeable.... if not l will make the nessasary changes somehow, be it magnets etc and report it..

I'm so glad I departmentalize my build...like art drawing and grid work studying and observations it's worked for me...hope anyone who's tried my section by section kind of work it's helped...

Last edited:
I think I'll be doing it that way. Far more manageable than the whole thing at once.My plan is to gather some hull pieces together and put them roughly on the frame to ensure I get the streaks going in the right direction. However I guess streaks could be done after once basic weathering is done and they are on the hull.

ENGINE BAY VENTS....
Said I'd show you the difference between the Deago vents & Gus76s vents when l'd got enough details done so did a quick shoot firstly of his great vents (check page 23 for its beginnings in both engine bay and vents beginnings, down a bit!). Next l'll show you what you get with the kit build.

CUSTOM%20VENTS%201_zpswihvadrd.jpg

BELOW: from an angle the under fans are slightly seen...love that!
CUSTOM%20VENTS%202_zpstlajxqbt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ENGINE BAY VENTS.... Deagostini
Must say l'm still impressed with Deago's given vents, it's just l love the slight underneath details of the custom make...but hard to fault so l'd be happy here...

DEAGO%20VENTS%201_zpsrwhpuuxj.jpg

And granted lt's more realistic for a studio replica...
DEAGO%20VENTS%202_zpsuszhtzzg.jpg

BELOW: A mix...right end 2 vents are the kits...once I've secured the vents chosen l may add more vent dirt
to the outer vents circulars etc...
CUSTOM%20VENTS%20MIX_zpsalie0cl9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back