Fallout 4 Prop Thread

Laser Pistol Looks Awesome!

Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Front_02.jpgA bit more progress on the mkIV...

Tweaking and tweaking. Went backwards a little bit getting the overhang closer to correct at the holodisk door and the bracer on the backside. I need to redo the bezel and front plates rolls now. Bit by bit...
Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Front_04.jpgPip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Back_02.jpgPip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Back_03.jpg

A few new renders of progress. Trying to fillet some of the complex corners is tough and causing errors. I keep going around in circles rebuilding and rebuilding the surfaces, curves and relationships. I'll probably ending up working some the edges by hand after printing. Still need the back hood sweep, eject button, front box metal Edge, Bezel Hood, fillet and join what I can and a couple more knobs. So, lots to still complete on the top. Haven't even started the bottom but have decent set of references from screen captures now.

Attachments

• Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Front_03.jpg
    Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Front_03.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Back_05.jpg
    Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Back_05.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 285
  • Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Back_04.jpg
    Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Back_04.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Front_05.jpg
    Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Front_05.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 217
I'm planning on making the Fallout 4 BoS armor and laser musket. I'm working on a couple comissions (and scrambling to finish all the work pre-DragonCon in 35 days! :gonk:) but really looking forward to jumping on this project after the con and once we get more reference photos.

My big question so far is we've seen the power armor in the workshop (plus I think there was a shot somewhere in the trailer? I would have to go back and check) - but have we gotten a glimpse of actual BoS, Enclave, or other faction (?) armor types? Or I'm wondering since it looks like Bethesda made everything in this game super modular and customizable, esp the weapons, that maybe they'll be doing the same for power armor?

Either way, worbla and foam on order. Looking forward this prop build in a couple months!

Greetings, programs! I am very interested in 3D printing and have been working on a bunch of stuff for my own collection and follow a lot of forums on the printing industry as well as props and such. I happened to stumble across this about an hour ago. Not to derail the fantastic work Zookone is doing on his 3d model, but there is this one.

http://ytec3d.com/pip-boy-3000-mark-iv/

He amazingly enough offers the files for free under the Creative Commons license. Lights, opening cassette holder, and space for your phone are all included. Not sure you could print it for less than the $120 the "real" one is supposed to come out for, but if your adventurous enough, give it a go. Wish my skills were good enough to do something like this. Definitely some engineering going on here.

I toying with resin casting the new nuka-cola bottles but can't pin down the shape and size.

Are there any other pictures of the nuka-cola rocket bottles than these?
attachment.php

So next question, how tall are these things? Using a standard bottle cap as reference, it should be about 10 oz or 6 inches high. Based on the larger bar photo, they look closer to 9-10 inches but the bottle cap would need to be 1-3/4". Seems odd that they would use a non-standard bottle cap. Any help is appreciated.
bottle model.jpg

Attachments

• bottle%u0025252520composite.jpg
    bottle%u0025252520composite.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 271
  • bottle composite.jpg
    bottle composite.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 2,516
No problem. I found a similar font in word and im penciling in the differences. Turning this hat into a red rocket hat with nuka cola partnership labels.uploadfromtaptalk1440448143155.jpg

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Im a bit bummed they had to change up the 10mm pistol. it has been almost the same for all the games.

Actually, the 10mm pistol has been changed quite a bit since Fallout 1 and 2. In Fallout 1 and 2, the 10mm pistol had a revolver type cylinder where the rounds were loaded. The design of the 10mm changed for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Instead of a cylinder, rounds were loaded into a magazine and then the magazine was loaded into the bottom of the pistols grip. Not sure what model this new 10mm pistol is.

For reference:
Colt 6520 10mm Pistol (fallout 1 and 2)
N99 10mm Pistol (Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas)

Actually, the 10mm pistol has been changed quite a bit since Fallout 1 and 2. In Fallout 1 and 2, the 10mm pistol had a revolver type cylinder where the rounds were loaded. The design of the 10mm changed for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Instead of a cylinder, rounds were loaded into a magazine and then the magazine was loaded into the bottom of the pistols grip. Not sure what model this new 10mm pistol is.

For reference:
Colt 6520 10mm Pistol (fallout 1 and 2)
N99 10mm Pistol (Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas)

Yup. First version was a revolver. The Fallout 3 version is basically a dressed up Desert Eagle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back