Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Jun 3, 2015, 3:10 PM - Fallout 4 Prop Thread #1

Fallout 4 is in full gear. We now have more than enough gameplay and base trailers to obtain some good resources. Post your screen-grabs, concept art, trailers, or any other Fallout 4 prop/costume finds here. Also post any prop or costume progress you have here!

Fallout 4 Anouncement Trailer-
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4
    Fallout 4 E3 Presentation-
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_YHgo_HN4
    Last edited by skyconlb; Jun 24, 2015 at 3:20 AM.
  2. Wes R is offline Wes R
    Formerly cobalt crimson
    Jun 7, 2015, 3:28 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #2

I'm sure we're going to see new weapons and items and maybe even some from the older games that got no love in 3 or NV. I really wish i could afford a retro soda machine to redo as a Nuka one. The really old standup coke machines would at least have the styling. I think there are repros out there but pricey.
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jun 8, 2015, 6:13 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #3

Wes R said: View Post
    I'm sure we're going to see new weapons and items and maybe even some from the older games that got no love in 3 or NV. I really wish i could afford a retro soda machine to redo as a Nuka one. The really old standup coke machines would at least have the styling. I think there are repros out there but pricey.
    Thinking as a engineer i can't help but think it might be cheeper to 3d print your own all you would need is a simple mechanical system to drop a bottle since theres only one option (quantums and victories wouldn't really something you pick like our soda machine either its just a random slot in there you get by luck as it cycles down throug hthe inventory or you just get a normal nuka) then you just need to build a big box with shelve to put them in tilt each shelve a bit to the right so as one drops out they all slide over until one drops into the hole at the end of a shelf to drop to the next shelf. Really the only hard part is the size youd have to print it in multiple parts, chemically weld them and sand them smooth and that's about it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fallout4 nuka dispense notes.jpg 
Views:	687 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	486969
    Last edited by nekollx; Jun 8, 2015 at 6:36 AM.
    From
    New California Republic
    Jun 9, 2015, 1:31 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #4

I've started work on 3D modeling the new Pip-Boy. I captured images from the trailer but am missing a couple angles of it, not shown in the trailer. The new design is similar, but has more blended shapes. The FO3 Pip-Boy 3000a was almost all sweeps and primitive geometry shapes. The new design is cool, a fun challenge to model.
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jun 9, 2015, 11:25 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #5

the wall paper has a couple shots of it on a workbech would that be any help?
  6. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Jun 10, 2015, 1:52 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #6

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	1072 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	487730

I want to know what this is, its like a mashup of a broken laser pistol and a lever action rifle of some sort. This is the far left part of the screen shot with the power armour in.
  7. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jun 10, 2015, 3:50 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #7

it feels like a Wazer rifle with a exted barel for focusing lenes
    From
    New California Republic
    Jun 10, 2015, 11:37 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #8

nekollx said: View Post
    the wall paper has a couple shots of it on a workbech would that be any help?
    The view of the Pip-Boy on the workbench helps a little bit... but its so small. I need the front face/bottom view. I'm going to wing something based on judgement and FO3 version once I get to that area.
    From
    Sweden
    Jun 10, 2015, 4:25 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #9

lilykill said: View Post

I want to know what this is, its like a mashup of a broken laser pistol and a lever action rifle of some sort. This is the far left part of the screen shot with the power armour in.
    It the same gun/rifle you can see him carry in the end of the trailer , mostly hidden by his body.

- - - Updated - - -

zookone said: View Post
    I've started work on 3D modeling the new Pip-Boy. I captured images from the trailer but am missing a couple angles of it, not shown in the trailer. The new design is similar, but has more blended shapes. The FO3 Pip-Boy 3000a was almost all sweeps and primitive geometry shapes. The new design is cool, a fun challenge to model.
    Are you going to make it into a Pepakura model?
  10. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Jun 10, 2015, 5:24 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #10

lilykill said: View Post

Homemade rifle?
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    Jun 10, 2015, 7:04 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #11

That would be my guess. It reminds me of that gun from Fallout 1 or 2 called a Pipe Rifle. This one has a laser rifle scope attached. Well at least something resembling one.
    Jun 10, 2015, 7:33 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #12

those short fat nuka cola bottles :o
  13. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jun 10, 2015, 8:31 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #13

The view of the Pip-Boy on the workbench helps a little bit... but its so small. I need the front face/bottom view. I'm going to wing something based on judgement and FO3 version once I get to that area.
    are you looking at the 4k pic http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-conte...jpg-64b4f3.jpg
    From
    New California Republic
    Jun 11, 2015, 9:24 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #14

Thanks for the 4K version. you can make out a little more with it.

Probably won't be a pep model. I typically 3D print my projects. I'll be building it in Rhino using nurbs. The model will end up being too hi-res for Pep.

