Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Jun 15, 2015, 9:45 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #26

nekollx said: View Post
    na its still the 3k bit from the stream i saw from the boot screen its called the 300 version 4
    Where does it say that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (130).png 
Views:	366 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	489654
    Jun 15, 2015, 9:58 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #27

Fishbowl said: View Post
    If you haven't seen the keynote, the guns aren't the guns in the game, but those three were built using the modular weapons system they were demoing, so there are now (I think they said 750 variants) a whole bunch more possible weapons to build/use.
    No I haven't seen the keynote. So I guess we'll have to hoard all the parts for weapon customization.

By the way, is it the official image of the new pip-boy that comes with collector's edition?

https://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordp...94-0.png?w=738
    From
    South, UK
    Jun 15, 2015, 10:00 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #28

narutoishere said: View Post
    No I haven't seen the keynote. So I guess we'll have to hoard all the parts for weapon customization.

By the way, is it the official image of the new pip-boy that comes with collector's edition?

https://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordp...94-0.png?w=738
    Yep that's the official image. That's actually the best one, otherwise it's just an image showing how you put a phone into it as a second screen.
    Jun 15, 2015, 10:32 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #29

Yep that's the official image. That's actually the best one, otherwise it's just an image showing how you put a phone into it as a second screen.
    Thanks. Yes, it is official. It's listed at USD119.00. I have just placed a pre-order.
    Jun 15, 2015, 10:38 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #30

Here's the Pip-Boy segment from the keynote showing off the new look and some of the new functions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_T6k38P9ws
  6. CynderBloc is offline CynderBloc
    Jun 15, 2015, 10:49 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #31

If you haven't seen the keynote, the guns aren't the guns in the game, but those three were built using the modular weapons system they were demoing, so there are now (I think they said 750 variants) a whole bunch more possible weapons to build/use.
    It was 50 base weapons with over 700 modifications for them.

I had planned out a system years ago for casting modular parts for Borderlands weapons, but I realised it would probably need a team working on it and never got around to doing it. Would be amazing if someone did manage to get a group together to pull it off though. EDIT: Pull it off for Fallout I mean

Also, was that Kommissar in his Vet Ranger outfit waiting outside when they were talking to the fans in the pre-show?
    Last edited by CynderBloc; Jun 15, 2015 at 11:01 AM.
    Jun 15, 2015, 10:56 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #32

GhostMinion said: View Post
    Where does it say that?

Name:	Screenshot (130).png 
Views:	366 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	489654
    It says on the RobCo Industries stand, "Pip-Boy Model 3000 Mk IV". The stand comes with the Fallout 4's Pipboy edition.
  8. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Jun 15, 2015, 11:02 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #33

It says on the RobCo Industries stand, "Pip-Boy Model 3000 Mk IV". The stand comes with the Fallout 4's Pipboy edition.

Ah, good. Thanks!
    From
    New California Republic
    Jun 15, 2015, 2:03 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #34

Dope, that video had the last of the views that needed. Mk IV's is funky little thing to re-create but practiced a lot of different methods in Rhino this weekend, the soft shapes with the beveled edges are are giving me challenges.
    Jun 15, 2015, 3:00 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #35

zookone said: View Post
    Dope, that video had the last of the views that needed. Mk IV's is funky little thing to re-create but practiced a lot of different methods in Rhino this weekend, the soft shapes with the beveled edges are are giving me challenges.
    Another interesting thing in the video is Power Armour T-60/T-60B.
  11. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Jun 15, 2015, 5:32 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #36

Another interesting thing in the video is Power Armour T-60/T-60B.

Yes. Very interesting indeed.
  12. robotboy is offline robotboy
    Jun 17, 2015, 10:47 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #37

Hey all I just started working on the new Nuka Cola bottle I have the files 3d modeled just have to find a printer I plan to get it printed in brown abs and have it acetone vapor smoothed,\

From
    New California Republic
    Jun 21, 2015, 12:30 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #38

Couple progress shots of the mkIV model I'm working on in Rhino. Thinking of building it around a 3.5" Screen and Rassberry Pi. I still don't have a good reference shot of the back bottom edge of the Pip-Boy where the hinge is. The hard area to model is going to be the front curved faces and clasp. I think I'm starting to dial in the scale and relationships though finally, so I thought I'd share what I've been up to.

