Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max, Fury Road

love it, first bumpy chest piece ive seen, have you tracked any of the medals or patches down yet?

- - - Updated - - -

im contemplating asking someone to 3d print the badges and medals we need, would it be expensive?

Thank you both! I look forward to seeing your armor ahoudini.

As for the medals (excluding the easy rider pin and navy insignia detailed earlier)

On the bottom row starting from the left the first medal appears to be a small grinder blade glued on top another medal.
The middle medal is a bit of filigree (thanks again ahoudini!)
The final one looks to be the top from an old athletics trophy, which should be simple enough to find- but has still eluded me.

*Also for the top middle medal the 500 comes from a vintage Ford Falcon badge. The ebayer I posted earlier in the thread has replicas available. I'm still not sure
what type of medal the 500 is fused to. I've found nothing close yet.*

My medal replicas, so far:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436149293.782093.jpg

Not perfect, but as good as I can get, so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!!! Looking pretty spot on! Great job sourcing fabrics as well. What did you use for the top middle medal? I have the 500, I just can't find a good base medal? Also what did you use for the metal "bar" at the top of the bottom left medal?

One detail I noticed that is in the film, but missing from the costume on display is a gold bar over the top middle medal... You can see it in this image.
joemedals.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-06-29 at 1.01.44 AM.png
    Screenshot 2015-06-29 at 1.01.44 AM.png
    676.8 KB · Views: 393
Awesome!!! Looking pretty spot on! Great job sourcing fabrics as well. What did you use for the top middle medal? I have the 500, I just can't find a good base medal? Also what did you use for the metal "bar" at the top of the bottom left medal?

One detail I noticed that is in the film, but missing from the costume on display is a gold bar over the top middle medal... You can see it in this image.
View attachment 497056

EDIT nevermind,
I see what you meant now by the missing piece.

The cell phone PC board?
Determining which brand it is from might take a little searching.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cell+phone+board&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=bxCaVcLMBofWoATUsJCwCw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=838&bih=557

Last edited:
I scratch-built that one using a washer with a thick styrene disc overlay that I dremeled into that shape. It is a circle with 8 semicircular "bites" taken out of it around the edge. The sanding drum on the dremel made short work of those. Then I covered the whole thing with aluminum tape, sanded down and blackened. Add the 500 and it is done. The cross bar is the number zero from an Apache 10 emblem. I wish it were a little bigger so there may be a better car emblem zero to use.

Thanks for that great new photo!

I will include all the left over braid and ribbon when I send you the other stuff.

Thanks Ahoudini, they all look great. I was planning to go a similar route with that medal, your's looks very close to the original. Well done. Ah, nice thought on the 0. What did you source for the cross bar on the other bottom medal?

Wow! Thank you so much! Please let me know if there are any parts you are in need of, I have some extra bits of chain.

Impressive work sir.

That's a jelly cabinet turn latch. Secured to the door frame with a central screw, you twisted it to hold the door of your jelly cabinet closed. I found it on eBay listed just that way.

Found air soft versions of both of his guns and customized the holsters today. Also finished the cell phone circuit board and keyboard parts. Photos to follow.

I'd like to get that cell phone board, just as a stand alone piece. Is there any exacting ID for it? I've not been able to find a match.

I cobbled mine together out of an old Nokia but it is by no means accurate. It is roughly similar after moving some chips around, but only roughly.

I'll keep looking, betting once the right model is ID'd it probably can be had for a song. Thinking the keypad might be the best clue at this point.

My medal replicas, so far:
View attachment 497037

Not perfect, but as good as I can get, so far.

These are great so far. How big should the "500" medal be? I was thinking about 1.5 inches?

I've got a navy badge insignia. The Easyriders pin up above that someone has, I've also been trying to look for one on ebay without any luck. I wonder if some other Immortan Joe cosplayer already bought it.

That being said, how many of you are going to be at Dragoncon this year?

Here is something I'm throwing together for a shapeways print. So far printing this thing only costs 4 dollars.

View attachment 497142

Yes, 1.5" is about right. I am really interested in your Shapeways print but the photo link is broken[emoji20]
I will be at DragonCon, hopefully with my daughter as Furiosa and my son as Nux!

Ok, so there are two different PCBs on the armour pictures, I didn't realize this.

The cell phone PCB in the screen grab close up is a Nokia 6100. This was easy to identify online.

The cell phone PCB in the close ups out there on the net of the armor on tour is a different PCB but looks like Nokia as well as they are very similar in layout.
Not sure that one even has screen time yet.

I never found where the hell the keypad is from. Doesn't look like it came from these phones.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back