Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max, Fury Road

Welp, test fitted everything last night, and I'm pretty happy with it all. I still need the chest medals and codpiece emblems, and the arm / shoulder plates turned out a bit smaller than I had wanted, but overall I think it looks great. I half-assed my greaves (not pictured) mostly because I'm just over working on this cosplay, plus the leather I bought turned out to be way floppies than I had expected. I'm sure I'll rework them at a later date, buy some belly leather and color it as ImmortanJeff revealed he did. (Although, Jeff, if you're willing I'd love to pay for a pair of yours, hahah) I haven't even touched the bellows yet, I'll likely just wait until Logan74k offers his. Several of you have shown great work on your bellows, but I feel any attempts by me to replicate this work would turn out a disaster. Anywho, here's a few photos.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Looking good dude! What are you wearing under the armor? I'm trying to think of an elegant solution that will keep me warm and prevent me from having to apply white makeup to my whole torso...

Nice aeon

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

thank you!

Looking good dude! What are you wearing under the armor? I'm trying to think of an elegant solution that will keep me warm and prevent me from having to apply white makeup to my whole torso...

thanks! i'm wearing a white thermal from American Apparel that I had lying around, gave it a teabath to darken it and give it a dirtier look. bought a bunch of medical wrapping from the local Walgreens, gave those a teabath too, wrapped em around my biceps, forearms, and belly.

That is some spectacular hair. What is that? A full lace wig? A wig attached to a bald cap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I'm going to have two extra black gas mask hoses if someone wants to buy them from me. It was cheaper to buy four

WOW! I am seeing some great stuff here! Bigboss101, that wig is sharp! And your kit is really coming together! aeonpulse, nice going man~ and great ideas! I'm sorry that I don't have anything really to show- life events and my own negative depressive cycle have put me off costume work. It's kind of hard to focus when you know your life is about to be shook up soon and you don't feel prepared for it. Btw, I pretty sure I missed out on that badge thing Ein(?) was doing, I hope he doesn't mind if I print out those, bond them to some canvas and fake it just to make Halloween(hopefully)! Actually, as I am form Texas, I'm almost thinking that it was a car badge used twice- once by itself and secondly, on top of a SHERIFF patch. I've recently seen a dealership badge that looked identical, if solid red, on the back of a car. I was driving so I couldn't take a pic. I live in Texas btw. I encourage anyone else lurking this thread to dive into the other Immortan threads as well, there's some good info if you sift through them.

Looks great! I like how your chain anchor thingie turned out. I'm still procrastinating badly here. I did crack the Nokia that I had sourced the other day- disappointed to find it was not a match- turned out to be 2260 model. Well, it'll have to do until I can find a 3100 or 7100.
View attachment 541653little by little coming together. Hopefully knock a big chunk out today

uploadfromtaptalk1445041526274.jpg few minor paint touch ups chest is done. If anyone Likes the fabric I used your left, wearing right, I have plenty extra

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back