Mad Max: Fury Road - Nux Bird Bobblehead

TerminalSaint

I think this little guy from Fury Road would be a great addition to my dashboard:
JTlyqKi.gif

The skull looks like maybe a Raven to me, but I'm not an ornithologist. It is, of course, illegal to own any part of a raven under the Migratory Birds Treaty Act, but high quality castings of bird skulls are pretty easily available online.

My biggest problem at the moment is trying to identify the lower jaw.
Yo5Z3zc.jpghTkMvJP.jpgwunuwQL.jpg

Driving home today I noticed the base of a windshield wiper arm has a similar shape. It would also make sense in the context of the film. I'm just not sure if I've ever seen one that's so short. Maybe a rear window wiper?

If anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them.

Neat little prop! might make one myself for my own Dashboard. The lower jaw looks tricky, resembles a window wiper for sure, wonder if the venting at the mouth opening point to something else, they look like cooling plates off something small. I have ordered the Art book, should be arriving this week, if there are any photos of this i will post them up here for you.

Guys I was thing about this one also. I do agree with the bottom being a wiper, you have to spot them area where the wiper housing crimps onto the arm.
Here are some more caps I got, The base may be like an industrial pipe base or something.
fury road bird dash 2.jpgfury road bird dash 3.jpgfury road bird dash 4.jpgfury road bird dash1.jpg

I'm looking into making one of these, myself, but from what I'm seeing, but $50-$120 for a replica skull of a bird? I think I may be better off trying to sculpt the thing by hand.:lol

Last edited:
Did you try etsy? I see one for 9.50. But what is the estimate on the skull length? Its hard to tell the scale

Yeah, none of them really show/list size unless they're next to something smaller, but again, no real reference.

I just went to the hardware store and bought some materials. I'm gonna see if I can't build one myself from scratch. I'll put updates here, as I go.

I was meaning to put this up yesterday but I made some alterations to the skull further after I took these photos that I felt it didn't warrant me putting up "old" photos of it. Either way, I'm going to put this up.

I've been working on this for the past few days. Sculpted it out of Super Sculpey (I really hate this stuff, I finally remembered) and then extensively modified with Apoxie Sculpt. The basic shape, I think, is done for the most part; just some further refining to go. The jaw is made out of weld plate that I cut from a pattern I designed, again, it still needs some work. The mouth greebs and then some distressing is in my immediate future. Figuring out how to weld the spring to the jaw is something I've got to figure out, as well.

003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

Things I've done so far since these photos: cut more out the back of the skull so the jaw sits farther in and further back, trimmed down some of the jaw sidewalls, and then added some more definition to the skull shape.

Things I've got to do next: sand and refine the skull some more and then work on the mouth greebs.

Any and all thoughts are welcome!

I was meaning to put this up yesterday but I made some alterations to the skull further after I took these photos that I felt it didn't warrant me putting up "old" photos of it. Either way, I'm going to put this up.

I've been working on this for the past few days. Sculpted it out of Super Sculpey (I really hate this stuff, I finally remembered) and then extensively modified with Apoxie Sculpt. The basic shape, I think, is done for the most part; just some further refining to go. The jaw is made out of weld plate that I cut from a pattern I designed, again, it still needs some work. The mouth greebs and then some distressing is in my immediate future. Figuring out how to weld the spring to the jaw is something I've got to figure out, as well.

Wow, it certainly captures the look of the bobblebird great. The bends on the very bottom tip crimp the tongue shape into place.
FOr the base, try the local hardware store old style pipe fitting section.

great job!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back