ST TNG Medical Tricorder Playmates Upgrade - Question for any ST TNG Upgraders?!?

Cameron

Sr Member
I am most of the way through a year long transformation of a Playmates Medical Tricorder into a more screen accurate version. I did lots of restructuring and Ive installed the GM Electronics. I am about to install the transparencies.

My question for those who have built a Tricorder is the: How do you attach the transparencies to the body? I also want/need to layer a frosted paper under the transparency.

Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_0595.JPGIMG_0596.JPGIMG_0597.JPG

When I did my standard tricorder I brushed on a thin layer of Micro Krystal Kleer. It's basically Elmer's white glue packaged for model builders. For the frosted section check at an arts/crafts store for tracing paper. A store like Wal-Mart should have tracing paper as well.

Hey Robiwon,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have the frosted paper. Its behind the graphics in the third shot. Did the MKK leave any bubbles between the layers? Did you brush it on the body as well or just the transparency?

Thanks again!

Just on the body. I had a few bubbles, nothing noticeable. Just brush it on as smooth as possible and let it go just a bit tacky first before applying your transparency.

It's been a while since I did one, but I remember just using simple 3M Spray Adhesive. It left no bubbles at all and was easy to clean up any residue before and after it dried.

As for the main screen graphics, I actually used a piece of silver Mylar paper behind the graphic to diffuse the LEDs. It gave it a really nice shiny effect. See below. I know this is a pic of a Science MOD...I don't have pics of the Medical one I did. Sorry. Hope this helps, though.

10.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back