-Z
    From
    Sacramento
    Jun 11, 2015, 10:17 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #15

Thinking as a engineer i can't help but think it might be cheeper to 3d print your own all you would need is a simple mechanical system to drop a bottle since theres only one option (quantums and victories wouldn't really something you pick like our soda machine either its just a random slot in there you get by luck as it cycles down throug hthe inventory or you just get a normal nuka) then you just need to build a big box with shelve to put them in tilt each shelve a bit to the right so as one drops out they all slide over until one drops into the hole at the end of a shelf to drop to the next shelf. Really the only hard part is the size youd have to print it in multiple parts, chemically weld them and sand them smooth and that's about it.

Name:	fallout4 nuka dispense notes.jpg 
Views:	687 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	486969

I think that traditionally, on those kinds of vending machines, the bottles lay horizontally. You can also see it would likely be this way from the rotating mechanism visible inside the machine. But I don't know, I'm no expert on classic vending machines lol
  16. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jun 11, 2015, 11:57 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #16

Utri said: View Post
    I think that traditionally, on those kinds of vending machines, the bottles lay horizontally. You can also see it would likely be this way from the rotating mechanism visible inside the machine. But I don't know, I'm no expert on classic vending machines lol
    yeah i cross posted to the fall out 4 reddit and got a similar response which also makes the top loader make more sense, if i was any good at 3d modeling i would so male a STL of it still the idea is pretty cool 3d printed ice chest that dispesses nuka cola ftw.
  17. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jun 11, 2015, 12:06 PM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #17

heres a video that takes a closer look fro mthe HD trailer as well
    Jun 12, 2015, 10:36 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #18

It's because people made resin-cast from the Pipboy clock that came with the collector's edition; it's smaller and had simpler look. Pipboy 3000 in the game had rounder edges. I have the Pipboy clock, but I never use it as a costume piece. I scratch-built one with foam.

If FO4 is using the same Pipboy 3000, it should look same as in FO3 and New Vegas.
  19. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jun 13, 2015, 5:28 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #19

narutoishere said: View Post
    It's because people made resin-cast from the Pipboy clock that came with the collector's edition; it's smaller and had simpler look. Pipboy 3000 in the game had rounder edges. I have the Pipboy clock, but I never use it as a costume piece. I scratch-built one with foam.

If FO4 is using the same Pipboy 3000, it should look same as in FO3 and New Vegas.
    Except as th video above shows it does not
  20. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Jun 13, 2015, 5:57 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #20

Um, huh?

Afraid I don't understand. What is because people made resin casts from the pipboy clock? What does that have to do with the new pipboy?

Also, I have a suspicion that the new pipboy is not a 3000 model, either. I have no proof of this, just a suspicion. But I'm willing to bet it will be another model outright, like the pipboy 4000 or something.
  21. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Las Vegas
    Jun 15, 2015, 4:53 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #21

Well they just announced a Pip boy edition of Fallout 4 with working lights, has a spot for most smart phones and an app that will run as a second screen while you are playing. It sounds very neat. I also noticed a new Nuka Cola bottle design in the preview footage as well as the new downloadable game. The bottles look like rockets, have four fins at the base of the bottle.
    From
    South, UK
    Jun 15, 2015, 7:21 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #22

Few guns from the keynote video that are pretty awesome (apologies that they're slightly potato quality due to the twitch stream):

Scattered Automatic Laser Rifle:

Tactical Junk Jet (would love to see someone attempt this!):

Automatic Plasma Rifle:
  23. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jun 15, 2015, 8:38 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #23

BlackMarketMagi said: View Post
    Well they just announced a Pip boy edition of Fallout 4 with working lights, has a spot for most smart phones and an app that will run as a second screen while you are playing. It sounds very neat. I also noticed a new Nuka Cola bottle design in the preview footage as well as the new downloadable game. The bottles look like rockets, have four fins at the base of the bottle.
    na its still the 3k bit from the stream i saw from the boot screen its called the 300 version 4
    Jun 15, 2015, 9:38 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #24

Pip-Boy 3000 Version 4, instead of Pip-Boy 4000. That made better sense, unless RobCo Industries somehow managed to develop a newer version before the fallout.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks fop the images. "Automatic" plasma rifle; I guess it'd work like Laser RCW in New Vegas.
    From
    South, UK
    Jun 15, 2015, 9:44 AM - Re: Fallout 4 Prop Thread #25

Pip-Boy 3000 Version 4, instead of Pip-Boy 4000. That made better sense, unless RobCo Industries somehow managed to develop a newer version before the fallout.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks fop the images. "Automatic" plasma rifle; I guess it'd work like Laser RCW in New Vegas.
    If you haven't seen the keynote, the guns aren't the guns in the game, but those three were built using the modular weapons system they were demoing, so there are now (I think they said 750 variants) a whole bunch more possible weapons to build/use.