Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

Listen . . . we all want a darn good Falcon in our living room . . . I'm doing it ;-) you do it to.
You know, I think I could even justify the cost. But it's the space. Both for working on and to display.

I live in the middle of Toronto and have a VERY small house.

Plus, I think that in all honesty, I would be more than satisfied with an accurate bandai 1/72 falcon.
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

You know, I think I could even justify the cost. But it's the space. Both for working on and to display.

I live in the middle of Toronto and have a VERY small house.

Plus, I think that in all honesty, I would be more than satisfied with an accurate bandai 1/72 falcon.
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I have very little work space dude, it's laughable!

This MF builds way more accurate than a Bandai MF 1/72 from what lve seen...

TOP SIDE BACK: 67-69 arrived today so will be happy to show the 6 vent back panels and oil/weathering soon but the day lights crap this evening in the UK for photographs and it's late now ... Anyway JD whiskey won ;-)

Last edited:
Hangover aside here's 67-69 the 5 part engine bay plate constructed...when you do this don't worry about how the first 2 plate parts fit together as it looks misaligned, it's when other 3 plate parts and connectors are in place it works. Unlike the other hull plating lve joined all parts to work on the weathering,

l also masked off the ready coloured parts as l use thinners with the Winsor & Newton Lamp Black quick drying oil and don't want them to run or come off tho lm probably recolouring the red patches... anyway here's it before first layer weathering...
f732fd4ab5a5c9285c20aa30bef7a165_zpstpltaz0b.jpg

Last edited:
As l was off today l started the first stage of the engine bay...this is just using a full cover in black of the oil paint then rubbing it off with paper towels & white spirit to clear more areas. I've probably several stages to do but happy till all the other parts arrive to judge weathering around the fans....which as fate would have it Gus76s etched fans arrived today while doing this part...! Beautifully packaged, nothing would get damaged in transit, believe me! Anyway well impressed so far...
9153951028ee99a3c4cf0d25cdacf633_zps8xrfouui.jpg

I so wish l had all the engine bay parts so l could keep it cooking....but patience plus lve the gorgeous 6 fans ports to do.

Last edited:
So far so good....I went for these because in makes such l cool extra to the engine bay 6 fans plus it's major part to me... Will report how they are in fitting soon.. As well as make a comparison to deagostini's fans, this is the print colour I got them...
46717ed59beeb4192fe418cf64efff35_zpsld5zed1j.jpg

Cut & washed then primed...all three parts are a great fit....
d23fb99a87b160918d2b09f5b1ecaaa5_zpsj9hy3btd.jpg

below: lve a little concern, the 1st picture shows the 6 coils I got resting on my engine deck....the top 3 are fine....however the bottom 3 coils that lve arrowed show a gap due to the curve of the engine deck plating! I'm hoping the the 'gaps' are filled by step up greebies thats to be added at some future point! The bottom picture shows the add ons from the studio model...which look to be added on ours.
fa3f555ef27ba8a28b4585a8ee177127_zpsn89dfvsj.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Gus, Tried that as there are only 6 bolts to screw in the triangular engine deck (3 per side) to the metal frame.

On the bottom centre coil (bottom arch) l have a 1.4mm gap, the other 2 on each side are just gapping just under 1mm. But from studying various studio models there looks to be a possible stepped greebie (I hope) to cover it ... It's nothing l can't eventually solve, they are excellent quality.

Last edited:
DARKVIEW, G'day, been following your build awhile now. Exceptional work mate, you're really into scratch building too! . Thanks for the cockpit flooring idea/template way back on pg.1 of your site. I've just come from the printers and have your V.2 (slightly dirtied up), and Mr Taylor's cockpit decal idea. Been on Google to find out which glue is best re: paper on plastic , to use. Too many differing opinions. Could you please tell me what you'd suggest ( don't want it degraded/peeling over time if possible ), seeings how you came up with the (great!) idea in the first place. I'm from Aus, taking me time on this . Threw that in 'cause every other place seems so far ahead, and also to apologise for asking this. Any help/tips appreciated. Cheers & please keep sharing!. Ged✌️

Hi Ged, think l used just normal model glue rubbed all over the underside surface... If you have spray mount ged use that or even prit stick, it's just a small area & easy to seal down.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back