Mad Max: Fury Road - Nux Bird Bobblehead

Gettin' there: skull got reworked but there's some more sanding to do, proto-jaw with the greebs. Hopefully, when I do this proper, I can do this a little bit cleaner.

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG

Anyone notice the word "UP" on the base?
Also, I was able to find decent replica crow skulls on eBay for $!4 , search for: Large Raven Skull Bird Skull Crow Gothic Taxidermy Corvid White W/ Black Beak! They're full size solid resin, and for the price, I'll do a little grinding.

Man, that is a niiiiiiiice little project. I was wondering if you'd have to weight the skull a little to get a proper wobble? Seems that the spring is pretty sturdy and wouldn't bounce around with the body roll of a car. Or maybe your sculpted skull + jaw + spring combination is in the Goldilocks zone. Anyways, looks legit. Good job.

Man, that is a niiiiiiiice little project. I was wondering if you'd have to weight the skull a little to get a proper wobble? Seems that the spring is pretty sturdy and wouldn't bounce around with the body roll of a car. Or maybe your sculpted skull + jaw + spring combination is in the Goldilocks zone. Anyways, looks legit. Good job.

I don't know about others, but on mine so far, with the metal jaw and hex nuts in the skull, it's got a pretty decent weight to it. And with the spring I have, I think it should bobble pretty decently.

Currently, I'm working on sanding the cast skull and then I just need to paint and assemble the thing. Should be finished with this pretty soon.

It's impressive. I'm trying to figure out what that base is. I'm thinking its a chunk of exhaust manifold or something.

It's impressive. I'm trying to figure out what that base is. I'm thinking its a chunk of exhaust manifold or something.
It seems to be a collar of some sort, I was going to start with electrical hardware, then lamp bases, but also foraged hard parts, yes intake manifolds but also like spindles and other undercar parts like shock mounts and rear end parts.
The "up" is definately a tell.
I also think of an inkwell or other vintage table top items, but that would just be a "looks-like" thing.

I've scoured eBay for days looking for that thing. Flanges, collars, cast iron, misc antique car parts, nothing! Early suspension parts are close, but it also reminds me of a cast iron thingy found on old garage door springs, just gonna keep looking.

I've scoured eBay for days looking for that thing. Flanges, collars, cast iron, misc antique car parts, nothing! Early suspension parts are close, but it also reminds me of a cast iron thingy found on old garage door springs, just gonna keep looking.

It will show up eventually, I know that part you are taking about, that also is a collar. Good idea. Also parts of industrial CAT equipment is a place to look.
Sounds like a challenge! Let me give it another looksy

Colin Gibson is an Aussie (I think). I wouldn't be surprised if it's a part off an Aussie-made vehicle. I'll show pics to a local auto wrecker and see if I can come up with anything.

According to my electrician neighbour, it's like the cast iron bit of a high-voltage insulator. They look like this:

image.jpg

Hope that's helpful.

Last edited:
Oh, what a day! What a lovely day!

He's all finished! The spring isn't very accurate but it was the best I could do with what I could source locally at the hardware store; the same goes for the base, but it does bobble wonderfully!

Unfortunately, in my eagerness to emulate the way it's positioned in the movie (and the fact that it's not bolted to anything), if it's not held in place, the bobbling motion will cause it to topple over. Next one I make, I think it'll come with a flange/base to help keep it upright. I was gonna originally add one to this but I opted not to splurge the extra 2 bucks.:lol Curse my short-sightedness!

Ah, well, better luck the next time!:p

004.JPG003.JPG005.JPG006.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back