Fallout 4

You can set the distance between pupils to whatever you want, the number one problem when it comes to motion sickness is developers that do not implement VR gameplay the right way. I never get motion sickness anymore except in games that are quick cash grabs and the makers don't care about player comfort.

I sometimes spend 5 hours in Onward playing multiplayer and the only way i get a headache is if i have the headset on wrong. It's not super comfortable but when your playing you only start to notice it after a few hours.

The good thing is i can ride any rollercoaster now without getting nautious:lol

What constantly bugs me about this game is the lack of dialogue where there should be more. You can't really explain yourself at any point to Shaun and tell him why you're going against him (if you do). You can only say that people see them as the enemy. Oh and then, just having played this part, after you destroy the Institute Dr. Li tries to go all high morality on you like she didn't know the giant stompy robot that throws nukes would hurt anyone. I would have liked to have said "I just killed my own son, your problems with your morals don't matter right now!"

Anyway it still bugs the heck out of me that the BoS blows up the Institute, which would be about the best base you could have around there. They could have still destroyed their research, gotten rid of the scientists, or kept them and changed their focus to doing good. It would have been different if that then led into something dealing with Maxxon's perceived god complex (as Dr. Li says). The BoS says they are just getting started, then nothing. I don't know if a planned DLC was cut or what.

What constantly bugs me about this game is the lack of dialogue where there should be more. You can't really explain yourself at any point to Shaun and tell him why you're going against him (if you do). You can only say that people see them as the enemy. Oh and then, just having played this part, after you destroy the Institute Dr. Li tries to go all high morality on you like she didn't know the giant stompy robot that throws nukes would hurt anyone. I would have liked to have said "I just killed my own son, your problems with your morals don't matter right now!"

Fallout 4 introduced two new dialogue mechanics that wound up being more of a hazard than a benefit in the long run.

1. Player Character now has a voice.
No need to interpret what your character sounds like when they talk. It's all done for you! I was willing to give this new 'voiced pc' a chance until I came face to face with Kellogg. I was hoping that there would be options to handle this confrontation in multiple ways, but no. Every option causes my pc to go into a fit of obsessive rage. Since I didn't give a crap about the whole 'missing son' story line, hearing the pc sound so invested in this felt like the game was mocking me for not being invested. At that point, I was completely disconnected from my avatar into Fallout. That should never happen!

And having the pc be voice acted is a huge hinderance on mod creators who try to incorporate story driven content.

2. Four options
Never limit your responses. If you need only two responses, let there be two. If you need more than one, go all out! When you design your game to only give you four options to choose from whenever an interactive dialogue scene breaks out, you'll either wind up having the same answer repeatedly, or not having enough answers to let the players say what they want to say.

Anyway it still bugs the heck out of me that the BoS blows up the Institute, which would be about the best base you could have around there. They could have still destroyed their research, gotten rid of the scientists, or kept them and changed their focus to doing good. It would have been different if that then led into something dealing with Maxxon's perceived god complex (as Dr. Li says). The BoS says they are just getting started, then nothing. I don't know if a planned DLC was cut or what.

It's been revealed by some developers of Fallout 4 that the game wasn't so much written as it was shuffled around the studio with pretty much everyone incorporating their own ideas into the game. Not only did this demolish any kind of consistency from the main story and side quests, it also caused inconsistencies within it's own story! Take that stupid 'kid in the fridge quest' for instance.

A kid survives being trapped in a fridge since the bombs fell 200 years ago. Literally. He's been trapped in a fridge all by himself with no one to talk to and he has somehow not endured any kind of mental breakdown. After freeing the kid, some raider thinks this kid will make a good buck if he sold him as a slave. Wait, why would an ugly ghoul kid be worth money in a slave market? Oh, well. Doesn't matter. Anyways, you walk maybe three blocks from where the fridge was to find that his parents are still living in the same house for 200 years and never once came across that fridge. And it gets even better.