Name:	Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Back.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	491858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Front.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	491859
  14. CynderBloc is offline CynderBloc
    Jun 21, 2015, 6:14 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #39

[QUOTE=zookone;3678166]Couple progress shots of the mkIV model I'm working on in Rhino. Thinking of building it around a 3.5" Screen and Rassberry Pi. I still don't have a good reference shot of the back bottom edge of the Pip-Boy where the hinge is. The hard area to model is going to be the front curved faces and clasp. I think I'm starting to dial in the scale and relationships though finally, so I thought I'd share what I've been up to.
    /QUOTE]
    There was an article on Kotaku earlier about the Pip-boy edition. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone started working on one that would look far more in-game than the official one. Looking good!
  15. Io, Saturnalia! RPF Premium Member Mike J.'s Avatar
    From
    Tampa Bay Area
    Jun 21, 2015, 7:11 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #40

Those bottles look to be inspired by the early 'fat' Coke bottles, before they got more streamlined:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	?????-19248769.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	492045  
    Jun 22, 2015, 7:37 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #41

Couple progress shots of the mkIV model I'm working on in Rhino. Thinking of building it around a 3.5" Screen and Rassberry Pi. I still don't have a good reference shot of the back bottom edge of the Pip-Boy where the hinge is. The hard area to model is going to be the front curved faces and clasp. I think I'm starting to dial in the scale and relationships though finally, so I thought I'd share what I've been up to.

If you are successful with this Pip-boy, would you consider doing a run of them?
    From
    USA - IL
    Jun 23, 2015, 12:52 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #42

They are really low quality, but does this help any?

Name:	pipboy help.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	492688
  18. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Jun 24, 2015, 8:24 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #43

While I know that the Pipboy from F3 wouldn't be a "Fallout 4" prop technically, I'm wondering if anybody will make some Fallout 3 pipboys that will fit the same mobile device as Bethesda's pipboy, so you can use the second screen app with it.
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Jun 24, 2015, 11:41 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #44

While I know that the Pipboy from F3 wouldn't be a "Fallout 4" prop technically, I'm wondering if anybody will make some Fallout 3 pipboys that will fit the same mobile device as Bethesda's pipboy, so you can use the second screen app with it.
    Not sure, but does skruffy still do his castings? Would that work? I hear good things...
  20. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Jun 24, 2015, 11:59 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #45

skyconlb said: View Post
    Not sure, but does skruffy still do his castings? Would that work? I hear good things...

Don't know if it would work or not. I myself am hoping for one that isn't cast from the F3 collector's edition clock, honestly.
    Jun 25, 2015, 9:09 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #46

anyone know if the new 10mm pistol is based off of anything? it looks really cool, i think its a nice update to the oriiginal rectangualr design.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hp...95600751_n.jpg
  22. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Jun 26, 2015, 6:22 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #47

mrcarkeys42 said: View Post
    anyone know if the new 10mm pistol is based off of anything? it looks really cool, i think its a nice update to the oriiginal rectangualr design.

I don't think it's based off of a real gun, traditionally the 10mm has always been "it's own thing" in Fallout.

Honestly, I'm torn half and half on this one. The new one does look cool, but I'm disappointed they changed it. I rather liked the boxy, over-tactical look of the previous one. While it would be impractical as a carry pistol in real life, it just looks beefy, and fits well in this series.

Funny thing I noticed playing Fallout 1 a couple weeks ago...........if you look close enough, you'll see that the original 10mm pistol was in fact a revolver. It sports an autoloader look in the body, but look close and you'll see the cylinder sticking out the side.
    From
    Kent, UK
    Jun 26, 2015, 3:01 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #48

I don't think it's based off of a real gun, traditionally the 10mm has always been "it's own thing" in Fallout.
    Actually in Fallout 3 and FNV, the 10mm pistol bares some resemblance to the desert eagle, especially the sights and the slide but yeah for the most part, it has it's own look.
  24. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Jun 26, 2015, 3:24 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #49

drjag said: View Post
    Actually in Fallout 3 and FNV, the 10mm pistol bares some resemblance to the desert eagle, especially the sights and the slide but yeah for the most part, it has it's own look.

Yeah, the base framework for the F3 version is based off of that of a desert eagle. I was talking about the new one not being based off of a real gun. And even then I'm not sure, but I don't believe it is.
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Jun 30, 2015, 1:30 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #50

mrcarkeys42 said: View Post

I was thinking it looks a bit too much like the settler pistol in the game rage. (Which was also made in part by bethesda.) Immediately in seeing the gameplay it put me off. I also liked the 10 mil from Fallout 3. It fit. This one in a sense seems 'too practical.' Though the one in Rage is a revolver.

Fallout 4:

Rage:
    http://www.primagames.com/media/file...ugh/pistol.png