Two New Thor Mjölnir Replica Hammers

Last edited:
I was speaking about this on this tread the other day.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=203010&page=9&p=3658472#post3658472
And my conclusion was that Cattoys make an acceptable work for an honest price.
But If I don't think about money, maybe I choose an artist hammer.

I had not seen the other thread but I just added some photos to it of the Cattoys hammer. Yes I think for the price it is a good replica. I got mine for what I thought was a bargain of $230 shipped to the UK. It did come with a number of minor surface scratches on the head but to be honest that doesn't bother me a) because it adds to a slight battle worn effect to the hammer and b) if I get fed up with them I can just rub them out with a scouring pad and still have a nice metal finish. Its not absolutely perfect but very few things are. Anyway I hope these comments help.

Hi, I don't have the EFX hammer as to be honest I wanted a metal one rather than a resin hammer. That is why I initially bought the Museum Replicas hammer. I have also not seen the Lager Toys one in person so cannot comment on that but I can confirm that the Cattoys Hammer has a metal head and metal handle, in fact the only part that is not metal is the leather strap. I know that some have mentioned that the handle is just painted but it would be quite easy to make a small template for the leather parts and then just cut them out of a piece of soft leather and glue them to the handle. I will probably do this. I am not trying to advocate one version of hammer over another as without seeing them all together in person it is really difficult to judge, all I am saying is I am a bit of a perfectionist and I took a chance with the Cattoys version and was very happy with what I received. I hope this helps.

Thanks for all the info! One last thing, is the handle butt made out of metal also, or is it plastic?

One from Cattoys, and the other from King Arts.

Anyone pondering either one of these? If so, which one and why?

The Cattoys has a metal head, but the handle is painted and the strap is leather (much like the Lager Toys). The King Arts' head is alloy or diecast, but the handle is leather as well as the strap

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzM0WDUwMA==/z/4-4AAOSw~OdVZYFu/$_12.JPG?rt=nc

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/iM181_fSZk4/maxresdefault.jpg

Are these good for cosplay and comic cons?

Are these good for cosplay and comic cons?

To be honest the metal Cattoys hammer will probably be too heavy for cosplay or cons, it could even be banned from cons as it could make a very useful weapon if need be, so you would probably be better off with one of the similar plastic or resin versions out there. Hope this helps

Who is your comment aimed at and what details are you looking for?

Hi there,
Apologies for being vague!
I have, in the mean time, sourced and had delivered the Cat Toys metal Mjolnir which I am very happy with. Thanks to all on here that spoke about their views on the various replicas which helped me make up my mind.

Could I ask anyone who has a replica Mjolnir and has mounted it on the wall, how did they do it? I would prefer not to attach it to a piece of board. My hope would be to have the hammer mounted with as little or invisible fittings, the hammer at the top, leaning slightly to the left.

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back