Just as a break thought I'd show you my weathered BB8 l got as a present at xmo... It's done exactly the same method on pg7, just a little less heavy handed in application!!!
3a114b31daccc166a4539e7631d3f210_zpslauz5kzk.jpg

Hey Darkview, just a quick question. I have received my first couple issues in the post and have noticed that the panels have a little (not so good) weathering done already. I will be doing your style of weathering, so did you remove the original weathering first or go straight on top of it? thanks

Day off! So added the plant on greebies etc the magazine recommends this online at issue 56 to do. lm at 50 but thought what the hell... These parts are delicate so l carefully sanded them and used cocktail sticks to glue...the normal recommend stuff..
84cf297f78435b95f6e79d00277b3dd7_zpsplhuk3r8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

Cheers least you'll have good guides on what to do ;-). Pros & cons etc... (Please not the guns are not attached/glued till a later date).

Here's more of the add ons l meantioned last...
9675e05034886ce0d64be311cd8dd14d_zpsfl2v4tdh.jpg

a97496882993a6581b0ae222193e23f8_zps3yqf4ybo.jpg

719877767c8f8139997ea3f4ff1eaa51_zpsydstjuwy.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers dude lm near half way with the underside.... Issue 50 has a great underside layout of the replica(page 10,11) but it can differ from the studio ESB falcon on close up inspections but it's a great ref I'm still waiting for more actual photos around the front end under to make more details/marks & blast points etc....as Mr Dymszo says there's no absolute but lm planing on as near as possible...

Last edited:
Cheers dude lm near half way with the underside.... Issue 50 has a great underside layout of the replica(page 10,11) but it can differ from the studio ESB falcon on close up inspections but it's a great ref I'm still waiting for more actual photos around the front end under to make more details/marks & blast points etc....as Mr Dymszo says there's no absolute but lm planing on as near as possible...

I feel the same way. I'm of the mindset of wanting to build it the way I would have loved it to look most! Taking the best features of the 5 footer and the 32" and trying to fit them all together. It's a labor of love really!

Looks amazing Darkview, Ive just received 47,48,49,50 ,got the day off tomorrow so i should be up to your stage end of play tomorrow :)

Been very handy following this thread,i study your latest update then said parts arrive,thanks again for all your tips and pictures along the way, painting has always been the part i dread but following your lead I'm loving how mine is going :)

It's nowhere near the greatness of yours, DARKVIEW, but I thought I'd share my feeble attempt at this build. I used gray primer and tamiya insignia white. Then I used your trick with the lamp black oil paint. It came out a little too dark overall so I repeated it with Davy's grey oil paint. Still need to add streaks and whatnot. I thought others who are repainting with the insignia white might like to know what the base color would look like with simple weathering. I know it's not the best looking but I like the way it's turning out. And bear in mind I had no previous modeling experience before I started my subscription a year ago. It's thanks to people like you DARK that help the rest of us novices out. Again, thank you!!
ab60f68859a3b4f38aebe263333d8681.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back