Fallout 4 Prop Thread

............Also, just another quick question: I have some difficulties to see the colours of each wire, is it red and black? Or red and green? Or both black?...............

I can't tell either. From the pics they look so thin I can't see anything but black. Might wanna "inspect" the item in game to see.

It looks red and green to me, but it's so thin, it's hard to tell:

Screen_Shot73.png

Also, I am having some difficulties knowing what I could put on the side for the 2 little things (no idea what they are xD), anyway, I thought about these screws I sanded down and have them repainted, but I'm not too sure, any ideas?

DSC_0339.jpg

The side objects look like they could be regular button head, or round head screws to me. (Search McMaster for screws shapes)
The wires look like coated copper wire, you can get it in lots of colors as well as thickness.

I started looking at doing the blueprint for the institute pistol. It is stupid big. I did not include the pistol grip, but I took a picture with my hand for scale. It is about 19"/483mm long.
blueprint 1.jpgblueprint 2.jpg

Yeah, according to the Art of Fallout 4 book, the Institute rifle/pistol was modified so that they could use the same aiming/firing/loading animation points as the human laser weapons.

FWIW, there's a model of the Institute Laser Rifle on Thingiverse. It's mostly complete, though lacking some details. It's very handy as a starting point. (I suspect it was based on an extracted game model.)

As for the weapon itself, it looks simple, but it's deceptive. I've had lots of trouble trying to get things actually made; the gun isn't easily constructed or assembled from components.

Hi everyone i thought you guys might like to see my progress on my laser rifle build (I know everyone does laser rifles), I'm building it as part of my girlfriends raider cosplay for the Manchester (UK) MCM comicon, after looking at your builds i know its not quite as stunning as some of your work but i'd like to make a contribution, I'm not best at putting words down in written form so i like to make videos of my builds i feel i can put myself across better that way, anyway enough rambling here's some pics and links.

DSCN3117.JPGDSCN3105.JPGDSCN3119.JPGfusion cell - Copy.jpgDSCN3170.JPGDSCN3276.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3co1bJ16uU&list=PLRIbIx7PnTNbI6_okabPGSHYILzwok-we

Thanks for looking

Awesome. Must have taken ages to take all that footage, edit it up for us. Thanks a bunch, it's really interesting stuff. Moar, moar, as the kids say. :)

The editing took longer than the filming but it's what I like to do in my down time, just put on some music and veg in front of the pc play with video editor, The filming I generally just point the camera at what i'm doing turn it on and just work. I'm not the best with the written word (I wish I was) so I just find it easier to just show people. I am aware that to a lot of people the talking bits can be quite boring to watch so I try to keep it to a minimum, and just try and show the making footage.

Thank you for the reply

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back