Mad Max: Fury Road - Nux Bird Bobblehead

Since the minsups seem like a real pain to ship to the US - If I manage to get hold of one, I might modify it and do cold cast resin copies, if anyone is interested.

But I won't feel slighted if somebody beats me to the punch on that. Consider it an idea left on the table.

I'm weighing cost v. demand myself to do some in pewter for my bobbles, if I get one and am able to modify it. Again, a real daunting task for me as I've only got hand tools people would recognize 1500 years ago.:wacko

I will shoot pics of the ones i get and give some measurements. I have an assortment of springs and may be able to make custom springs to figure out the size. If it turns out the size i got is correct. I'll chuck it on the lathe and machine the nipple off.

crow.jpg

Anybody else only seeing one eye nut here? I do feel like it looks better with two, but maybe they were going for a 'monocle' look? It doesn't seem off-axis enough for the other side to be hidden by the skull here.

Last edited:
logan, your pic was not showing at work, it may be the server its hosted on?

I see the one nut eye, here is the pic again

my coupling pieces shipped today aswell.

crow.jpg

I think it still could be just hidden from view there.
Or maybe it's like the undetailed side of the TOS Enterprise.
Nobody would see that side.
Could have fell off, could be it wasn't bobbing right so they took some weight off.
Dang we need more pics of that car interior! Wasn't it on tour or something?
Or probably an interior shot version that did not go on tour is possible I'm sure.

Thanks Abelugo - could've been a problem with the name I gave it.

I hope there turns up some additional reference for confirmation. The car was on tour but I haven't seen any good interior shots from that. I don't recall if there are Nux's POV shots in the movie. I can see the theory that it might have bobbled off and gotten lost. Anyway, good luck with the couplings Abelugo! Looking forward to updates.

looks like a black marble or ball bearing. the spring seems thinner from this angle
BTW guys I think there are actually 2 or more Nux prop cars.

looks like a black marble or ball bearing. the spring seems thinner from this angle
BTW guys I think there are actually 2 or more Nux prop cars.

This is the impression I'm under, too, having noticed the size differences of the spring. I'm thinking one was for filming/stunts on location and then another for pick-up shots in studio (there is a behind the scenes out there with Hoult shooting in greenscreen in a section of the car). I'm thinking it might be some truncated, threaded ball bearing.

But if this is a common feature on either bobbles, then I would save some money on hex nuts.:lol

EDIT: Looking it up, now; it could also be an internally threaded ball of some such.

Last edited:
nux bobble drivers side.jpg

That's a great find CessnaDriver! Here's a montage of every single pic I could find of the driver's side from the various events the car was on display at. At the O2 in London, people could sit in and photograph the interior, and it doesn't look like anybody got a good shot of the bird! Crappy reference ftw.

Looks like the poor lil guy got a broke beak at some point, sadly.

Excellent work once more, @logan74k!

With those pictures, his "left eye" is definitely either one of these:

truncated-and-threaded-ball.gif

Or a large bolt of some kind.

I was just looking around to pick some of these truncated threaded balls up but after seeing the prices for them: forget it. I think I'll just have to make one from scratch, if I got that route.:wacko

Last edited:
I think we're seeing a glob of black putty behind the nut, possibly a smaller nut?
A couple of the pics still show "flats" on the nut, (see 1st post in this thread) also if you watch the GIF in the same post, it's visible as well.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back