Fallout 4 Prop Thread

skyconlb

Fallout 4 is in full gear. We now have more than enough gameplay and base trailers to obtain some good resources. Post your screen-grabs, concept art, trailers, or any other Fallout 4 prop/costume finds here. Also post any prop or costume progress you have here!

Fallout 4 Anouncement Trailer-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4
Fallout 4 E3 Presentation-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_YHgo_HN4

Last edited:
I'm sure we're going to see new weapons and items and maybe even some from the older games that got no love in 3 or NV. I really wish i could afford a retro soda machine to redo as a Nuka one. The really old standup coke machines would at least have the styling. I think there are repros out there but pricey.

I'm sure we're going to see new weapons and items and maybe even some from the older games that got no love in 3 or NV. I really wish i could afford a retro soda machine to redo as a Nuka one. The really old standup coke machines would at least have the styling. I think there are repros out there but pricey.

Thinking as a engineer i can't help but think it might be cheeper to 3d print your own all you would need is a simple mechanical system to drop a bottle since theres only one option (quantums and victories wouldn't really something you pick like our soda machine either its just a random slot in there you get by luck as it cycles down throug hthe inventory or you just get a normal nuka) then you just need to build a big box with shelve to put them in tilt each shelve a bit to the right so as one drops out they all slide over until one drops into the hole at the end of a shelf to drop to the next shelf. Really the only hard part is the size youd have to print it in multiple parts, chemically weld them and sand them smooth and that's about it.
fallout4 nuka dispense notes.jpg

Last edited:
I've started work on 3D modeling the new Pip-Boy. I captured images from the trailer but am missing a couple angles of it, not shown in the trailer. The new design is similar, but has more blended shapes. The FO3 Pip-Boy 3000a was almost all sweeps and primitive geometry shapes. The new design is cool, a fun challenge to model.

Untitled.jpg

I want to know what this is, its like a mashup of a broken laser pistol and a lever action rifle of some sort. This is the far left part of the screen shot with the power armour in.

the wall paper has a couple shots of it on a workbech would that be any help?

The view of the Pip-Boy on the workbench helps a little bit... but its so small. I need the front face/bottom view. I'm going to wing something based on judgement and FO3 version once I get to that area.

View attachment 487730

I want to know what this is, its like a mashup of a broken laser pistol and a lever action rifle of some sort. This is the far left part of the screen shot with the power armour in.

It the same gun/rifle you can see him carry in the end of the trailer , mostly hidden by his body.

- - - Updated - - -

I've started work on 3D modeling the new Pip-Boy. I captured images from the trailer but am missing a couple angles of it, not shown in the trailer. The new design is similar, but has more blended shapes. The FO3 Pip-Boy 3000a was almost all sweeps and primitive geometry shapes. The new design is cool, a fun challenge to model.

Are you going to make it into a Pepakura model? :)

That would be my guess. It reminds me of that gun from Fallout 1 or 2 called a Pipe Rifle. This one has a laser rifle scope attached. Well at least something resembling one.

Thinking as a engineer i can't help but think it might be cheeper to 3d print your own all you would need is a simple mechanical system to drop a bottle since theres only one option (quantums and victories wouldn't really something you pick like our soda machine either its just a random slot in there you get by luck as it cycles down throug hthe inventory or you just get a normal nuka) then you just need to build a big box with shelve to put them in tilt each shelve a bit to the right so as one drops out they all slide over until one drops into the hole at the end of a shelf to drop to the next shelf. Really the only hard part is the size youd have to print it in multiple parts, chemically weld them and sand them smooth and that's about it.
View attachment 486969

I think that traditionally, on those kinds of vending machines, the bottles lay horizontally. You can also see it would likely be this way from the rotating mechanism visible inside the machine. But I don't know, I'm no expert on classic vending machines lol

I think that traditionally, on those kinds of vending machines, the bottles lay horizontally. You can also see it would likely be this way from the rotating mechanism visible inside the machine. But I don't know, I'm no expert on classic vending machines lol

yeah i cross posted to the fall out 4 reddit and got a similar response which also makes the top loader make more sense, if i was any good at 3d modeling i would so male a STL of it still the idea is pretty cool 3d printed ice chest that dispesses nuka cola ftw.

heres a video that takes a closer look fro mthe HD trailer as well

Last edited by a moderator:
The view of the Pip-Boy on the workbench helps a little bit... but its so small. I need the front face/bottom view. I'm going to wing something based on judgement and FO3 version once I get to that area.

It's because people made resin-cast from the Pipboy clock that came with the collector's edition; it's smaller and had simpler look. Pipboy 3000 in the game had rounder edges. I have the Pipboy clock, but I never use it as a costume piece. I scratch-built one with foam.

If FO4 is using the same Pipboy 3000, it should look same as in FO3 and New Vegas.

It's because people made resin-cast from the Pipboy clock that came with the collector's edition; it's smaller and had simpler look. Pipboy 3000 in the game had rounder edges. I have the Pipboy clock, but I never use it as a costume piece. I scratch-built one with foam.

If FO4 is using the same Pipboy 3000, it should look same as in FO3 and New Vegas.

Except as th video above shows it does not

Um, huh?

Afraid I don't understand. What is because people made resin casts from the pipboy clock? What does that have to do with the new pipboy?

Also, I have a suspicion that the new pipboy is not a 3000 model, either. I have no proof of this, just a suspicion. But I'm willing to bet it will be another model outright, like the pipboy 4000 or something.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back