Fallout 4 Prop Thread

@EmmaInCandyland Yeah they are a tad wide, plus I modelled the bottle to be slightly skinnier from the original in-game model which makes the wings looks more wider (also the angle of the image was taken from a low stance so the bottle looks bigger from the bottom). I may do a V2 in the future, along with Quantum and Cherry as well with a more accurate model once I get more comfortable with 3D modelling.

Well I can't wait to see these!

Anybody know for the stimpak then? (2 posts above x))

Well I can't wait to see these!

Anybody know for the stimpak then? (2 posts above x))

No I haven't seen a gauge like this before. I would look at old pocket watches on eBay though. Mounted upside down they'd be a close match. It'd be cool if the needle was spring loaded so that pushing against a surface swung the needle.

You can make a stimpak in game, so I'm guessing if it was real, they'd use whatever they could find. So if it's not a perfect match, I don't think anyone will make a big deal. As long as it's not like bright pink or completely wrong. :lol

I'm joining the fun!

Somebody talked about Stimpak?
Stimpak_2.jpgStimpak_3.jpg

Also, Med-X:
Med-X_2i.jpgMed-X_4.jpg

I modeled them myself using Solidworks, and printed them with PLA on my Ultimaker 2
Stimpak is scaled correctly but I made Med-X way too small... I'll print the next one on 150% scale and it should be good.

You can make a stimpak in game, so I'm guessing if it was real, they'd use whatever they could find. So if it's not a perfect match, I don't think anyone will make a big deal. As long as it's not like bright pink or completely wrong. :lol

Well I actually found what they were based on :)

I will let you know when I'll receive it to confirm my finding :p

My completed laser musket, ready to debut at Momocon in a month. Y'all are showing off some excellent pieces, keep it up!

PhotoGrid_1454967985523.jpg

I'm joining the fun!

Somebody talked about Stimpak?
View attachment 618130View attachment 618131

Also, Med-X:
View attachment 618132View attachment 618133

I modeled them myself using Solidworks, and printed them with PLA on my Ultimaker 2
Stimpak is scaled correctly but I made Med-X way too small... I'll print the next one on 150% scale and it should be good.

I disagree that you made the med-x too big, I think it looks great. In game it looks ridiculously big. I think yours looks more realistic.

Well I actually found what they were based on :)

I will let you know when I'll receive it to confirm my finding :p

Cool! I've planning on working on some F4 stuff this summer hopefully.

I disagree that you made the med-x too big, I think it looks great. In game it looks ridiculously big. I think yours looks more realistic.

I agree unless the pic makes it look larger. The in game version looks huge for a syringe.

Here's another pic with my hand for scale:

Med-X_3.jpg

Yes, It looks more realistic this way. But I think they made it waaaay bigger to make it easier to loot.
Mass Effect did the same with Thermal clips. When you compare the size, the clips often don't even fit in the weapons.

Nervous about posting my own crappy props since all of these are so amazing and professional looking, especially since most of them broke during PAX East this weekend. Pipboy is 3D printed because my phone was too big to fit the official one (and I couldn't get my hands on one yet) and the stimpack is mostly just things I found around my house and claimed as my own. I won't even bother posting the laser rifle, it's mostly held together by duct tape at this point... PAX was not kind to it.20160425_165458.jpg20160425_165517.jpg20160425_165435.jpg

Okay, so I thought I'd share my finding x)

I believe the stimpak upper part was based on a vintage (60s) German tyre pressure gauge from the brand Drager, they are 12 cm tall in total, which would be the perfect size for a stimpak (as it's probably around a total of 20cm)

$T2eC16ZHJIIE9qTYLTMnBRgNNT1lUg~~60_57.JPG

$%28KGrHqRHJEMFF%29P67lwgBRgNNf4tHw~~60_57.JPG

EmmaInCandyland Wow, that definitely looks the part for a stimpak, and it looks like a really good size to! I bet it ain't cheap to get one though. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
@EmmaInCandyland Wow, that definitely looks the part for a stimpak, and it looks like a really good size to! I bet it ain't cheap to get one though. :(

I have found another brand in the UK that I got for £8:

$_57.JPG

The grey part looks to removable. I have combine 2 vintage veterinary syringes and remove the parts I needed accordingly. The only thing is that it's leaving me with a small gap, do you know which "nut" I'd need? Or if there's a name for this kind of thing? Anyway, I think it's a pretty close match :p

DSC_0174.jpg

Now the only thing that would be difficult to do is making hole into the gauge as it looks to be metal.. I might have to glue the bits, if I find them.

I have found another brand in the UK that I got for £8:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/z/YuAAAOSwlfxXF8G-/$_57.JPG

The grey part looks to removable. I have combine 2 vintage veterinary syringes and remove the parts I needed accordingly. The only thing is that it's leaving me with a small gap, do you know which "nut" I'd need? Or if there's a name for this kind of thing? Anyway, I think it's a pretty close match :p

http://s31.postimg.org/nwqmqvykb/DSC_0174.jpg

Now the only thing that would be difficult to do is making hole into the gauge as it looks to be metal.. I might have to glue the bits, if I find them.

That is AWESOME! :thumbsup

Excellent research, too! Never would have thought the gauge was real. And that syringe set up you have looks perfect.

Thanks! I will still wait for my 3D parts and see the difference and just mount the one I like the most, but it's quite cool to have a stimpak built out of real objects... I'll post pictures soon ^^

Yeah I'm wondering now what else was based on real objects. The first "Hmmm..." moment was when someone said that a alternator rotor was used on the Laser Musket, now this.

Okay guys, so I received the real gauge, it doesn't look too bad, but it's a bit disproportionate! It's still look cool though. I had to sand down a little bit of it, as I think it was way too long. I am maybe tempted to sand down more of it? What do you guys think?

DSC_0197.jpg

I will wait on my 3D parts, see how it looks :p

I have also been working on the gauge face, would be nice printed on some paper with a vintage effect on it:

designgauge.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back