Bethesda has defended this quest by stating that the kid survived being trapped in a fridge thanks to being ghoulified and feeding off the radiation around the area. Let that thought sink in. If you're a ghoul, you suffer no physical or mental loss so long as you're exposed to a little radiation. If that's the case, why do ghouls in your settlements require food and water? Why do they take up resources that they clearly don't need? Never explained. This kind of story telling makes it pretty clear that no one was talking to each other about how their own rules for this universe works and just said ef it.

Also, there was an alternate ending with the BoS that was fully voiced where your pc would overthrow Maxson and become the new Elder with Danse's support. Makes me wonder if there were other endings for the other factions. Like once you take over the institute, you can actually change things around for the better with no more abductions and synth replacements. You turn the Institute into something that the Common Wealth would no longer be afraid of. But instead, they simply have your character declare that they'll run it the same way their son had. Ugh.

I have to say, after playing a few hours on my Vive, the floating gun/pipboy thing scares me a lot less. After a few minutes, seems like you don't even notice you don't have arms anymore ! Of course I'd still like to be able to see my arms, and my whole body actually, given fallout gives you gears and it's part of the fun, so I'd appreciate to see what I look like. But it's now more a a minor detail in my book. Manual reloading however I'd like to see, as well as 2 hands weapons. Eventually picking stuff up, but in other games I tend to loose tracking when trying to pick stuff from the ground. At least have the option to point and grap, or physically grab stuff then. And very curious to see how dialogues will be handled.

‘Fallout 4’ Makers Sued for $1 Million Over Use of ‘The Wanderer’ in ‘Repugnant’ Ads

Sounds like Dion DiMucci is trying to sue Zenimax over the use of 'The Wanderer' song. Apparently the commercials are too violent...........

“Defendant’s Commercials were objectionable because they featured repeated homicides in a dark, dystopian landscape, where violence is glorified as sport. The killings and physical violence were not to protect innocent life, but instead were repugnant and morally indefensible images designed to appeal to young consumers,” the lawsuit reads.

If that's one of their arguments they might lose. Homicide is killing maliciously and they can't prove that was what was happening in the trailer. Also they know nothing about the game when they think "violence is a sport in this future" is the premise of the game. At least play the game or get the opinion of someone who has played it before you write out your complaint! When I'm playing every person I've killed is bad or is to protect someone. It's also suspicious that this lawsuit came after they waited to see how many copies have sold. It smells like an attempted cash grab to me.

BTW just read a story on Gamespot about this and one of the commenters said to pay the suit in bottlecaps. :lol

Here's another cool mod, custom combat armor: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4865/?
For example here's my Vault Tec armor. I used medium because I figured a Vault wouldn't normally deploy heavy armor. The assault carbines are from this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24069/? with Vault Tec coloring (it's an option). It's also hard to see, but the chest armor has Vault Tec markings. That mod has options for adding various decals to chest and arm armor.

g74WYOk.jpg

lKxOqlI.jpg

The helmets are in the game, but I think there are only a couple so those were added with the console. My Vault isn't that great so I built some, but never finished as you can see from the lack of wall in those screenshots.

Last edited:
Just two more weeks before the VR release comes out, reports from the Skyrim port are better than i thought they would be so i'm hoping the same will be true for Fallout

I'm going for the brotherhood ending this time, and staying clear of Preston Garvey as long as i can:lol

Yeah, I completely avoided Preston. I was able to get on the roof of the chapel next door to the museum, and if you do it right, you can jump onto the vertibird. Then claim your Power Armor and the minigun, and off you go. No Minutemen bull****. :)

It's like a whole new game! :lol

I have trouble taking time to play a game and then playing it different unless the other options are equally as good. I just don't think anything other than BOS would be fun.

I thought if you didn't do the Minutemen stuff at the beginning you can't access the settlements?

I have trouble taking time to play a game and then playing it different unless the other options are equally as good. I just don't think anything other than BOS would be fun.

I thought if you didn't do the Minutemen stuff at the beginning you can't access the settlements?

You can access settlements without em'. For the settlements with people, they'll still ask you to do whatever it is they need help with, and once you've done the quest you can access the workshop. Just go to the workshop table and activate it.

