Armorsmith - New Costume Design/Building Tool

Awesome! You're work is really valuable to the community!

Also chief's feet look comically large in your screenshot lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Awesome! You're work is really valuable to the community!

Also chief's feet look comically large in your screenshot lol

Thank you! Hahah the chief's feet are a perfect example of what happens if you don't do any scaling! Armorsmith makes it so much easier to catch problems like that.

Hey, I hope you're still working on this! I have a feature request.

I'd like to use this for patterning out metal armor for smithing. However, the papercraft-based output is not very helpful for that. What would be incredible is being able to join certain faces together (rather than having things split up quite as much as they are) in the software, and then output that entire face as a vector file. From there, people who have plotters can use the plotter to draw the pattern and then work from there.

Or, for a different approach to tackling the same problem, being able to unwrap a very large portion of a model (for example the entirety of a medieval breastplate) at once would be best. Taking a complicated 3d shape and making one contiguous 2d shape from it. Medieval armor is not nearly as complex in terms of surface adornments as scifi armor reproductions are, so this works pretty well.

I hope that makes some kind of sense. I can draw you a picture if it doesn't!

I am still working on the tool. I've been busy lately with Halloween so I haven't released any new builds.

I definitely understand what you mean, and I will have a look at what I can do. In games when we do a texture unwrap there's a tolerance parameter which allows you to specify how much distortion/stretch the UV's get during the unwrap. I could look at adding a similar parameter for unfolding to give you more of what you're looking for.

I'm also starting to work on the fabric pattern tools which have a lot of overlap in what you're looking for I think. Keep an eye out for future releases. I'm hoping to get another two alpha builds out before the New Year.

Man, I wish I knew computers so I could help with this. Seems like such a valuable tool!

I downloaded it and opened it, it opens a new window and it says Armorsmith at the top of the window, but that's it, the window is black and nothing happens... perhaps I am missing a necessary program as you had mentioned before in this thread.

I downloaded it and opened it, it opens a new window and it says Armorsmith at the top of the window, but that's it, the window is black and nothing happens... perhaps I am missing a necessary program as you had mentioned before in this thread.

Hi ntegra8d, thanks for giving it a try! If you have time can you answer the following questions, it will help me figure out what the issue might be.

Did you download the latest version? https://dl.orangedox.com/oGSpxVQfktvFusKbpS/Armorsmith_Stable.zip
Did the installer run without any problems? Did it install DirectX?
What kind of video card do you have and what operating system are you running?

I downloaded the alpha version by mistake, I just downloaded the most recent one and I as soon as I open it, error message ""Armorsmith has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution." Then it forces me to close the program.
-The installer worked like a charm
-I am running windows 7 64-bit Op Sys.
-Intel(R) HD Graphics video card
-System Log registers installation of DirectX9
Do you need any other information?

sweet had to search for this program from your youtube vids, you should definitely link the program on your youtube videos when you use it. So is this the latest versions here? Can't wait to try it at home, the scaling to the body is a must!

I know your busting hump on that Dragon Zord but just wondering if you had any feedback from my last post? Or if you have a firm release date the program?

I was having the same problem as Blackstar. I made a dropbox account thinking it would work, but I keep getting the same error no matter which link I click on

Hi guys. I just bought the progam and it wont run on my computer. it says 2 files are missing , d3dx9_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll . Im not a computer guy so l havent a clue what that means. lm running windows 10 if thats any help. is anyone else havingthis problem?

Bought Armorsmith program and got to say it rocks. Well worth the $15 for all the measuring problems I'll save.

Awesomeness confirmed. Armoursmith is fantastic. It is making my Reinhardt a breeze to do. And Randy's customer service is second to none. $15 is an awesome bargain for what is an amazing cosplay tool.
Thanks mate.

Thank you to everybody who gave Armorsmith such glowing reviews, you've convinced me to pick up a copy after the holidays are over and things have wound down a bit. I'm looking forward to getting back into costume building, and I think this might be the nudge that I needed!

Hi guys. I just bought the progam and it wont run on my computer. it says 2 files are missing , d3dx9_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll . Im not a computer guy so l havent a clue what that means. lm running windows 10 if thats any help. is anyone else havingthis problem?

Download DirectX9 from Microsoft's webpage, that's what's missing. Do not download individual .dll files from the internet, it won't work and they're often filled with viruses. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Nice work Dancing.
Curious though, (I haven't downloaded it yet) is there password protection so people can't steal and modify the models?
And if so, are there any coders/hackers out there that can try any tricks they may know of to remove the passwords (and help dancing make a stronger-encrypted program).

It looks like this is a scaling program. Any ideas on putting in some UNFOLDING features, and exporting file features like Pepakura? Be cool to have an all in 1 program....

I'll always be envious of you guys that can code and make programs. I'm just a modeller, and we rely on you guys to keep our work safe.

:Thumbsup

Also,
... it says 2 files are missing , d3dx9_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll

if you need .dll files, go here https://www.dll-files.com/msvcr71.dll.html

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back