Fallout 4

So... when trashcan Sally rolls into town... is it possible to build walls up with no gates and trap here there, or would she magically escape if you fast travelled out or went to sleep?

These are now the kind of questions that plague me.

The NPC's can magically zap through walls. I've seen it at the Castle. I used the foundation blocks to re fortify the open gaps in the castle, and after the Defending the Castle quest, most of the settlers wound up outside the wall to fight the synths. After the battle, I actually watched an NPC sort of wiggle through the foundation block. All the settlers were trying to enter through that point as well.

I've noticed companions just appear wherever you are... too funny.

This is a pretty sweet repair job on the Castle.

v_DesnnpBJVS.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

Check out this awesome wall of power armor... it's like the post-apocalypse Iron man wall.

602a40e553ebea2e285a648e003522af76b712ef.jpg__0x1500_q85.jpg

I did the same thing except built a huge 8 story tower around the radio tower that I use as a lounge and command center. It's pretty sweet.

I think I might move from Sanctuary Hills to the Castle...

I tried moving people to other settlements. I didn't find anything that told them to move. Only to do the supply thing.

Also killed another Queen Mirelurk... over by the Downs place with the racing robots. I lured the queen over to there and let the raiders and bots deal with it and then finished it off. Much easier than playing cat and mouse with it.

I prefer my Power Armor room to look more like this. In all three playthroughs, the Power Armor depot is always the bottom floor, and where I set the spawn point.

2016-01-25_00001.jpg2016-01-25_00002.jpg

I never really get fancy with the building's layout. It's always a three story building. I've tweeked the floor sizing a bit through three playthroughs, with the third one having an extended bottom floor for more Power Armors.

2016-01-25_00003.jpg

The second floor is always the gun shop. I lay out my guns rather than store them in containers. Looks cooler, and they are easier to find. All the crafting tables stay here, for quick easy access.

2016-01-25_00004.jpg

Top floor is always the room with the bed. Seems to be the most popular spot for the settlers, despite making their pads sweet too. Anyways, the bedroom from my first playthrough came out better than this one, it looked more "wastelander", with random junk all over the place. I prefer a junky, more wasteland looking room, feels more authentic. Nicer buildings seem out of place here.

2016-01-25_00005.jpg

One thing I thought was beyond stupid was destroying the actual vault the Institute was living in. As soon as the evacuation order was given, I'd have moved all the NPC's I liked right in. Seems these people have no idea how awesome a hot shower would be, or a nice botany lab. These dolts can't imagine how great life would be if WE used this bad ass reactor the Institute made. Funny how the Brotherhood wouldn't think that way, either. Would make the PERFECT new headquarters for them in the Commonwealth.

But nope. BLOW IT UP.

Anybody wonder just how pissed off the people who lived within the blast radius would be after you pushed the button. I'm sure they were real pleased. Best for the Commonwealth, right?

Man I thought my layouts for my armor and base were good but you guys are way better at it. I think it's stupid you can't use the vault you wake up in as a base since it's all working except that cryopods. There's alot in this game that doesn't make sense like not being able to break down all the vehicle around the vault entrance.

Yeah, there's A LOT that doesn't make sense in this game.

I never understood Father's age, still. The recent memories of Kellogg showed Shaun as ten years old. Then the Courser tells Kellogg about Virgil's escape, before taking ten year old Shaun.

Where did the next fifty years happen? All the dialogue about Virgil seems to indicated he recently escaped. Just like Nick Valentine indicates Kellogg and "the boy" going missing recently. So.........were Kellogg's memories false, or what???

All Father can say to explain this very weak plot line is "Is it that hard to believe?".

Can anybody shed some light on something I missed?

I tried moving people to other settlements. I didn't find anything that told them to move. Only to do the supply thing.

In the same menu area where it shows supply line should be a command "move". Select it, and it will bring up a list of your settlements to choose from. Looks just like the list for choosing the supply line.