For the ones without settlers already there, kill any enemies around, and then go to the workshop table. If you haven't killed all the hostiles, trying to activate the workshop table will result in a message telling you that there are some still left to eliminate.

I'm gonna try to build an above ground vault at the drive-through. Always wanted to do that, my first vault build was lame, total noob job.

I'm gonna try to build an above ground vault at the drive-through. Always wanted to do that, my first vault build was lame, total noob job.

I did that at the Boston Airport the first time around. Three levels if I remember right. Once you mod it so you can grow food and all that, you can have a pretty legitimate settlement.

Also, if you don’t want to do the Settlers annoying little quest, and you’re not playing a good character, you can usually just mordre them and claim the settlement. Darned, I would love to do a raider playthrought in VR, but no Nuka World. That sucks.

Whenever I had to choose a faction I would save the game and make a note of which save it was. That way I could restart from that point instead of having to re-play the whole game.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

I started playing this again because I watched the 76 trailer and wanted to play a Fallout game. So I'm back to the same thing in the last post I made in this thread. I start a game and think "I'm going to play different this time", but when I start playing none of the other options (besides BoS) seem fun at all. From what I've heard the Minuteman option seems like fun, but there are hardly any missions other than helping settlements, save the castle, then attack the Institute. I wish they had fleshed it out some more where you felt like you were actually building a fighting force. Have them go find power armor so they could equal the BoS; not fight, but show they are a force to not mess with. Go find weapons and recruit. It would made the other options more viable IMO. I would have had the Minutemen make a deal with the BoS to keep the peace. The Railroad just sounds like a bunch of hippies who don't see the threat the Synths pose.

From what I've heard the Minuteman option seems like fun, but there are hardly any missions other than helping settlements, save the castle, then attack the Institute. I wish they had fleshed it out some more where you felt like you were actually building a fighting force. Have them go find power armor so they could equal the BoS; not fight, but show they are a force to not mess with. Go find weapons and recruit. It would made the other options more viable IMO. I would have had the Minutemen make a deal with the BoS to keep the peace. The Railroad just sounds like a bunch of hippies who don't see the threat the Synths pose.

Thanks to all the frames I have and all the armor parts I've found or bought, then optimized and customized, they have eight power armor racks in the Castle, with eight Minuteman-painted T-45f suits... That they don't use. Stupid AI...

I'm still mad the painfully obvious solution isn't an option. Take over the Institute, bring in the Railroad to help rehabilitate the synths, ally with the Minutemen to solidify their role as protectors of the Commonwealth, help Danse oust (or just remove) Maxson from his leadership position and negotiate a workable peace with the BoS, where we share our tech with them in exchange for not getting into a messy fight where many would die on both sides. The way things could play into that with the synth at Riven City in F3, with the synths up in Far Harbor, the synths that have infiltrated the Commonwealth...

And then mad newly at Nuka World shoehorning the player in an inverse direction -- wipe out the tribes or help them attack the very settlements you've just spent all that time building up. Kinda plays into the same... "when you're wearing power armor people should react like you're wearing power armor" thing. Especially if one had already finagled an ending to the main game like I describe above. "This is your only choice." "Oh, yeah? Maybe I'll just ring up my buddy Danse and have him bring in his friends to explain otherwise, then let them have this place as a way of saying thank you." Or "Tell ya what -- I'm-a go bring a bunch of Institute Coursers out with me to explain how I'm going to run this park and everyone in it my way." Or like that.

One thing I've always been surprised that more people didn't complain about...………..

With Fallout 3, you had this infinite amount of cry babies whine about how the ending (pre-Broken Steel DLC) didn't make sense. If you had the ghoul or super mutant follower, you could not just get them to activate the purifier. A pity, too, as they'd be safe from the radiation. Instead, either you or Sarah have to do it, it's the only choices the game gives you. Now, I get the reason for the complaints, but at the same time I get why it was originally that way. It's a game that wasn't originally meant to be open ended (as many of the "purists" should remember, the original Fallout wasn't either). That said, it was worth Bethesda's time to change this in the Broken Steel DLC. And overall, it was awesome. Making the game open ended was sweet, but really only for the sake of playing the quests you may have missed. But still, it seemed to be the topic of relentless whining. It was, and still is, quite irritating.

