Road Fury Steering Wheel! Please help me ID parts.

It was mentioned in earlier that the Chevy 210 horn ring is pretty close but the bevels don't match up.
I bought that same ring at a cheaper price.

The original wheel is a two spoke wheel, there is a picture of George Miller holding it.

I can easily 3D print all of it, but that is not the point. I rather have real parts.

The part that fits like a gas mask may be a tail light bezel or interior part as is the Cadillac logo, I check most all Caddy logos and have not found a match.

That Chevy 210 horn ring is the closest match I've seen. I'm pretty sure the ribbed circular part you referred to is a taper bearing, which should be easy to find. We still need to figure out what size it is exactly. Looks like the horn ring, gas mask "frame", and that derailleur thing are going to be tough to locate.

Abelugo, if you decide to 3d print that gas mask part I will buy one. Also, can you link where you bought your Chevy horn ring? Thanks!

I got mine on ebay it was just about 20-30 buck shipped. I guess I got a good deal- item number 281701995715
If your not in a hurry the actual model for the horn ring may surface eventually.
The black steering wheel that George is holding is really close to a 55 Chevy one.

I really rather hold out on the mask part.
I have searched and searched I'm starting to think its a bezel for like an arm rest or some interior dash or trim part, you can see the two sides go into one base.

bike tubing may be a good substitute, I may just run either black fine air line tubing or wire that is about that thick, just make sure it has a black sleeve. Probably in the range of .125", those ends do remind me of dash light holders. You may want to hit up a wrecking yard and take a few color prints and see what you can find.

The brass parts on the very end are mainly just fitting you can get on mcmaster-carr.

For the large bearing on the front, I mentioned before, I happen to have an old 1" harley tapered timken bearing, it should be just about right. I also thought most spindle bearing may work, I didnt get to see what the rough size was based on my enlarged image, but do note that a large bearing like that may run about 15-20 bucks new, about 2-5 bucks a at a wrecking yard.

Well I bought a 17" wheel, and while it looked correct with the cover on; once I stripped the cover off I realized the location of the slots are way different. This is a bummer because I can't find a 17" wheel that's any closer than this one. Perhaps the screen used prop was a knockoff or something
? IMG_20150811_160623957.jpg

Hey man, what part number did you get?, I thought I posted the one I was going to get, its one "Longacre 56813 17" Aluminum Steering Wheel", there seems to be two models, slots farther, slots close to the edge.

looks like 56815 has the slots like your model

either way it loos great, it has the weld in the center just like the screen used.
By the time you add all the doo-dads you won't be able to tell the difference.

I give you props for taking the plunge.

I've been on a rabid search this week for that bezel. I have about 3-4 different types of searches going, still nada

A thought on the wheel if you must keep it, you can elongate the slots on the closer ones, it bugs you that much.

I got the 56811 which, as far as I know, is the same thing as 56813 except with a black cover. The 56811/56813 look correct with the cover on but they aren't. I sure wish we could find the 100% correct steering wheel since it's the foundation of the whole prop. Good luck with the bezel, it will be a huge step forward if you find it.

Well its good you posted the part number, I was thinking the sellers may just be using a stock image of the 15" version or something?
I may just order a couple of them from a place I that has an ok returm policy to see what I get in hand.

Now Im pretty confused, cause I thought we had the steering wheel in the bag, another user said they were getting a wheel also.

On another note...
I'm pretty certain that the mouth bezel is either a parking light or tail light bezel. I found about two that may be close but not the exact thing.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think it is a 15" wheel after all. The 17s just aren't the right one and it looks pretty big for a hotrod in my hands. My f350 work truck has a 15.5" wheel. It might even be a 14"...

I saw they have 14" ones.
Did you get your wheel from Amazon? Too bad you the skin off.
Is the skin relatively thin?

I guess I have to go back to the drawing board on my horn ring aswell.

I actually found another horn ring that may work better but I don't know the size.

Uridium was the user that was buying a 15" I wonder how that worked out?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure the horn ring is from a 1957-58 Cadillac and I believe the emblem is probably from the same car. either a dash, interior or fender emblem. here is a 15" wheel from Jegs http://www.jegs.com/i/Longacre+Racing/441/56801/10002/-1. Here is a link to the horn ring. nice ones are gonna be pricey but the good thing is you don't need a nice one. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1958-58-Cadi...m-Caddy-OEM-/121731044699?hash=item1c57bc555b
still working on the mouthpiece. looks like a bezel or grille teeth.

hey Hotrod, I was thinking the same thing on the horn ring, I go the 57 150 model ring, but I know its not the correct one. The thing on the Cadillac one you suggested is the depth. It seems way deeper than longacre steering wheel, which is at most 2.5" deep.
Another tell is that the rear of the spokes blend into the rear of the ring.
Also if you collect enough images you can tell that the ring actually has two bends in the spokes, the Caddy one you mentioned is one bend/edge down the middle.
That is why I ruled it out on my list.

The one that seems similar is the 60's mopar one mentioned above, but I believe that one has inset grooves.

On the longacre wheel you posted, it seems that looks could be deceiving as the length between the slots and the ring is actually longer than it seems when you cut the foam off.
The is a non coated 15" that looks similar, but its hard to tell if its the same on the coated, you can tell the NUX wheel was previously coated as you can see the slit where the foam get trimmed on the spoke in pictures.

If you do end up getting one please update, I feel bad I insisted that it was a 17" model, but also info all over this board is haphazard and double and triple checking of images should be done.

As far as the mount piece, I have a search for taillights, bezels,trim and parking lights. It will eventually turn up. I imagine is a part for one of the cars used in the movie.

some parts in the realm of being similar to the mouth guard part
item # and name

261988947172 1951 - 1952 Plymouth Original LH Parking Turn Signal Bezel P/N 1345611

311438322479 1951 LINCOLN PARKING LIGHT BEZEL - XO-727 - MEL57

371434056033 1956 Pontiac Star Chief Tail Light Bezel Chrome - - P189[/h]

[/h]

131600813311 1957 CADILLAC ORIGINAL CHROME HEADLIGHT TRIM Coupe Deville Sedan *_*[/h]
[/h]
I know they are not the exact piece,just some thoughts.
[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm thinking the bearing size is 1.25" or 1.5" bore diameter. I can't decide which size to buy though.
How many rollers does it have? I (guesstimate) 14? I actually recently recycled a few worn out bearings from the rear end of my Mustang (pinion and carrier), but they were larger bore.

How many rollers does it have? I (guesstimate) 14? I actually recently recycled a few worn out bearings from the rear end of my Mustang (pinion and carrier), but they were larger bore.
Its all dependant on the size of the mask part in the end.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back