I think Kellog had the fake shaun there for a good while honestly testing the kid out to see if he could pass for human and that's the one everyone remembers. They didn't really do a good job explaining that fake shaun hadn't been created until recently as he was their newest prototype. What gets me is that you into Virgil's lab at the institute and everything is freshly dead, does nothing decay in the fallout games?

I never understood Father's age, still. The recent memories of Kellogg showed Shaun as ten years old. Then the Courser tells Kellogg about Virgil's escape, before taking ten year old Shaun.

Where did the next fifty years happen? All the dialogue about Virgil seems to indicated he recently escaped. Just like Nick Valentine indicates Kellogg and "the boy" going missing recently. So.........were Kellogg's memories false, or what???

The Shaun Kellogg was traveling with was the synth Shaun.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Kellog had the fake shaun there for a good while honestly testing the kid out to see if he could pass for human and that's the one everyone remembers. They didn't really do a good job explaining that fake shaun hadn't been created until recently as he was their newest prototype. What gets me is that you into Virgil's lab at the institute and everything is freshly dead, does nothing decay in the fallout games?

Well, considering I regularly eat 200 year old salisbury steak I'd say no. :lol

Remember, releasing the Vault Dweller was kind of an experiment. Father wanted to see what you would do, how you would adapt, and if you would look for him. So he creates the synth Shaun, pairs him up with the guy you saw kill your wife (who has been kept young with Institute tech) and sets them out into the Commonwealth as bait.

Kind of a dick move. :lol

But...........yeah, I thought Father explained to you that Synth Shaun was a prototype? That they were still experimenting with the emotional stimuli and such? I mean, they have him in a cage, away from everybody else for god's sake.

Ghostminion... your pad is pimp. Love your gun room.
Oh... I meant to ask. Once you read a magazine or find a bobblehead do you always maintain the perks? So if I put all my magazines in a rack and bobleheads on the display, I don't lose the perks do I?

I like the hall of armor in the other picture though.

I'm going to have to do some serious renovations once I figure out where to settle down.

But...........yeah, I thought Father explained to you that Synth Shaun was a prototype? That they were still experimenting with the emotional stimuli and such? I mean, they have him in a cage, away from everybody else for god's sake.

The newest prototype in a run of "Shauns" was what I took from that. But he's the one that was with Kellogg I think. The cage was for dramatic effect, knowing you were coming.

10 Year old shawn is a synth made to "ease" you to believe that your son could be 10 years old instead of and infant.. even thou you just left the vault, I believe father tells you this when you meet him. It seem like it was shaun that made the cryo pod let you go, because they did not have any use of you as backup human, Also because shaun was curious on how you would cope with it being 200 year later, if you still would search for him.

So, you get frozen in 2077, around 2227 they send Kellogg to get him from the vault and unfroze you and your wife, then they freeze you again.....2287 you are unfrozen the second time and leaves the vault in search for your son so i'm guessing sometime in 2286-2287 Kellogg is in the shack with 10 year old shaun.

Yeah, there's A LOT that doesn't make sense in this game.

All Father can say to explain this very weak plot line is "Is it that hard to believe?".

Can anybody shed some light on something I missed?

Yeah, I suppose I'd be even more pissed at Shaun if that was the case.

Now I don't feel sorry for slaying him. In my recent play through, I killed everybody straight away as soon as they let me in. Met the department heads, then left mines all over the place.

Funny thing about mines in Fallout 4. They don't set off when a non hostile NPC walks by them. Now, make that NPC hostile, and the mines become "active". So, long story short, everyone including Father died in a sequence of explosions after I attacked one of the Institute guys. Got banished, AND got to loot everything out of the place (thank god for the four ranks of the strong back perk).

Yet..........the Railroad still accused me of working with the Institute and kicked me out. :angry

Oh... I meant to ask. Once you read a magazine or find a bobblehead do you always maintain the perks? So if I put all my magazines in a rack and bobleheads on the display, I don't lose the perks do I?

You don't even need to keep them. The magazines sell for a pretty penny (or cap), and since you can derive no further use from them, why not? The bobbleheads likewise, but I prefer to keep and display them on the bobblehead stand.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back