Yet, you never hear any of them complain about Fallout 4's weak ass ending, that not only makes no sense, but is ball faced fakery.

You detonate what amounts to a nuclear bomb when you (if you) destroy the Institute. Now as many folks have pointed out, this would be stupid simply because it would waste a perfect area to live or start a settlement, complete with clean and fresh medical facilities, clean water, food, ect. But most people don't realize the overwhelming HARM you would bring to Boston by NUKING IT. The blast wave was well big enough to level Diamond City, as well as the rest of the surrounding area. Remember, CIT is only just across the river from Diamond City, well within the blast radius. Most of those settlements you created, they'd be wiped out. Unless all your settlements were Vault Tec vaults (and the Vault DLC didn't exists originally) they would not be able to withstand a nuclear explosion.

This has ALWAYS driven me crazy. How does something like this slip through the cracks when writing this stuff? Did a child write it? I mean, C'MON. Use a little common sense here Bethesda. Bombs were what got us here! You'd be starting the apocalypse all over again.

One thing I've always been surprised that more people didn't complain about...………..

With Fallout 3, you had this infinite amount of cry babies whine about how the ending (pre-Broken Steel DLC) didn't make sense. If you had the ghoul or super mutant follower, you could not just get them to activate the purifier. A pity, too, as they'd be safe from the radiation. Instead, either you or Sarah have to do it, it's the only choices the game gives you. Now, I get the reason for the complaints, but at the same time I get why it was originally that way. It's a game that wasn't originally meant to be open ended (as many of the "purists" should remember, the original Fallout wasn't either). That said, it was worth Bethesda's time to change this in the Broken Steel DLC. And overall, it was awesome. Making the game open ended was sweet, but really only for the sake of playing the quests you may have missed. But still, it seemed to be the topic of relentless whining. It was, and still is, quite irritating.

Yet, you never hear any of them complain about Fallout 4's weak ass ending, that not only makes no sense, but is ball faced fakery.

You detonate what amounts to a nuclear bomb when you (if you) destroy the Institute. Now as many folks have pointed out, this would be stupid simply because it would waste a perfect area to live or start a settlement, complete with clean and fresh medical facilities, clean water, food, ect. But most people don't realize the overwhelming HARM you would bring to Boston by NUKING IT. The blast wave was well big enough to level Diamond City, as well as the rest of the surrounding area. Remember, CIT is only just across the river from Diamond City, well within the blast radius. Most of those settlements you created, they'd be wiped out. Unless all your settlements were Vault Tec vaults (and the Vault DLC didn't exists originally) they would not be able to withstand a nuclear explosion.

This has ALWAYS driven me crazy. How does something like this slip through the cracks when writing this stuff? Did a child write it? I mean, C'MON. Use a little common sense here Bethesda. Bombs were what got us here! You'd be starting the apocalypse all over again.

I see your point, but in a series where we have super mutants, ghouls, little green men, and sentient androids, I'm more than willing to continue my suspension of disbelief here. Underground nuclear tests are/have been a thing and the institute seemed very underground. Also, given the fact that warheads are not all the same it seems within the realm of plausibility that a small enough warhead, detonated underground, could level the institute and immediate surface area without wiping out the entire play space.

I see your point, but in a series where we have super mutants, ghouls, little green men, and sentient androids, I'm more than willing to continue my suspension of disbelief here. Underground nuclear tests are/have been a thing and the institute seemed very underground. Also, given the fact that warheads are not all the same it seems within the realm of plausibility that a small enough warhead, detonated underground, could level the institute and immediate surface area without wiping out the entire play space.

All true.

But if you watch the actual moment you blow up the Institute, there is a huge outward explosion. This, as they presented it, would have leveled the area.

Screenshot (204).png

Looks to me like there is a shockwave raising dust going out from the explosion, but most of the destruction is actually moving vertically.

edit for typos.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back