Lone Survivor Axe sniper rifle - Pics Fixed!

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys. So I loved Lone Survivor and decided I needed to replicate a weapon from the movie.

Q0soWqx.jpg

Why? Because you can never have too many movie guns!

Out of all the guns I had to go with Axe's sniper rifle.

Dth47PC.jpg

bAJkBDw.jpg

Took me a few months (and numerous purchases) to get the right base gun - MK12 Mod 1 SPR. Then all the bits to go with - retractable stock, PEQ box, Harris bipod, Leupold scope with red dot site on top, suppressor, quick release scope mounts, fore grip, gas block, sling adaptor plate, etc.

nAwjjg3.jpg

gnRQ0YE.jpg

L4ekqFh.jpg

41lxS85.jpg

Research

viase6m.jpg

Masked up ready for paint

LhWBxKu.jpg

Paint of choice (not the greens)

Cm7S818.jpg

Base coat

Z7YHQ5J.jpg

Camo'd using Maple leaves

up6NPYK.jpg

7Zm5iDU.jpg

Weathering

TFt0lzn.jpg

J7aW0If.jpg

cGLGhcP.jpg

The fake Mk4 Leupold isn't quite the right one, but I like the light-up green/red cross hairs

O5jY4Rh.jpg

Final clear coat (Rustoleum flat clear) and she's all done

uxyKYqS.jpg

GNapNam.jpg

2PuTn6X.jpg

gbEVik1.jpg

jtgZNVJ.jpg

All-in-all pretty happy with it. Obviously a few things not quite movie accurate (length of suppressor, scope, yet to add iron sites, etc) but looks the part.

3xypB9H.jpg

fAzkpAX.jpg

Pretty cool running around the house with a full blown replica sniper rifle. That's the beauty of airsoft these days, metal bodies and parts gives it a pretty real feel. Stoked as! :)

Last edited:
Lone Survivor Axe sniper rifle

Updated with full screen pics. :)

Last edited:
Great job! I can really get behind this. I'm working on making a hand made colonial era flintlock rifle. I've been cutting, carving, and sanding on a block of wood for days now. Finding more parts to look the part will be a challenge. This looks so good though! Your paint job is on point.

Great job! I can really get behind this. I'm working on making a hand made colonial era flintlock rifle. I've been cutting, carving, and sanding on a block of wood for days now. Finding more parts to look the part will be a challenge. This looks so good though! Your paint job is on point.

Thanks mate. Using real leaves for the camo was fun and kinda cool as that's how they do it for real.

Hey guys, I started an insta account just for my prop collection - tmax_props

Also, for the last week or so I’ve been posting stories and behind-the-scenes of Broken, the movie I wrote/directed. Follow along on fb or on
Instagram - tarrymortlock

Cheers,
T.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back