Fallout 4

I agree and if it's all of them for 40.00 that's reasonable compared to what some companies want for one DLC.

It's $40 worth of DLC for only $30 but that's not for every single DLC they're going to release, that's only for one season's worth.

It's $40 worth of DLC for only $30 but that's not for every single DLC they're going to release, that's only for one season's worth.

True but at least that's several dlc, some companies now think a single DLC is worth 40.00 which I have yet to seen proven. I had to laugh at that video when the mini gun shreds him, it reminds me of the deaths in the first 2 games where you literally could just blow chunks out of the enemy before they fell over dead.

I have that set of the original 3 games coming in the mini nuke and my pc can't handle them so it's going on a shelf for now lol. Not sure what shelf as i'm low on shelving again though lol

Bah, I bought the Nuke for the Nuke. Unless I get one of those emulators for my Mac, it's just going to be a display pieces (at $50 it's not bad!)

I had restarted Fallout 3 just after the announcement of 4 and played it up until I got the YLOD on the PS3. I was able to reflow the solder and get another couple weeks and it went again. Oh well, I should be working on my Halloween costume anyway...

I need to sit down and play thru 3 to get all the achievements since i mastered NV already. The only game i ever actually got ever achievement for, it helps that there's no multiplayer achievements to make a mess of things.

I must be doing it wrong because I've been replaying all three Mass Effect games to pass time waiting for Fallout 4... :lol

I'm not real big on achievements because now you get them when you insert the DVD to install the game. I don't really need a pat on the back because I finished a level that I have to play to play the game! I could see if it was for something unique that you do in the game, I just don't like the "Everyone gets a trophy" mindset that seems to be creeping into games.

I agree, if anything the achievements that are nice to have are the ones that are insanely hard to get. There's literally a few games that you can get 300 gamer score in them for an hour of work. I do like getting them for finishing the game but that goes back to growing up with consoles were you had to tape or photograph the ending to prove you beat it lol

I must be doing it wrong because I've been replaying all three Mass Effect games to pass time waiting for Fallout 4... :lol

When it comes to how Bethesda and BioWare handled the reactions to their products' story, they both share some interesting similarities. Both studios made DLC in response to how poorly their "Part 3" games ended, though with different results. I give Bethesda brownie points since "Broken Steel" did actually fix some pretty big issues by changing what was there, while BioWare's extended dlc for Mass Effect 3 didn't really change anything.

I wonder how Fallout 4's ending will fare in terms of it's main story since the game can still be played past the main storyline. That kind of mechanic usually leaves things open ended. And bringing up Mass Effect again, ME2 did a bang up job in going this route since all the DLC storylines could be played 'after' the main story line and the game will acknowledge that within actual dialogue. I actually prefer ME2 to end with "Lair of the Shadow Broker" than it's main story ending since fighting a giant sized terminator who looks like he's playing "Peek-A-Boo" was pretty lame.

I'm betting that Bethesda will find a way to leave the ending open to tie it to the DLCs and who knows they may even eventually patch in an online mode since they killed Fallout Online. I think ME2 got that ending because that's about the time the writer left and those two hacks from EA took over the reigns and rewrote everything into ME3.

I'm betting that Bethesda will find a way to leave the ending open to tie it to the DLCs and who knows they may even eventually patch in an online mode since they killed Fallout Online.

If there's going to be any kind of Online mode in Fallout, it would most certainly be it's own thing and not something patched in later to an already existing game. The only way I see this working is if they developed an entirely different gameplay mode separate from the single player mode we'll be getting, and even there it would be more akin to Tomb Raider/Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer rather than a means of venturing in the main game's storyline.

If there's going to be any kind of Online mode in Fallout, it would most certainly be it's own thing and not something patched in later to an already existing game. The only way I see this working is if they developed an entirely different gameplay mode separate from the single player mode we'll be getting, and even there it would be more akin to Tomb Raider/Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer rather than a means of venturing in the main game's storyline.

Those the the online multiplayer modes I don't mind, having them as a separate thing is always the best idea even though Bioware kinda messed up at first making you have to play the MP mode to get the best ending.

Edit: I'm working on finishing up all i need to do for fallout 3 and man is the ps3 version buggy as hell. It's as bad as the 360 version of new vegas. The hardest part is going to be the playthru where you have to keep neutral karma. I also realized that i need to stop starting and stopping games as i forget where i am and what's going on. I just restarted one that i hadn't played in 2 years lol

Last edited:
Heh, I would. I have the original editions as they came out. I'm hoping these editions, like F3, doesn't require that stupid Microsoft account system and that F1, F2 and Tactics have been setup to easily run on modern computers.

Worse, it requires a steam account thus I won't be playing any of them as I have all the originals for GOG.com and can play F3/New vegas on my consoles.

It's not going to happen. If this was going to happen, it would've been included with the main game and announced at E3 as a feature as it would require many months of testing as opposed to DLC content which requires much less testing.

Last edited:
If Fallout Online were to happen Bethesda Game Studios would probably not be involved, ZeniMax has a seperate studio for that function who already developed TES Online. They killed Interplay's project because they wanted their version of Fallout to be the definitive version of the Fallout universe, Interplay's project direction looked vastly different in the pre-release screenshots that were teased from the game and I can see why Bethesda stepped in to regain total control over the franchise. I don't think it had anything to do with paving the way for their own version of Fallout Online.

On a more related note, I bought Fallout 4 on Steam as soon as it was available and every so often I go back and check the release timer.
This game will unlock in approximately 1 month, 6 days and 3 hours.

I'm just not a fan of steam which is why i get all the games I back on kickstarter from gog.com, actually they gave me the first few fallouts free when I signed up. Yeah Bethesda crushed fallout online when they bought the rights so I'm betting they're reworking it just like they've been using parts of the original Fallout 3 for New Vegas and other games in the series. I kind of wish they'd sell the mininuke and sleeves empty so we could use them for our console versions too. It'd save a ton of space. I kinda want to make a display box for this thing since the plastic is flimsy but i also hate ruining a mint item lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back