Fallout 4

Yeah i got mine on amazon too. I already had a preorder for the normal so i just popped it over. I'm not missing out on the pipboy this time only for them to be 200.00 on ebay

Watched the gameplay trailer from E3, man that Pipboy looks HUGE on his arm! I don't know how much I like the voiced character to be honest, feels like a loss of flexibility to me. In the past I could gloss over story elements that interfered with my playthrough and characterization that I had in my head, but it seems like we'll be in less control of the character's demeanor with him/her having spoken dialogue. It seriously LOOKS great though, a real step into the "next gen" as it were.

Yeah i got mine on amazon too. I already had a preorder for the normal so i just popped it over. I'm not missing out on the pipboy this time only for them to be 200.00 on ebay
I went ahead and decided to get this version too. It was no longer available on Amazon or GameStop. I was able to find it on Best Buy. I'll have to cancel my Steam pre-order when I get home from work.

Edit: After seeing the second half of this I think I made the right call.
Update 2: It looks like it is sold out at Best Buy now. Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
So regarding the Pip boy edition, do we know what types of phones will fit in it? I'm on a Droid Maxx, and I think it's roughly iPhone sized, but I'm considering getting an iTouch just to fit it in the Pipboy.

So regarding the Pip boy edition, do we know what types of phones will fit in it? I'm on a Droid Maxx, and I think it's roughly iPhone sized, but I'm considering getting an iTouch just to fit it in the Pipboy.

I can confirm that the phone used in the slide show is a standard iPhone 6. Unless they change the fitting as seen in that picture, anything bigger than that will probably not fit.

Ordered mine a minute ago for PS4 on amazon.fr, they look like they still have stock. You might need to check outside the US guys, just need to check if they ship internationally ! I hope it fits an iPhone 6 plus, but if it doesn't, I kept my old 4S, he'll be put to good use then.

I need to figure out a way to make a display for the phone slot as I don't have a smart phone and can't afford a plan just to run the app.

I need to figure out a way to make a display for the phone slot as I don't have a smart phone and can't afford a plan just to run the app.

iPod Touch. It's iPhone 5 size but since that phone is still everywhere I would imagine the multiple foam fitting would be able to suit that model. Last I checked, my iPod Touch runs all the phone based apps I got that don't involve cellular signals.

Interesting but not great, they all have video compression and there's no indication as to which platform the game was running on during that demo.

I'm hoping Bethesda releases real screenshots between now and November. So far there's only one on the website.

Interesting but not great, they all have video compression and there's no indication as to which platform the game was running on during that demo.

I'm hoping Bethesda releases real screenshots between now and November. So far there's only one on the website.

I'm more concerned about the game crashing bugs that Fallouts 3 and New Vegas had that were frequent and unpredictable. As for which platform? Well, that should be obvious.

wscLiCX_zpsekhpxwz7.png

The video that those screenshots were captured from showed Xbox controller icons. They could have been using an Xbox controller on Windows, or it could have been running on the Xbox One. Either way i'd rather see more official screenshots like the 4K one on the website.

I dunno. My PC will likely run it fine, but it's less of a hassle on my Xbox. Also, achievements. Also also, iirc PC versions have had buggier releases in the past than console versions, see game breaking bugs from The Pitt and the New Vegas release that I largely didn't have to deal with on 360.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back